Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 火蝴蝶 (Fire butterfly) (airing:21-04-2008)

Default 火蝴蝶 (Fire butterfly) (airing:21-04-2008)

title: 火蝴蝶 (English title not available yet, literally translation is "Fire butterfly")

cast:
    michael tong (唐文龍)
    rain li (李彩華)
    Kenneth Tsang (曾江)
    Cherie Chan (陳少霞)

promo vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjcIWtXM1O8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmC2rDlNMGM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRhNtoBLYD0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--PmHsJerpE

release date: 21-04-2008

I couldn't find any summary of this series, it's releasing in 10days and i can't find a thing on the atv website....

Haven't watched a atv serie a while (last one was "no turning back") so i'm really looking forward to fire butterfly but the casting isn't so appealing
    I don't have a problem that atv hires per-series actor/actresses but micheal tong isn't that good and rain li is even worse...
    The casting in no turning back or central affairs was way better....
    And where are the atv actors/actresses? I know patricia liu plays a supporting role but where are people like pinky cheung, andrew yuen, hawick lau,....

the official homepage is up: http://www.hkatv.com/v3/drama/08/flamingbutterfly

and the official title is: Flaming Butteferfly
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Wow they brought back a bunch of ppl from TVB... Cherrie Chan and Joyce Chan are both in here. I also recognize this old TVB actor who I havent seen for awhile.

trailer (long version)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwQsEl10jPY

i'm so excited, it's airing next week
    atv fans don't forget to support atv

Is anyone watching this? What do ya'll think?
    The long trailer looks intense....although I have to admit it seems to be formulated like No Turning Back and Central Affairs. However, I don't mind using old formulas as long as it keeps me interested so I'm looking forward to this.

It's also nice seeing some former faces of TVB...

I really can't wait to watch this series. I love Michael Tong and Rain Li. Rain seems really evil in here. lol, she looks so convincing.
    F e m m e F a t a l e [Ruby Wallace YanKuan Sammul Peter Julian Alec Mike Jiro LuYi]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/femme_fatale/
    A modern story of femme fatale, tangled in a web of lies and deceit.

The love traingle is so annoying. And the theme-song is very old-fashioned.

But Cherie is quite well as the abused wife. I am suprised to see her still acting. Too bad she has so little screenime. Just watching this series, it seems that some ATV artistes have survive in ATV for 30 years. I still see some actresses from the classics like "The Fatherland" or "Reincarnated".

But I am up to ep 10 and still no revenge plot by Rain! Is there supposed to be one? Cos all I am getting is the love traingles, and a lot of yelling. I think I might skip some eps and come back and watch if it is good.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I really like this series although it's easy to see what's coming.

Hmm...just started watching this series and it seems interesting.

I'm very surprised to see Cherrie Chan and Chris Lam Wai in this series.

EDIT

Um....Um........um.....WTH? I really do not see any chemistry between Rain Li and Michael Tong so far. Rain Li is not good at acting. I don't get her character. She's bitter about Michael and then he goes to leave the hospital room and she starts yelling at him...shouldn't she start yelling when he was facing her? I don't know. All that emotional yelling and retelling of her painful past just seem really sloppy.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-13-08 at 06:14 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i finished watching this series...but can't figure out this...

did michael live or die?

the last scene...is it reality? or is it in heaven?

Salvia
    Unregistered

Well the first 15 episodes are more about the love stories. But it turns very exciting from ep. 20/21 up. (when Rain begins turning evil..) Really good series. I love it, when Michael looks so sad. That is really touching.

I really love this drama. You guys should give this drama a chance. The chemistry between Michael and Rain is awesome and I cried at the end when Michael was shot. I think Rain really loves Michael. It's just the trust between was kind of fading away. But I have to say Rain's acting is incredible in here. She looks convincing for her role, and I'm glad Michael is given the chance to act as the main leading male role. His acting is awesome as always.
    F e m m e F a t a l e [Ruby Wallace YanKuan Sammul Peter Julian Alec Mike Jiro LuYi]
    http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/femme_fatale/
    A modern story of femme fatale, tangled in a web of lies and deceit.

