Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Moonlight Resonance 《溏心風暴之家好月圓》

I just finished watching this show and I think it is much better than the first series.. less draggy and I really love the sibling scenes which are very touching.. but the one big grouse i have is that they focus so much on the older generation that they totally neglected the development of the other characters especially the younger generation.. many of the sub-storylines are just so abrupt.. I wish they could have cut out some of the Hor ma preaching and telling lame jokes and just developed all the characters more..

No offense, but seriously this is the most overrated series of all time. I don't see it as anything better than other series. If you think about it, it's over hyped, the storyline is mediocre and boring...it's not a very memorable series for me but something that will be forgotten later on - everything is so sappy, opera-like. It's probably just that I have different taste and dramas like these don't really appeal to me. Sometimes I never understand HKers for their choice of drama and music nowadays.

Waiting for Grand Entrepreneur and Palace Scheme which seems to have a good plot - hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

just started watching this drama. is it me or raymond is better looking in here? idk, i never actually paid attention to him in his other series, but in this drama he actually gave me a good impression, not sure because of his character or because of his looks. i think most of the casts look very good in here. i'm liking the story right now, but i know it will get more intense. just hope it won't be something too dramatic that becomes ridiculously stupid and sad.
    Last edited by L4love; 12-24-08 at 11:27 PM.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Moonlight Resonance was so good. i think it was one of the best TVB productions i've seen. although some of the love stories were a little rushed while the relationship between linda, bosco, and raymond dragged on and on, everything still turned out well. in the middle of the drama i thought i will hate linda's character, but i was wrong. i still hate her nonstop crying though. no offense.

overall, this drama made me cry and laughed at the same time.

click to show/hide spoilers
    however, i still don't get how the grandma's sister and her son, including kate tsui didn't have to go to jail. i mean, didn't they witness the grandma's death and helped michelle lie about it? shouldn't they be punished for hiding the truth?
    Last edited by L4love; 12-28-08 at 05:39 AM.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Quote Originally Posted by j-walker View Post
    No offense, but seriously this is the most overrated series of all time. I don't see it as anything better than other series. If you think about it, it's over hyped, the storyline is mediocre and boring...it's not a very memorable series for me but something that will be forgotten later on - everything is so sappy, opera-like. It's probably just that I have different taste and dramas like these don't really appeal to me. Sometimes I never understand HKers for their choice of drama and music nowadays.

Waiting for Grand Entrepreneur and Palace Scheme which seems to have a good plot - hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Did you like Heart of Greed?

Shameless logic-defying soap opera filled with drama kings and queens. Although I do admit Michelle makes a fabulous villain and that scene where Auntie Sa beat up her lying daughter in front of the whole family was extremely entertaining.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Is this out on DVD in the U.S. yet? I only see the Malaysian copy (fake I'm assuming?) and the HK version which is very expensive.

Thanks!

Watched about 1/3 of this series. It's a weird feeling. I mean, it's over the top, way too dramatic, the characters are incredibly exaggerated, Everything is so cheesy it's not even funny.

Yet I enjoy it. It's like I can't help myself. I even sat through all the lame jokes, all the incessant whining, and crying and complaining and in the end I'm still watching.

This show doesn't make sense.

So True! I think Heart of Greed is way better than MR. Love Linda Chung but skip this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    Did you like Heart of Greed?

Heart of greed was amazing. Even though I hate moses and raymond, and don't care for bosco, I enjoyed heart of greed. This moonlight resonace can't compete, and I actually gave up watching it a third through it.

Episodic thoughts on Moonlight Resonance (not by me).

http://moonlightresonance-tvb.blogspot.com/

Anyone who is interested can check it out. Can reignite your feeling for the series. That blood boiling feeling.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-18-09 at 01:25 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
    Heart of greed was amazing. Even though I hate moses and raymond, and don't care for bosco, I enjoyed heart of greed. This moonlight resonace can't compete, and I actually gave up watching it a third through it.
    You should really give MR another shot. This is a fantastic drama. The only complaint I had was the Bosco/Linda love story. It is just way too cheesy and lame for my taste.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I wish they had actually developed Moses and Tavia's relationship. Yuet is by far my favorite character and at the end they just slapped her and Moses together without them even expressing their feelings towards each other. Sigh...

I just finished watching this show. I love it. 10/10
    Favorite shows: E.U., Rosy Business
    Favorite actor: Ron Ng, Wayne Lai
    Favorite actress: Tavia Yeung