Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At what point in LOCH did Gwok Jing's martial arts first pull ahead of Mui Chiu Fung?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Guo Jing went toe to toe with Ouyang Feng in technique during the first trial
    Wasn't Au Yeung Fung going way, way easy on Gwok Jing during that first trial, though?

while earlier he'd taken a full blooded palm from his Toad Stance (which had been intended for Hong Qigong).
    Now THAT'S impressive. How did Gwok Jing manage that, and did it happen during the skirmish on Au Yeung Fung's boat?

A fully sighted Mei Chaofeng wouldn't have been capable of either, especially the latter.
    Most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

Now THAT'S impressive. How did Gwok Jing manage that, and did it happen during the skirmish on Au Yeung Fung's boat?
    It was during his spar with Hong Qigong on the island, before any of the trials took place. Huang Rong threw some needles, and since OYF was just crouched there fully charged, he reflexively launched a full power blow at her which only Guo Jing was close enough to block.

Mei Chaofeng's arts were never based on solid internal foundation, though, so while she wouldn't be able to take that Toad Stance palm exchange, she may still match Guo Jing in terms of speed, viciousness and claw poison. Faced with the Toad Stance she'd probably dodge and counter-attack rather than block. If she's fast enough to get in the way to shield Huang Yaoshi, she'd be fast enough to get out of the way if it came towards her.

My guess would be that after he had learned left-right he would probably have been a match for her. I don't think Mei Chaofeng could have handled two Guo Jings at Returning Cloud Manor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Mei Chaofeng's arts were never based on solid internal foundation, though, so while she wouldn't be able to take that Toad Stance palm exchange, she may still match Guo Jing in terms of speed, viciousness and claw poison. Faced with the Toad Stance she'd probably dodge and counter-attack rather than block. If she's fast enough to get in the way to shield Huang Yaoshi, she'd be fast enough to get out of the way if it came towards her.

My guess would be that after he had learned left-right he would probably have been a match for her. I don't think Mei Chaofeng could have handled two Guo Jings at Returning Cloud Manor.
    I'd agree with this. I think it's understated how much Guo Jing bloomed as a fighter after the events with ZBT and Peach Blossom Island. He learned L/R technique, subconsciously incorporated 9 Yin theories, and sparred with ZBT day and night who pushed him to his limits everyday and then some.

Then he got to watch Greats spar, and 9 Yin was so profound that he was puzzled because he noticed the flaws and errors in Huang Yaoshi and Ouyang Feng's moves but couldn't imagine that he had more advanced theories than they did.

I think when he fought OYF at Song Palace in Lin An which he can hold his own against OYF for at least 50 stances (before YK sneak attack)..