Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EEG's lawsuit against Isabella Leong

We don't really know what Isabella's reporting hours are, but if EEG requires her to report 24/7, then I agree that it is akin to slavery. There has to be limits with personal hours/vacations.

I didn’t know Isabella has been missing from Hong Kong during all this time. Although I feel that Joey may not be all that objective on the issues involving EEG, but some of her words do make sense. We really don’t know much about the allegations Isabella is claiming, hence we can only speculate.
    I agree with this, and at least most of what Joey says. Isabella has accused, but did not provide sufficient information for people to understand why she did what she did.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Why does she need to provide the media with this info? It's a court case...maybe her lawyers advised her not to. Besides hard to trust what the tabloids say anyway esp w/ EEG big brother involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Reporting to employer 24/7 is kinda unreasonable. She should only have to report for all work-related hours. EEG does not own her, and they can not request her to report where she is 100% of her daily life. There's gotta be SOME personal hours. The only people who have to report 24/7 are slaves basically.

Even though artists do work more weird hours than normal people, that doesn't mean they don't have the basic human freedom of having SOME personal hours. Doctors have hours when they can sign out, and are not on call.
    same too, I have a feeling it's not simple phone call-ins, more like checking up. And the impression I get from reading one of the conditions-'acquiring EEG approval before leaving Hong Kong' is that Isa can only leave Hong Kong if EEG approves the purpose or the destination of her trip. I can understand if the trip is relating to work, but if not then I think EEG is wayyy too domineering.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Why does she need to provide the media with this info? It's a court case...maybe her lawyers advised her not to. Besides hard to trust what the tabloids say anyway esp w/ EEG big brother involved.
    Those information will be made known to the media sooner or later anyway, but of course that doesn't mean she can't have her privacy and silence right now.

And until the exact information are revealed, Isabella may not receive much support, and could have to endure much pressure.

But the reporting to EEG of everywhere and anywhere she goes... does indeed sounds harsh and domineering. :\

EEG's always been known for trying to control their stars like puppets...look at Twins. Too bad they couldn't control Gillian's hormones lol. But they're still even controlling her now and after the incident. I'm not saying Isabella is not greedy in this case, but EEG just fails to impress me period. I've lost all faith in any credibility they have.

It might not work to her advantage to reveal all to the media if they're trying to get an edge on the other party in a trial. Better to keep things private. The court (if not corrupted by EEG...) should be objective based on a fair trial and not what the media thinks.

EEG is full of liars. I remember in the Gillian scandal, that Mani woman said that EEG was in full support of Gill and that she had commercials/other work lined up. Her schedule is packed, the scandal won't hurt her career, blah blah... blah! Now, she is so frozen. All the events that Twins was supposedly already scheduled for, Charlene went alone. So what does EEG have to say to that?

So I'm hoping the PR people in EEG will butcher up this case and Isabella will win. Just to bring down the monopoly power a peg or 2.

Yeah honestly....I don't buy all this b.s. that EEG is putting out about how hard they train their artists, and they don't ask for anything back but for them to be successful, etc. etc. That Mani woman seriously does not have an ounce of truth coming outta her mouth.

And they're already playing the media to their favor.

If Michelle Yeoh and Isabella's supposed bf aren't involved, I would say Isabella is screwed. But now that they're in it too, this could prove to be very interesting. Especially since Yeoh has connections in many high places.

As for the Gillian incident, it happened exactly like we predicted. Gillian's getting screwed over now by EEG while Edison is getting away with it. Ha, society is great *rolls eyes*.

Add to everything that EEG girls have long been rumoured to be forced to "serve and please" big bosses.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Add to everything that EEG girls have long been rumoured to be forced to "serve and please" big bosses.
    EEEEE... yeah... that has been going on for sometime now.

It is interesting that Michelle Yeoh is involved in this. I am interested in why. Hmm...

