Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EEG's lawsuit against Isabella Leong

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Isabella isn't stupid. She ain't gonna do this if there isn't a good chance she can really escape EEG. You think EEG won't get revenge if she can't break free from the contract? They already froze her in the past for not obeying them like a God.

Gimme a break...EEG needs to realize they are not Gods. And they can't fool the audience anymore. I'm glad the Gillian incident finally knocked some sense into some people. Too bad most Twins fans are already too delusional/brainwashed.
    We think Isabella may think she gets a good chance of getting out, but could she be another Nick Tse? Nick wasn't that smart when he didn't fulfill one of his contract term, and he was told in advance of the consequences. Despite learning of the consequences, Nick still refused to obey EEG, so EEG added couple more years to his long contract. Alright, I shouldn't use bright to describe him, he was more like rebellious when he acted out. There's no right or wrong here.
    SO, is Isabella's EQ as high as Nick or is her EQ higher than Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    We think Isabella may think she gets a good chance of getting out, but could she be another Nick Tse? Nick wasn't that smart when he didn't fulfill one of his contract term, and he was told in advance of the consequences. Despite learning of the consequences, Nick still refused to obey EEG, so EEG added couple more years to his long contract. Alright, I shouldn't use bright to describe him, he was more like rebellious when he acted out. There's no right or wrong here.
    SO, is Isabella's EQ as high as Nick or is her EQ higher than Nick?
    He's only stupid if he signed that contract, otherwise the added years aren't legally binding, isn't that so?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

there's probably a loophole they can do. Like underage contract is not binding or something.

I am sure EEG has a legal department. If underage contracts were non-binding, they wouldn't have signed it. Besides, I's mom wasn't underage. She was I's legal guardian. That's good enough.

The only reason why a company would sign a startup talent to a long contract is because it believes his/her longterm earning potential will be great, so that the company can lock the talent in for an amount less than her worth in the future. Yeah EEG may have taken advantage of Isa's family, but so what? EEG is a business, it's not a charity. If Isa's family could have gotten a better deal back then, they would have, just like she is trying to get more for herself now.

Btw, I have no love for EEG, but they are in the right in this case. I hope they win this case and clean her out. Unfortunately, it will probably end up in settlement.
    Last edited by spcnet; 04-17-08 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content
    This account is retired.

I totally agree with flyingfox.

In the court of law, they aint going to listen to sob stories etc. It's all about the papers! or show me the monay!

Be interesting to see what her defense is or if any at all. Perhaps her moma misread the 20 for a 10?
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    He's only stupid if he signed that contract, otherwise the added years aren't legally binding, isn't that so?
    Have you thought about that he probably doesn't have an option?
    Sure, he doesn't have to sign the contract with new terms, but the old contract probably says that he'll have to pay a huge sum for violating contract unless he signs a new one?
    Like I said his impulsive behavior ruins him

No wonder Isabella wants to sue EEG, 80% commission.....

Quote Originally Posted by godiva View Post
    No wonder Isabella wants to sue EEG, 80% commission.....
    80% taken out + Michelle Yeoh backing my arse + wealthy bf = only possible opportunity to win life back!

yeah - she's doing it with everything planned out ...

godiva, not sure where you got the 80% commission, but the article below only mentions 40-50%...

Translated by: kingkongit27 @ Asian Entertainment Universe
    Source: Mingpao

Isabella Leung has launched an attack at EEG; What other Artistes say?

Isabella Leung has officially announced an complaint accusing the company for asking her to sign an unfair and harsh contract while she was under age. Also stated how she was forced to do some things outside her contract that were extremely unreasonable. Earlier this month, Emperor Entertainment Group (EEG) had officially filed a lawsuit against Isabella Leung. Ordering to terminate all her work related to the entertainment circle until her contract with EEG expires.

Isabella spoke for the first time yesterday officially announcing a complaint and attacking EEG. She complained of the law suit and her contract details. The details including EEG claiming 40-50% commission from her earnings. Also how her management had forced her to do some unreasonable things outside her work contract. She claimed that she felt she was being used and this had caused her to lose trust in her management company.

Artistes being asked about the Case

Niki Chow : Stated that she has never done anything outside her contract. She claimed that if you feel something is unreasonable you can instantly say “No”.Before she signed her contract papers she had her lawyer beside her. She fully understands the terms and conditions of the agreement.

Gigi Leung: “Have not received or done any work outside of my contract. When I first got into the industry I did not have a lawyer with me while signing the papers. But I was very fortunate as my first record company “*** Lung” had always been supportive and never asked me to do anything outside my work contract. However I didn’t mind going to social events with colleagues”.

