Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yang Guo + Xiao Long Nu -- lovey-dovey scenes!

Default Yang Guo + Xiao Long Nu -- lovey-dovey scenes!

I've watched two versions of ROCH (95 & 06). It is the ONLY wuxia story that I have seen 2 adaptations of. One thing that I noticed while watching both these series is how awkward the YG-XLN love scenes are. They would just start hugging and talking to each other EVEN WITH other peoples around them.

One example is the scene of the Heroes Conference [英雄大会], just after the separation of Yang Guo and his gugu [姑姑]. When they saw each other, they got so happy and just ignored their entire surrounding. I laugh each time I see it!

Another time is at Loveless Valley when they reunited again. They just ignored Gongsun Zhi! Haha! I imagine the old fool to be very mad!

What do you guys think of these lovey-dovey scenes between YG-XLN? Do you laugh at them when you watch it? What about when you read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I've watched two versions of ROCH (95 & 06). It is the ONLY wuxia story that I have seen 2 adaptations of. One thing that I noticed while watching both these series is how awkward the YG-XLN love scenes are. They would just start hugging and talking to each other EVEN WITH other peoples around them.

One example is the scene of the Heroes Conference [英雄大会], just after the separation of Yang Guo and his gugu [姑姑]. When they saw each other, they got so happy and just ignored their entire surrounding. I laugh each time I see it!

Another time is at Loveless Valley when they reunited again. They just ignored Gongsun Zhi! Haha! I imagine the old fool to be very mad!

What do you guys think of these lovey-dovey scenes between YG-XLN? Do you laugh at them when you watch it? What about when you read it?
    I throw up stuff I *swear* I'd digested last month.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

I'd go "awwwwwwwwwww" and then go do what Ken does.

OMG! I love those scenes! Especially the one at the Heroes conference! I was going 'awwwwwwwwwwww' the whole time! The Louis and Carman Lee version was the best because it was the first version I saw. If I was at home I'd post all the scenes you've mentioned.

Another scene that made me cry was the reunion after 16 years! The Carman Lee and Louis Koo version was just sooooo sad! I cried and I think I'll still cry if I saw it again.

Another wonderful scene!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ovyVncnd5c8

When I watched those scenes, I just laughed. It must be so embarassing to have so many people looking at you when you're busy with your lover. Only Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu could pull it off. They're simply "addicted" with each other. They have reached the "Peak of addiction" where they couldn't even notice their surroundings. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    When I watched those scenes, I just laughed. It must be so embarassing to have so many people looking at you when you're busy with your lover. Only Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu could pull it off. They're simply "addicted" with each other. They have reached the "Peak of addiction" where they couldn't even notice their surroundings. LOL!
    You just realized that?
    Dude, I've known that since the first time I saw ROCH 95.
    That is why I like this couple so much.

I wish one day that YunJae can play something like this.

It's all so much more tasteful in the novel. Seriously!

Reading the novel translation, I went "awww," while watching ROCH 95 and 06 made me go "yechhhh." After all, TV shows tend to be way over the top.

ROCH 83 was an exception, though. If I recall correctly, they weren't so horrible.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    ROCH 83 was an exception, though. If I recall correctly, they weren't so horrible.
    ROCH '83 is the only version I've really seen, and it was pretty horrible.

It makes me feel that Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl were very rude and obnoxious people, not in the usual "Hey, f**ker! F**k you, a**hole!" kind of way, but in a sort of passive-aggresive way...like, "We're too above-it-all to even notice you" condescending way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You mean throw stuff and swear at the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    You mean throw stuff and swear at the tv.
    Yeah, that too.

It makes me feel that Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl were very rude and obnoxious people, not in the usual "Hey, f**ker! F**k you, a**hole!" kind of way, but in a sort of passive-aggresive way...like, "We're too above-it-all to even notice you" condescending way.
    well yeah, that was what they were thinking.
    no one else mattered when they were in each other's company, or when they were apart from each other all they did was search for each other.
    they are the same with or without people around them.
    they weren't showing off to other people that they were lovers, but they simply didn't care about other people.
    in her eyes, he was the only one there. and in his eyes she was the only one he wanted to see.
    i hate series where when the guy and girl would part for a few scenes and the guy totally forgets about the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    they are the same with or without people around them.
    they weren't showing off to other people that they were lovers, but they simply didn't care about other people.
    in her eyes, he was the only one there. and in his eyes she was the only one he wanted to see.
    Yeah, but that made them come off as self-absorbed, conceited snobs...which would have been all right, except that they were supposed to be the *protagonists* of the story. It's really hard to get behind protagonists that project such a snob vibe.

And I coo with delight when I see that...

Huh? People here don't do PDA?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hmm... I'll take your word for it. I haven't seen ROCH 83 in awhile. I'm pretty charitable, so I forgave them for being mushy because I figured it comes from their innocence of the world, etc.

Just to give you guys an idea of my mushiness meter--so you know I'm not BSing you--I found "Love Actually" to be disgusting in the first 30 seconds. Maybe even less.
    ZOMG I'm back! Did ya miss me? (yeah, probably didn't...)

I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played, and it pleased the Lord.

Yeah, but that made them come off as self-absorbed, conceited snobs...which would have been all right, except that they were supposed to be the *protagonists* of the story. It's really hard to get behind protagonists that project such a snob vibe.
    Since they are the protangonists of the story, they are better than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Since they are the protangonists of the story, they are better than everyone else.
    No, that doesn't work for me. I think they have to earn it, and Little Dragon Girl, especially, didn't

No, that doesn't work for me. I think they have to earn it, and Little Dragon Girl, especially, didn't
    Her whole purpose in the story was to be loved by YG.
    And I saw that love thru out the whole show.
    I'm very satisfied.
    I think you're just angry that your GJ didn't look cool enough standing next to my YG.

Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!