Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 火蝴蝶 (Fire butterfly) (airing:21-04-2008)

What really annoys me about ATV series is their inclusions of actors from other countries and then they have to dub their voice. This series lessen my enjoyment of the series. But, I agree that ATV's series storyline can be pretty good. I didn't watch this series though, so, cannot comment. But, ATV often made this kind of series where there's no total right or wrong.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Alzarius View Post
    The final question I have is: why did Rain choose that particular time in the final episode to take her life. I'm assuming that the very last scene when she meets up with Michael is because she is now dead too and that's how she can finally reunite with him (because he was actually really killed while trying to escape from his kidnappers). So why did she wait so many years with the hope that he might be still alive, but when the will was read and she shows that she still wore the wedding ring, then she kills herself... why? Is it because of the final clause in Michael's will convinced her that he actually still loved her.... and by realizing this, she was satisfied and was willing to accept that he is now gone forever. Thus it was time for her to go too?
    What do you guys think?
    I don't think she died. No one besides Faye & Gilbert (Rain & Michael's characters name in the drama) know about that house of their childhood. Remember how their employees in the electrical appliance company asked them where they went for their honeymoon but Faye refused to answer?

Also, right before the trial where Gilbert would be named officially dead by the courts, Faye thought she saw Gilbert in the reflection of her cell phone while she was taking a photo of the miniature house that resembled their childhood house. Earlier in the drama, not long after Faye & Gilbert meet each other again when Faye was still dating Chris, Faye had stood outside a similar storefront that had that miniature house on display; Gilbert came up behind her then.

When had Gilbert had that last bit of the will/codicil regarding Faye must have his ring on her body when the will was read for her to inherit everything added in? I know right after Gilbert comes out of his coma, he and Faye talked about what each should do if the other one passes away.

And in the final scene of the drama, we actually get a good look at Gilbert's left hand (the hand where his ring finger was cut off during the kidnapping) holding the yellow flowers. He is missing the ring finger. Was Gilbert actually killed while trying to escape? He rolled down the embankment and one of the kidnappers wanted to shoot, but the 2nd kidnapper stayed 1st kidnapper's hand and told him to hurry and get away. That's the last we saw of Gilbert, disappearing into the underbrush. His body wasn't found either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzarius View Post
    I just finished watching this.

I think it is fantastic. I'm usually a TVB person, and I haven't really watched an ATV series in so many years I can't even remember. But I have to admit that I enjoyed watching this way more than the recent TVB major productions, like Gem Of Life, Born Rich, and Drive Of Life. This show beats all of them; no contest.

The acting was a bit clunky at first, but I got used to it, and overlooked it because the story was so good, and there were some decent performances too. I think Ken Tsang did extremely well. Michael Tong was so-so (not terrible). His expressions sometimes weren't so great but I think overall he was worth watching. Rain Li was average too; she had some great moments but some poor ones too (she needs to cry a bit better).

What I really liked, however, was the story. It really is a thought-provoking one, and one which viewers can debate about who was right and wrong. The questions you can ask are plenty:
    1) At the beginning (1st episode), can Rain Li and her dad really blame Ken Tsang for not helping them out during the stock market crash? We all know that Ken Tsang never liked her family, but I don't think he should be obligated to help. Rain Li's dad was reckless with his finances, and he deserved to lose everything.
    2) Was Rain's motivation for revenge justified? Revenge for what? For not being accepted by Michael Tong's family at first? For Michael's younger brother (don't know his real name) being reckless and making Michael wrongfully accuse Rain of having an affair with his brother? For losing her child? etc....

I really enjoyed this show because of the many questions you can ask and debate, and we'll all have different answers most likely. It just seems a lot of the arguments really stemmed from one misunderstanding to the next, one mistrust to the next.

The final question I have is: why did Rain choose that particular time in the final episode to take her life. I'm assuming that the very last scene when she meets up with Michael is because she is now dead too and that's how she can finally reunite with him (because he was actually really killed while trying to escape from his kidnappers). So why did she wait so many years with the hope that he might be still alive, but when the will was read and she shows that she still wore the wedding ring, then she kills herself... why? Is it because of the final clause in Michael's will convinced her that he actually still loved her.... and by realizing this, she was satisfied and was willing to accept that he is now gone forever. Thus it was time for her to go too?

What do you guys think?
    I have to agree, nobody can predict what will happen and Rain's dad lost his fortune from the stock market but it seems like she blame Michaels family for their downfall. Kenneth Tsang is not obligated to help but I guess it would have been nice if he did. I thought it wasn't very nice if she still likes Michael but dates the younger brother.

I thought the series was pretty good, good to see a lot of former tvb actress especially Cherie Chan but would be nice to have atv staff like Pinky and Joey. =)