Paul Wong: “Everyone who says they are under some forced pressure has a different opinion about the situation they are in. “ When Paul first got in the industry he didn’t want to apply any make up but was forced to. He didn’t want to change into 7 different outfit’s for a photo shoot but would still go ahead as he no choice.

Fiona Sit: Fiona does not want to comment on Isabella’s case. But she has never had to do anything unrelated or outside of her work contract. Her Record company has not interfered with her dating. As long as it did not affect her work. However, she is very comfortable with her management as her Uncle manages her work.

Kenny Kwan: “The incident is being dealt with by the company. Isabella has not discussed this matter with me personally therefore I have no reason to comment. (Do you agree with Isabella about the company earning too much commission? ) “That question is different for every individual. I think it’s fair as I originally had nothing. EEG had invested a lot of money on me. “ (Would you say Isabella is a traitor?) Kenny states he hopes things will be resolved soon. Asked whether he has to do things outside his contract? “The company job arrangements are fair and reasonable. I have not had to do anything outside my work contract or anything unrelated”.

Ken Hung: Hopes that this incident will end soon and that everyone can continue with their normal lives. As a friend he will wish her the best but will not make any comments. “If I have a problem I will try to resolve the matters calmly by discussing over it. “ Ken proclaims he thinks the contract is fair because the Company had invested a lot on him and made him a star. Also while signing the contracts it was written in black and white and everything was fully clear.

Sherman Chung: She stated that before she signed the papers of her contract a company colleague explained the terms and conditions of the agreement very clearly. Her lawyer had also seen the contract and considered it to be very fair and reasonable. She also hopes this incident will be over soon and be peacefully resolved.

Not too sure how asking the opinions of other artists is of any significance to the situation, but I guess reporters need to print something. Regarding the issue of EEG forcing her to do things outside of the contract - now that's getting more interesting. I'd like to know what EEG demanded of her and what type of "force" was used. I was hoping to read more juicy info, but since this is a legal case, we'll just have to wait for the court proceedings.
    Last edited by tweety365; 04-21-08 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    godiva, not sure where you got the 80% commission, but the article below only mentions 40-50%...

Translated by: kingkongit27 @ Asian Entertainment Universe
    Source: Mingpao

Isabella Leung has launched an attack at EEG; What other Artistes say?

Isabella Leung has officially announced an complaint accusing the company for asking her to sign an unfair and harsh contract while she was under age. Also stated how she was forced to do some things outside her contract that were extremely unreasonable. Earlier this month, Emperor Entertainment Group (EEG) had officially filed a lawsuit against Isabella Leung. Ordering to terminate all her work related to the entertainment circle until her contract with EEG expires.

Isabella spoke for the first time yesterday officially announcing a complaint and attacking EEG. She complained of the law suit and her contract details. The details including EEG claiming 40-50% commission from her earnings. Also how her management had forced her to do some unreasonable things outside her work contract. She claimed that she felt she was being used and this had caused her to lose trust in her management company.

Artistes being asked about the Case

Niki Chow : Stated that she has never done anything outside her contract. She claimed that if you feel something is unreasonable you can instantly say “No”.Before she signed her contract papers she had her lawyer beside her. She fully understands the terms and conditions of the agreement.

Gigi Leung: “Have not received or done any work outside of my contract. When I first got into the industry I did not have a lawyer with me while signing the papers. But I was very fortunate as my first record company “*** Lung” had always been supportive and never asked me to do anything outside my work contract. However I didn’t mind going to social events with colleagues”.

Paul Wong: “Everyone who says they are under some forced pressure has a different opinion about the situation they are in. “ When Paul first got in the industry he didn’t want to apply any make up but was forced to. He didn’t want to change into 7 different outfit’s for a photo shoot but would still go ahead as he no choice.

Fiona Sit: Fiona does not want to comment on Isabella’s case. But she has never had to do anything unrelated or outside of her work contract. Her Record company has not interfered with her dating. As long as it did not affect her work. However, she is very comfortable with her management as her Uncle manages her work.

Kenny Kwan: “The incident is being dealt with by the company. Isabella has not discussed this matter with me personally therefore I have no reason to comment. (Do you agree with Isabella about the company earning too much commission? ) “That question is different for every individual. I think it’s fair as I originally had nothing. EEG had invested a lot of money on me. “ (Would you say Isabella is a traitor?) Kenny states he hopes things will be resolved soon. Asked whether he has to do things outside his contract? “The company job arrangements are fair and reasonable. I have not had to do anything outside my work contract or anything unrelated”.