We all know the "casting couch" exists in all entertainment industries. Anyone saying otherwise is in serious denial or totally ignorant of the jaded world we live in. So with all the power and money those big bosses have, it's not too far fetched to conclude what is going on behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    We all know the "casting couch" exists in all entertainment industries. Anyone saying otherwise is in serious denial or totally ignorant of the jaded world we live in. So with all the power and money those big bosses have, it's not too far fetched to conclude what is going on behind closed doors
    Man, it's gross and very disheartening... those things women would do for fame, glory and money.

Oh this mani chick, dislike her. No grace, no manner, the worse off sending inappropriate values/beliefs to her managed artists. Not that her artists are astute, but I think they really don't need to be led awry

Default 'Isabella Leong & Richard Li Engaged'

Isabella Leong (梁洛施) and Richard Li (李澤楷) are engaged, The Sun reported today.

The newspaper interviewed Rob Cohen, who directed the upcoming film The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, which Isabella appears in. The director talked candidly about the Chinese stars of the summer blockbuster, including Jet Li (李連杰) and Michelle Yeoh (楊紫瓊).

The director revealed that, last week, he had dinner with Isabella and Richard – where Isabella introduced Richard as her fiancé.

Rob added that Isabella has promised that she will attend the film's US premiere.

Meanwhile, The Sun rumoured that Isabella has returned to Hong Kong to face up to the legal battle with her record company, Emperor Entertainment Group.

Isabella, 19, has filed a countersuit, claiming that she has been trapped in an unconscionable contract, in response to a writ lodged earlier by EEG, which claimed a breach of contract by the actress-singer.

Isabella has reportedly been trying to quit the company after starting to date Richard, the boss of PCCW, the largest telecommunications company in Hong Kong.

It has been widely rumoured in Hong Kong press that Isabella has been in a relationship with Richard, who is 21 years her senior, since late last year, but both have refused to comment.

Newspapers have rumoured that that Michelle was the matchmaker who introduced Isabella to Richard, when the tycoon visited the set of The Mummy.

News translation from Batgwa.com
    http://batgwa.com/story.php?id=862

----

Don't know how whether this news is credible or not.

21 years her senior? man, that guy is old enough to be her father. EEG is bad, but i don't think Isabelle is any better. just look at how she can marry a man who's 21 years older than her. i can't make myself to believe that there's love between the two, or at least not Isabella. to me it's just like "he's rich, and she's a pretty celeb." that's it, nothing else. but still, i don't hope EEG to win either. they sound like a bunch of cruel people.
    Last edited by L4love; 05-11-08 at 01:46 AM.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

I remember 10 years ago when EEG first got its iron grip on the HK entertainment industry by promoting talentless cash cows.

I knew karma would come back and haunt its stupid a_ _ (especially its nasty mob boss head, Albert Yeung). 2007-2008 was definitely not a year to write home about for them. They must have forgotten to thank their lucky gods at the beginning of the year.

First came the Edison Chen scandal that basically ruined the career of 1/2 of one of their main cash cows, the hypocrite idiot Gillian Chung.

Then comes this Isabella Leong ordeal. This I had to laugh my head off at, b/c as soon as she becomes successful (and let's face it, she will) in her lawsuit, EEG can kiss the rest of its artists good-bye.

Trillions of dollars out the window for EEG. You gotta love the karma.

All they need is a Joey Yung scandal, and EEG will be going down. Way down.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Let's not forget that many of EEG's most successful female artists (including both Twins and Joey Yung) come from single-mom families.

Rumour has it that the aspiring singer AND the mom need to sit on the 'casting couch'. Somehow I don't think it's a rumour.

If you're lucky enough not to be a female aspiring singer, then all you need to do is smuggle some crack for Mr. Yeung. You think Deep Ng is still with EEG despite his drug-smuggling conviction for no reason? Any other record company would have thrown him out the window. And stupid Mani Fok still makes EEG to be the forgiving, compassionate boss by saying that they wanted to give him a second chance. Give me a break. It's b/c he was smuggling the crack for Albert Yeung's sorry a_ _.

EEG must take us for idiots.

Albert Yeung is nothing but a nasty perverted criminal. I can't wait until the day he takes the world's longest vacation b/c I can't wait to see what happens to EEG.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com