Thread: Need help with viewing pictures.

Default Need help with viewing pictures.

Hi guys!
    Ok, my friend just sent me 2 files of pictures and I can't open them!! I am so sad...They are RAR files and I don't have the program to view them. She told me to download the software to view them but I can't seem to get to the site. Can you guys help me? I AM frustrated and mad that I can't open them.... Thanks again you guys!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

well they are in compressed/archived form. like a .zip

you need WinRar or PowerArchiver to extract them first.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Hi,
    Thanks so much for your help! Do I need to download either of those software programs before I can view the pix? I have never had those files sent to me before.... Thanks again and let me try to download those to see if I can view those pix.. Ok I just tried to download the WinRar program/software and still can't view the pix! SOB... Why can't I view them?? Did I download the wrong version??? SOB.....
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-14-08 at 05:39 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Go to the Winrar website by clicking on the link in the post above, download Winrar trial version 3.71, install. After installing Winrar you right-mouse click on the *.rar files then choose one of the 'Extract' options.
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,
    I hope some day you will join us, and the world will be as one!

another way to view images inside compressed folders, use CDisplay.

Winrar is not an Image format, it is a compressed file format, just like winzip's .zip

Hi guys!
    Thanks for all of your help!! I am really grateful! I will try again to see if it works. I really hope that it does. I will come back and whine if it doesn't... hee...

Easy way to extract.
    After you install Winrar or Powerarchiver, just double click your .rar file/s...it will open in the program. Finally, just drag the content out into a folder/desktop or wherever you want to save it.(PowerArchiver is a shareware, not sure about WinRar trial)

If they are infact picture files inside, you should recognize the format and they should open with your usual viewer.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 04-14-08 at 10:00 PM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Hi guys! Thanks again for your help! So should I upload the files from the email onto my computer first?? I tried that last night and was playing around with it, but still couldn't open it... Let me try again later... sigh.. This really stinks...

lol. Girls are sooo cute.

1. Save/download the attachment somewhere onto your hard drive
    2. Install WinRar or PowerArchiver.(PowerArchiver is shareware and will continue to work after the trial period with the exception of a countdown clock in the beginning)
    3. Double click the .rar file that is saved on your hard drive
    4. Drag the content/s onto your desktop or where ever you want to save it
    5. Now you should be able to click the pictures and view

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Hi oGaKirA,
    You are so funny!! Thanks for your help and you can tell I am a girl that is bad with technology.... Thanks for your step by step instructions. LEt me try again later to see if I can finally finally view the pix... I really appreciate your help and patience!!

Otherwise, send him the pics and let him view it for you, ha ha . Don't worry, of course you'll be successful this time.
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

Quote Originally Posted by shen diao xia View Post
    Otherwise, send him the pics and let him view it for you, ha ha . Don't worry, of course you'll be successful this time.

Yeah she'll send him the pictures, he opens and screams "OMG Its a guy!!!" lol

No, I am a girl/female if you guys are wondering. I haven't tried again yet since I have other stuff to do, but will try again sometime soon since I want to see the pix!! They are pix of me and my friends at my cousin's wedding on April 12. I would be happy to share them if anyone wants to see them...

Thanks again for all of your help!!! If I still can't view them, I am going to scream.....

lol...if you're willing to share them, then just send to me and I'll extract them for you.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    lol...if you're willing to share them, then just send to me and I'll extract them for you.
    Be nice now, don't keep them all to yourself
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    No, I am a girl/female ....
    I know, you said it before, but I was just joking how you can trick him lol.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

LOL, just send it to me and I host them for you so that you can just open the website link and yadaaa, its all there, no need for winrar or unzip - (j/k)