Ken Hung: Hopes that this incident will end soon and that everyone can continue with their normal lives. As a friend he will wish her the best but will not make any comments. “If I have a problem I will try to resolve the matters calmly by discussing over it. “ Ken proclaims he thinks the contract is fair because the Company had invested a lot on him and made him a star. Also while signing the contracts it was written in black and white and everything was fully clear.

Sherman Chung: She stated that before she signed the papers of her contract a company colleague explained the terms and conditions of the agreement very clearly. Her lawyer had also seen the contract and considered it to be very fair and reasonable. She also hopes this incident will be over soon and be peacefully resolved.

Not too sure how asking the opinions of other artists is of any significance to the situation, but I guess reporters need to print something. Regarding the issue of EEG forcing her to do things outside of the contract - now that's getting more interesting. I'd like to know what EEG demanded of her and what type of "force" was used. I was hoping to read more juicy info, but since this is a legal case, we'll just have to wait for the court proceedings.
    This is getting quite interesting ...

I also want to add, depending on the source of the news, some magazines actually favor EEG people so they underplay a lot of things. I'm not really into which is which but I just know that happens.

Thanks for the news tweety. I wish we can get more info from Michelle Yeoh and the bf. hehe

They shouldn't be asking current EEG artists even. I mean, unless they want some trouble, EEG artists, as proven by the article, are sure to downplay their comments.

I don't remember where I read 80% commission, oh well.

40-50% for newbie is the trend in HongKong's industry

I read that Isa's mom signed a 10 years contract initially, and the other 10 years were added subsequently in the past 5 years. And she has to report to EEG everyday to let EEG know where she is, and get EEG's approval before she can leave Hong Kong. You'd think she's on parole, lol. Despite harsh term, my understanding of HK company is that artists are supposed to notify their company if they have plans to fly out of Hong Kong for vacations or personal business...

They shouldn't be asking current EEG artists even. I mean, unless they want some trouble, EEG artists, as proven by the article, are sure to downplay their comments.
    lol, yeah, joey yung was screaming at Isabella the other day

Man, If you were EEG artist, would you jump on board or no? I mean, if you stand on her side, you and her might have better odds but .... you might be dead!

The 40-50% commission is a bit much, IMO, but if that is the norm and the artistes agree to the conditions, they'll have to stick it out until the end of the contract. 10 years sound more reasonable. If Isabella signed new contracts afterward, then can't really argue against EEG.

As to the reporting to EEG daily and before leaving HK, that also make sense. Just like normal people going to work. Employees have to show up to work and if they don't, need to call in to let the managers/supervisors know why. You can't just disappear for a couple days without notice. Also, any vacations need to be scheduled ahead of time and employers need to be consulted. Again, you can't just take off for 2 wks without telling anyone. Otherwise, your @ss will so be fired.

I'm just wondering what kind of terms and force were involved . Hopefully, we get the gist of the case. I like neither party, but since EEG is the bigger evil, I'd like to see Isabella win.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    Man, If you were EEG artist, would you jump on board or no? I mean, if you stand on her side, you and her might have better odds but .... you might be dead!

Each contract may have different circumstances... Even if Isabelle could wriggle out of this easily, it may not be the same case for another.

Godiva, how was Joey screaming at Isabella? What did she say?

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    The 40-50% commission is a bit much, IMO, but if that is the norm and the artistes agree to the conditions, they'll have to stick it out until the end of the contract. 10 years sound more reasonable. If Isabella signed new contracts afterward, then can't really argue against EEG.

As to the reporting to EEG daily and before leaving HK, that also make sense. Just like normal people going to work. Employees have to show up to work and if they don't, need to call in to let the managers/supervisors know why. You can't just disappear for a couple days without notice. Also, any vacations need to be scheduled ahead of time and employers need to be consulted. Again, you can't just take off for 2 wks without telling anyone. Otherwise, your @ss will so be fired.

I'm just wondering what kind of terms and force were involved . Hopefully, we get the gist of the case. I like neither party, but since EEG is the bigger evil, I'd like to see Isabella win.
    Agree, man Isabella seems like a spoiled brat.

Work is somewhat miserable, and being w/ EEG shouldn't make that any different.

Each contract may have different circumstances... Even if Isabelle could wriggle out of this easily, it may not be the same case for another.

Godiva, how was Joey screaming at Isabella? What did she say?
    This is the chinese article
    http://the-sun.on.cc/channels/ent/20...5051_0000.html

Godiva beat me to it . But here is the translated version:

Joey Yung Heavily Criticises Isabella Leung's Actions, Monday April 21, 2008 Hong Kong
    Credits: The Sun
    Translated: Dengero @ JoeyGalaxy
    Posted by: Lena ♥ @ asianfanatics.net

Joey attended a "30hr Famine" event yesterday with Kenny Kwan.

