Thread: April's Fool

Default April's Fool

I think this is the best place to put this thread since April's Fool can be considered part of American's culture... but I'm not sure.. does other country celebrate April's Fool?

But back ontopic, do you have any funny stories of April's Fool joke that you pulled on someone or if someone pulled on you?

For this year, I sent my friends the following: http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/vi...email&trk=aei6

So far, the responses have been good.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Hmm, every day is like april fools to me, because I have a habit to make deceptive posts randomly
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

anyway, one year I told my GF that I was going to move to Europe immediately b/c of job requirements. there was a long silence. she didn't know how to react. there must have been hundreds of thousands of questions flashing through her mind, and yet nothing came out of her lips. she was frozen in a state of shock.

was that kind of cruel?
    (I did that to test how she would react, to see if she really cared about me. She passed the test )
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

ahaha, i totally forgot about april fools...sigh too busy with other things =/
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Default Canadians have no cents of humour

I got sucked in pretty good this morning. In the middle of a newscast on the radio, the announcer reminded everyone that pennies would no longer be legal tender as of Friday. She didn't change her tone and gave no indication that it was a joke. I wondered why I hadn't heard about it earlier and that it was such short notice.

A couple of hours later, I was digging pennies out of my pockets to buy a coffee when it hit me - April fool!! I wonder how many people will be cashing in their pennies at the bank over the next few days.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

i got rick rolled
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    I got sucked in pretty good this morning. In the middle of a newscast on the radio, the announcer reminded everyone that pennies would no longer be legal tender as of Friday. She didn't change her tone and gave no indication that it was a joke. I wondered why I hadn't heard about it earlier and that it was such short notice.

A couple of hours later, I was digging pennies out of my pockets to buy a coffee when it hit me - April fool!! I wonder how many people will be cashing in their pennies at the bank over the next few days.
    Actually, this morning at work. Someone made an announcement of our poor efficiency performance within the company; especially during the mid-day because people sleep during that time. So the company send an training instructor: Olga. She was there to help us with some breathing excercises, so called: Energy Breaktime, this way we don't get exhausted at work. Everyone in the room laughed, who is Olga?
    Last edited by mind_wander; 04-01-08 at 09:21 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I almost got tricked by Gmail's Custom Time joke... but then I remember that they did something similiar last year. Anyone remember the "free print of your email" joke? It was great. I totally went looking for that feature in my Settings.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    anyway, one year I told my GF that I was going to move to Europe immediately b/c of job requirements. there was a long silence. she didn't know how to react. there must have been hundreds of thousands of questions flashing through her mind, and yet nothing came out of her lips. she was frozen in a state of shock.

was that kind of cruel?
    (I did that to test how she would react, to see if she really cared about me. She passed the test )
    Ahahah, but that's so mean!! If a guy did that to me, I think I would like totally whack him on the head or something. What did she do to you?

I haven't done much...I'm not very creative =(