Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Sassy Girl 2008

Default My Sassy Girl 2008

Anyone plan to watch this remake:

"A conservative-minded Midwesterner finds his well-mapped-out life taking an unexpected detour when he falls for a reckless girl with a rash wanton wild streak in director Yann Samuell's stateside adaptation of the 2001 South Korean hit. Jesse Bradford stars as the hapless young man who can't help but falling in love with the titular mischief maker (played by Elisha Cuthbert) despite her brazen ways. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide"

-http://movies.nytimes.com

I saw the trailer and wanted to die in a corner. It was so weird. This is another flop just like the Lakehouse (Reeves/ Bullock).

See Trailer: http://rocketfuel.wordpress.com/2008...y-girl-remake/
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

For what it's worth, at least Elisha Cuthbert is as cute as Jeon Ji Heon. We just have to hope Jesse Bradford looks as silly as the original Korean male lead.
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

They have a problem sticking to the originals, which are just perfect.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

This is the theme song for the movie (sang to to the tune of the original soundtrack.)

I believe, that this is a lousy show,
    Just like the one that they did sometime ago, (Lakehouse, and it rhymes)
    And so on…………

i love the lake house (bullock & reeves)!!!
    I havent seen sassy girl K version so i have nothing to add!!

they should of had just slap some professional subbing on the original and release it in america theatres. seriously, that trailer made me cry.

they should of had just slap some professional subbing on the original and release it in america theatres. seriously, that trailer made me cry.
    aw...you are a romantic just like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shen diao xia View Post
    aw...you are a romantic just like me!!!
    dude, i went to the theatres to see lakehouse and had HIGH hopes for it. instead i felt like going to the cashier and asking for my money back. i would of had done it if my friends weren't with me.

this movie go straight to dvd.....wont' show in the theater

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions View Post
    Anyone plan to watch this remake:
    See Trailer: http://rocketfuel.wordpress.com/2008...y-girl-remake/
    The trailer doesn't look very interesting. But if movie follows the original storyline, it should be quite interesting and heartwarming.

Agree with one of the comments in the blog, 'Sassy Girl minus the sass'.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-21-08 at 12:53 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Someone posted in imdb that he/she saw the test screening. His/her review is very positive. (Note: The review was posted last year).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404254/board/nest/79879911

Here are some of the comments.

click to show/hide spoilers
    i saw the test screening last week...

...and i totally loved it!

IMO the movie was well done

i did find it funny though how much Leo (played by austin basis) was like an older Jonah Hill. it was like they couldn't get Jonah for whatever reason so they found a guy who looks and sounds like him. but im not complaining. Basis did a fine job in this movie.

i haven't seen the original but do intend to, especially after now seeing the remake. can't wait till this version comes out in theaters... really enjoyed it

"leo? isn't he some side character in this movie? what about the main characters like Elisha and Jesse?"

great jobs both of them

elisha was awesome... she made u both replused by her actions but also strangly attracted. you could see how jesse's character could fall in love with a girl like that

jesse was very believable as an "average joe" type. he reminded me of various friends of mine... and i could even see myself in his character at times.

as i said before: great movie. can't wait for it to be released.

"does Jesse's character really have his life planned out?.. in the original he doesn't kno what he wants 2 do, but the girl kinda helps him unintentionally... "

he thinks he knows what he wants (to become a corporate business man for the same company his dad fixes tractors for) but elisha's character convinces him otherwise... intentionally.

"what does Elisha's character like to do?"

she writes film treatments staring a female who always ends up kill the male character. those scenes are shown with jesse and elisha playing those roles.

"does it end with a kiss, or is there any kissing in this film?"

its been a little while since ive seen it... a cant quite remember and i dont want to give false information so im just going to give this non-answer.

"For some reason, I thought the lead male in the original was a loser who has no big aspirations or any direction in life... and he's also wimpy in a way. He lives at home, his mom beats him up, etc... and he's far from a pretty boy... why did they change the character so much in the remake?"

same thing in the remake except for the whole "living at home/mom beating him" thing.

in terms of him being a "pretty boy," i think people are refering to the looks of the actor himself. not the character.

jesse bradford is a good looking guy

as for the "future" thing: elisha's character talks about how she believes time travel is possible and that people from the future are walking around among us today. a major aspiration of her's is to meet someone from the future and in the end she does

as far as the acting... superb job by all. i was fully immersed in the story right from the get go. as ive said before, havent seen the orginal. so in regarding this movie as its own entity it was one of the best ive seen in a long while. especially in terms of romantic comedies

Then, there's some conspiracy theory about the poster being a plant from the production crew to promote the movie.

Here's his/her reply
    omg... i go off to maui and dont check the boards for a while and conspiracy theories start about me!?!?!

no studio plant... just ur regular, every day, movie watching, college student... really

i saw a test screening, wrote about how i liked since the movie was getting such a bad wrap on here, answered some question to the best of my knowlege and thats it.

it's funny how people jump to conclusions

Then, someone want to put this conspiracy theory to test and asked a question.
    "Alright, let's put this conspiracy theory (not the implant bit though) to test here.

Madcowdjs, there is a scene (assuming the Hollywood remained faithful) after the guy is released from his first time in jail, the girl calls him up to meet. When they meet they end up eating/drinking. Now, can you describe the scene from the moment they meet until she ends up being wasted again. "

i dont remeber him to jail in the american version (Madcowdjs's answer)

Opinion from another person who supposely has also seen the movie. This time, it's negative.
    i saw the screening in june and would have walked out if they didn't promise $10 gift certificates to the movie theater at the end of the film. i love cuthbert but i actually took my glasses off about 20 minutes into the film and looked at the wall the rest of the movie
    Last edited by kidd; 05-21-08 at 02:51 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Good news, this movie is going straight to dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    dude, i went to the theatres to see lakehouse and had HIGH hopes for it. instead i felt like going to the cashier and asking for my money back. i would of had done it if my friends weren't with me.
    hmmm.....you turned from a romantic into a cheapskate in one instant

Well I personally liked "The Lake House" better than "Il Mare". I actually liked it A LOT.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

the lake house was bad imo. i didn't get that feeling of them being in love at all. and it was just weird. americans should stop remaking korean romance movies. i wonder how my wife is a gangster is going. haha

the lake house was bad imo. i didn't get that feeling of them being in love at all. and it was just weird. americans should stop remaking korean romance movies. i wonder how my wife is a gangster is going. haha
    Hollywood would stop remaking Korean romances if the Korean producers would just say no, but they like the money too much.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Hollywood would stop remaking Korean romances if the Korean producers would just say no, but they like the money too much.
    very true. i hope they're getting very good prices for them. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie View Post
    i love the lake house (bullock & reeves)!!!
    I havent seen sassy girl K version so i have nothing to add!!
    we may be a minority but I liked The Lake House as well... I don't think I'll watch Sassy Girl Hollywood though. It's just to weird because the story will only work for Asian culture, that's where the comedy/irony lies...

haven't seen the K version yet.

yeah yeah i should. stfu
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Banned

Smile

The trailer doesn't look very interesting. But if movie follows the original storyline, it should be quite interesting and heartwarming.