Thread: Chinglish: Juice Bao anyone?

Default Chinglish: Juice Bao anyone?

The upcoming Bei Jing Olympics has sent a wave of Chinglish mania across China. We want to make good business with our English-speaking friends!

Posted on Engrish.com:
    Juice Bao Deducts Colored Big Rubber Emperor
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/juice-bao-menu.jpg')

As a bonus you get Justice Bao as your server and a rubber emperor toy as souvenir. Peese com agin.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

The God of Justice, The Justice of God, IRON-FACED JUSTICE GOD IMPARTIAL JUDGE Bao Qingtian!

My favorite translation of a dish remains Kung Pao Chicken = Government-Fried Chicken
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Haha good thing to know I'm not the only one who thought the thread was talking about Justice Bao.

My family is totally guilty of Chinglish. We do it every single day.

I often wonder...Why don't these pple actually hire pple that are fluent in both languages? Or does none exist in their country!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    I often wonder...Why don't these pple actually hire pple that are fluent in both languages? Or does none exist in their country!

Don't be ignorant. People who know both very well cost more money, not something every restaurant has...

Ignorant? If you arent aware, it doesn't just exist at restaurants. It exist at Airports, in movies, on advertisements etc.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.abcnews.com/images/Nightline/abc_chinglish5_070531_ssh.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/poisonous-evil-rubbish.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm1.static.flickr.com/97/258760443_a2482965b4_m.jpg')

Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Yeah, if you get over your ignorance on the fact that money is required for everything else too, then we can talk.

OK, you've had your differences.
    Now kiss and make up.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

So you're telling me big production companies that put out movies/ads can't afford fluent translators? Interesting.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Maybe you should buy legally then if you have such a huge issue rather than from god-knows-who makes those subtitles.

Don't be ignorant. People who know both very well cost more money, not something every restaurant has...
    Yeah, if you get over your ignorance on the fact that money is required for everything else too, then we can talk.
    You know, I am getting a bit irritated about posters getting overly sensitive about other people's opinions (only a bit!).

State your opinion by all means but be prepared to listen to others as well. Nobody says that you have to accept it. But, once you start labelling others as being ignorant or anything similar, then be prepared to receive somthing back in return.

That's what a forum is for and it breeds 2 way communication. Otherwise, go start an "Aunt Agony" column. That way, you can say whatever you want and nobody will challenge it.

BTW, don't take this personally. This message goes out to all posters who act like "Aunt Agony" most of the time (sure hope I don't sound like one here). Peace
    Last edited by shen diao xia; 04-03-08 at 01:01 AM.
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Maybe you should buy legally then if you have such a huge issue rather than from god-knows-who makes those subtitles.
    Oh yes I buy everything illegal. You must not get out much? Ive bought many "LEGAL" movies with bad subs. Yesasia.com is known for having great translations.

Quote Originally Posted by shen diao xia View Post
    You know, I am getting a bit irritated about posters getting overly sensitive about other people's opinions (only a bit!).
    Yea Im still confused why she jumped down my throat in the first place.

But I don't really give a sh...
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 04-03-08 at 12:24 AM.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

State your opinion by all means but be prepared to listen to others as well. Nobody says that you have to accept it. But, once you start labelling others as being ignorant or anything similar, then be prepared to receive somthing back in return.

That's what a forum is for and it breeds 2 way communication. Otherwise, go start an "Aunt Agony" column. That way, you can say whatever you want and nobody will challenge it.

BTW, don't take this personally. This message goes out to all posters who acts like "Aunt Agony" most of the time (sure hope I don't sound like one here). Peace
    Geez, thanks for the lesson on the fact that people can reply to what I post on a forum *gasps*! For your mighty info, I am interested in hearing what people have to say back. Maybe, that's why I *Gasp* posted it in the first place? Sheesh....

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Oh yes I buy everything illegal. You must not get out much? Ive bought many "LEGAL" movies with bad subs. Yesasia.com is known for having great translations.

Yea Im still confused why she jumped down my throat in the first place.

But I don't really give a sh...
    It's a matter of having the funds to do it. You posted from Engrish, you should go to their FAQ and read about why they don't hire people w/ good grammar to fix up the issues.

It's not called throwing around words. It's called---recognizing that a statement like "Why don't these pple actually hire pple that are fluent in both languages? Or does none exist in their country!" is basically ignorant. *shrugs* IN MY OPINION.
    Omg does having those last 3 words make everyone feel all warm/cuddly now? Seriously all this political correctedness really makes one's eyes bleed sheesh.

*comes back after a night's out*
    My thread! My FUN thread!!

Ah well, that just proved the following:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/kids-swear.jpg')
    Ah yeees, kids do that to each other as early as age 2.
    The raging youth. Wish I was still so young.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Haha, I'm sure there's still a "2" in your age. So it's not a lost cause =D

Awww, how nice. Comm'n, let granny give ya a cookie.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/chokies.jpg')

Geez, thanks for the lesson on the fact that people can reply to what I post on a forum *gasps*! For your mighty info, I am interested in hearing what people have to say back. Maybe, that's why I *Gasp* posted it in the first place? Sheesh....
    Quick, drink some water, you have hiccups or is it a case of Chinglish
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

Quick, drink some water, you have hiccups or is it a case of Chinglish
    Or maybe it's a case of run-on-sentences!

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Awww, how nice. Comm'n, let granny give ya a cookie.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/chokies.jpg')
    Does it have chocolate chip? I'm allergic to chocolate chip.

Does it have chocolate chip? I'm allergic to chocolate chip.
    Offu coursee la, my dear. That is the ingredient you actually choke on.
    Here, have a flesh drink to go with the chokie:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn61/expressionexp/fleshdrink.jpg')