$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/livautetress/resu.jpg')

Resurrection

She had everything she needed but not everything she wanted…
One day she wakes up losing everything she ever had. Was getting everything she wanted worth everything she needed?

Yanna Kim- Beautiful and Multi-Talented Korean superstar, ambitious and vain
William Lee- Korean pop star, Yanna’s husband, kind and loving husband
Gerard Hu- Senior VP of Intermedia, Yanna’s lover, self-centered and arrogant
Mariana/ Eun Hye Song- poor but kind hearted girl, aspiring singer

CHAPTER ONE

The camera focused on the bloody fragments of broken glass that littered the highway. Reporters from large TV stations and bystanders surrounded the police-secured area where the accident had happened.

“Twenty-five year old Korean Superstar Yanna Kim was found dead after her Mazda crashed into a ten-wheeler truck while her companion, rumoured lover, multimedia executive Gerard Hu is in critical condition. The actress was reportedly under the influence of alcohol while driving down the highway at 1 am from Hu’s flat. The actress was on her way to catch a flight to the United States. Aside from Hu, an unidentified girl was also hurt from the incident and is also in a critical condition.” A reporter said.

With shaking hands, William Lee slowly slid the blanket off to reveal her young wife’s badly bruised face.

“No!” He screamed out loud. He did not know which was much harder to take, his wife whom he loved more than his life dying or the knowledge that his wife had been unfaithful to him all this time.

His legs shaking, his mother rushed towards him and supported him. He took his beautiful wife into his arms for the last time and whispered in her ear, “I’ll love you forever. I’d give anything even forgiveness to have you back.” He whispered in between sobs.

Mrs. Lee cried quietly as his son held the only woman he had ever loved in his arms for the last time. Unknown to them, a tiny tear spilled from Yanna Kim’s eye.

Gerard opened his eyes and blinked and saw his father peering down at him. Michael Hu, looked grave. “She’s dead.”

Gerard knew before he blacked out that she’s dead. “What… what about the girl?” he stuttered hoarsely, “she…she must not talk.”

Michael Hu, rubbed his temple. “I’ll see what I can do about that.”

Gerard nodded before closing his eyes.

Michael Hu gave a loud sigh. Gerard is his only son. Spoiled and arrogant that was how he had grown-up. He had tried to be a good parent. He had showered him with money and had him educated in the United States. Sure, he was shrewd but his womanizing ways and his penchant for gambling always got the best of him. He walked down the hospital lobby and entered a room where an old man sat holding on to the patient’s hand.

“How is she?” Michael asked him.

The old man cried. “I can’t lose her Sir. Please help her. She had always been weak. She’s the only thing I have in the world. I’ll do anything”

The old man sobbed as he held her daughter’s hand. Michael Hu felt his heart twitch. He knew what he felt. “Very well…” Instantly, the businessman in him took over as he bargained.

“My son, you have to eat. You’ve been drinking on an empty stomach,” Mrs. Lee said as he set a tray of food on the coffee table. It’s been two days since Yanna’s burial and his sons had done nothing but drink and watch his late wife’s videos.

“Mama, I need some time alone.” He said quietly without taking his eyes off the flat screen that bears the image of his wife as she sang her chart-topping hit, “Remember Me”.

Mrs. Lee felt a tear slipped down her face as she left her son alone.

Once he heard the door clicked shut the answering machine beeped once more. It must be now full of messages from nosy reporters who wanted to get an interview with him. He had been dodging reporters and paparazzi alike this past month. He did not care about the world anymore. On the screen, Yanna belted out the final note of her song before smiling at the camera, takes a bow and showered the audiences with flying kisses.

The reality that he won’t be able to wake-up again seeing her sweet face next to him hit him like a cold wave crashing angrily on the shore. He throw his glass on to the wall as he sobbed like a child, “Yanna, why?” His sobs echoed through the empty room.