I agree; I really enjoy this series. I'm on chapter 5 so far and loving it! Rain and Michael are sooo cute in here. I'm not a fan of Rain but she can ACTUALLY act in here (what a surprise! ) Can't wait to see what will happen next! Apparently Rain turns to the dark side but I wonder when that'll happen. Hopefully her love for Michael will change her for the good!

Just finished this, and it's pretty good. The first half of the series though is sleep-inducing. The show really picks up once Rain Li's character gets into the Cheung family. Rain's acting isn't all bad, she over-acts sometimes but at the very least she brings a lot of life into her character. Can't say that about Anson Leung though, I just felt his acting was kinda weak. The montages were real corny as well, even my parents wanted me to fast forward through those parts.

I just finished this film. And I can't wait to give my comment about the ending of this film. It was so romantic. After all the hardships they had been through, they finally be with each other. Michael really treasure the moment he'd been with his wife. I don't know should I say he's selfish or not. In all three years he had left his wife suffering from missing him just to find the girl he used to love in the past. Anyway, it was a great ending, and it's really meaningful. I love it.

I love this series too but I cannot believe Michael would kiss Winnie Shum. That part makes me so mad
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster View Post
    I just finished this film. And I can't wait to give my comment about the ending of this film. It was so romantic. After all the hardships they had been through, they finally be with each other. Michael really treasure the moment he'd been with his wife. I don't know should I say he's selfish or not. In all three years he had left his wife suffering from missing him just to find the girl he used to love in the past. Anyway, it was a great ending, and it's really meaningful. I love it.

So what exactly is the ending of the show? Is it really a happy ending? I watched No Turning Back and it was a really good show but I didn't like the ending because it was just left hanging and I like the ending to be clear..

Its a happy ending
    Quote Originally Posted by salad1988 View Post
    So what exactly is the ending of the show? Is it really a happy ending? I watched No Turning Back and it was a really good show but I didn't like the ending because it was just left hanging and I like the ending to be clear..

Banned

Just finished this, I really enjoy the series!

I just finished watching this.

I think it is fantastic. I'm usually a TVB person, and I haven't really watched an ATV series in so many years I can't even remember. But I have to admit that I enjoyed watching this way more than the recent TVB major productions, like Gem Of Life, Born Rich, and Drive Of Life. This show beats all of them; no contest.

The acting was a bit clunky at first, but I got used to it, and overlooked it because the story was so good, and there were some decent performances too. I think Ken Tsang did extremely well. Michael Tong was so-so (not terrible). His expressions sometimes weren't so great but I think overall he was worth watching. Rain Li was average too; she had some great moments but some poor ones too (she needs to cry a bit better).

What I really liked, however, was the story. It really is a thought-provoking one, and one which viewers can debate about who was right and wrong. The questions you can ask are plenty:
    1) At the beginning (1st episode), can Rain Li and her dad really blame Ken Tsang for not helping them out during the stock market crash? We all know that Ken Tsang never liked her family, but I don't think he should be obligated to help. Rain Li's dad was reckless with his finances, and he deserved to lose everything.
    2) Was Rain's motivation for revenge justified? Revenge for what? For not being accepted by Michael Tong's family at first? For Michael's younger brother (don't know his real name) being reckless and making Michael wrongfully accuse Rain of having an affair with his brother? For losing her child? etc....

I really enjoyed this show because of the many questions you can ask and debate, and we'll all have different answers most likely. It just seems a lot of the arguments really stemmed from one misunderstanding to the next, one mistrust to the next.

The final question I have is: why did Rain choose that particular time in the final episode to take her life. I'm assuming that the very last scene when she meets up with Michael is because she is now dead too and that's how she can finally reunite with him (because he was actually really killed while trying to escape from his kidnappers). So why did she wait so many years with the hope that he might be still alive, but when the will was read and she shows that she still wore the wedding ring, then she kills herself... why? Is it because of the final clause in Michael's will convinced her that he actually still loved her.... and by realizing this, she was satisfied and was willing to accept that he is now gone forever. Thus it was time for her to go too?

What do you guys think?