Isabella Leung has recently created a wave of controversy attempting to dissolve her contract with the EEG. Portraying her contract as "unfair" and "unreasonable", yet refusing to specifically say why, even the normally calm Joey criticized her.

"She's having fun overseas while other artists have to answer her questions to the reporters. It is getting very annoying."

Arriving back from Beijing yesterday, Joey immediately rushed to the event hosted for "30hr famine". Having become their ambassador a few years ago, Joey had always been punctual, and explained her lateness due to a flight delay. The host Donald wasted no time and invited Joey to sing her first song, which was ironically the most famous song of Joey's controversial partner Denise Ho, "Wood Grain". Joey sang straight away without flinching at the suggestion, although relied heavily on the lyrics provided. Later she revealed singing the song was on purpose and was pre-determined, as a way to spike up the aura in the event.

Joey criticizes Isabella for being unreasonable, and demands that she come back to Hong Kong to explain herself.

Being good natured and happy at the time, Joey did a face transformation and gloomed when asked about Isabella's latest attempt to dissolve her contract.

"Will she please come back to Hong Kong now and clearly state what she intends to do. Her blurry description of an unfair contract is indirectly and directly hurting our artists' reputations. How can she say she's unhappy and all, yet not come back! And this matter does not relate to me! Why do I always have to answer her questions! It is getting so annoying!"

(But Isabella said she wasn't happy with the things she had to do outside her contract.)

"What exactly are those 'outside things' she had to do?" Joey replied, but then immediately changed the subject.

"Why dissolve the contract all of a sudden? A contract is a contract. No matter your age, your proffession, once you sign a contract you need to stick with it. So now she just suddenly asks a lawyer to review her contract, yet she didn't do so for all these years (about 7)."

Joey also added, "I pay my own fees for my dancing lessons. I am doing it for my company, it is an outside thing, but ultimately I benefit from it"

(But dancing and singing is part of your contract. Is EEG requiring you to do anything outside the contract?)

"Every contract is different; I leave that to my lawyer. But the conditions are listed very clearly, for example the parties after the events, if I feel tired, then I don’t need to go!"

(Isabella also claims that despite the contract ending, the conditions are still everlasting, what are your comments on that?)

"That's weird, a contract ending is a contract ending, how can the conditions go on? The claim is so blurry and unclear. Whatever it is, my contract is not like that."

(Isabella provides an example of "unreasonable conditions". Apparently her contract requires her to report her position to EEG every timeframe. Is it true?)

At this point, Joey became very emotional and answered, "Seriously, which job allows you to just go everywhere without reporting somehow where you are? This is responsibility, not a restriction. How hard is it just to say where you are? The whole company is hurt in someway, especially our manager Mani. As for Mr Yeung I don't really know if he is unhappy or not, but Mani definitely is. All these years, all these efforts, and now Isabella is being irresponsible. I am trying to comfort Mani recently; I hope this will over soon."

I didn’t know Isabella has been missing from Hong Kong during all this time. Although I feel that Joey may not be all that objective on the issues involving EEG, but some of her words do make sense. We really don’t know much about the allegations Isabella is claiming, hence we can only speculate.

But again, shouldn’t the details in a legal case be kept confidential? I’m not even sure Isabella even needs to be in HK. Kinda like saying I quit my job and I’m leaving the company. I’m not gonna stick around and face my ex-employer. It’s now a legal issue and the lawyers can fight it out.
    Last edited by tweety365; 04-23-08 at 05:39 PM.

Reporting to employer 24/7 is kinda unreasonable. She should only have to report for all work-related hours. EEG does not own her, and they can not request her to report where she is 100% of her daily life. There's gotta be SOME personal hours. The only people who have to report 24/7 are slaves basically.

Even though artists do work more weird hours than normal people, that doesn't mean they don't have the basic human freedom of having SOME personal hours. Doctors have hours when they can sign out, and are not on call.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Reporting to employer 24/7 is kinda unreasonable. She should only have to report for all work-related hours. EEG does not own her, and they can not request her to report where she is 100% of her daily life. There's gotta be SOME personal hours. The only people who have to report 24/7 are slaves basically.

Even though artists do work more weird hours than normal people, that doesn't mean they don't have the basic human freedom of having SOME personal hours. Doctors have hours when they can sign out, and are not on call.
    in exchange for the fame and publicity, she loses out on her personal life.... it was her call...

joey had a few good points there so i can see why she was so frustrated...

both parties got good points.