Thread: Hong Lung 18 Palms vs. 7 Seung Fists for sheer kinetic power

Default Hong Lung 18 Palms vs. 7 Seung Fists for sheer kinetic power

Of the various martial arts that emphasize raw, destructive power, Hong Lung 18 Palms and the Hung Dung Sect's 7 Seung Fists probably leave the greatest impression.

Unfortunately, in none of Jin Yong's novels does a Hong Lung 18 Palms-user fight a 7 Seung Fists user.

If there were two combatants who had the exact same inner power levels (Greats-level), one adept at Hong Lung 18 Palms and the other, equally adept at 7Seung Fists, which one would be capable of doing greater damage to the opponent/target? Which of hte two skills delivers more kinetic power upon impact?

I've to go with XL18 palms. Even the Sweeper Monk appraised it as #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    I've to go with XL18 palms. Even the Sweeper Monk appraised it as #1.
    Of course, the Janitor Monk ate it from probably the greatest Hong Lung 18/28 Palms user ever. North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and Gwok Jing probably could not have inflicted similar damage to him.

Why not GJ? His mastery of HL18P was quite accomplished to say the least

In any case, HL18P for sure. This is because 7 Damages Fist doesn't emphasize force. It uses a subtle combination of the 7 different forces to inflict severe damage. The target it hits get smacked with an unfortunate combination of different types of "damages" such as (but not exactly since I'm paraphrasing) crushing, twisting, and slewing.

Yea i have to say XL18Z too. 7 Injury Fist can be strong but its not really Great level skill IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    7 Injury Fist can be strong but its not really Great level skill IMO.
    Any technique can produce Great-level damage if you have Great-level internal energy.

Example: Xiao Feng using Ancestor's Long Fist (or any elementary technique) can beat any DGSD-era Duan family member using Yiyang Finger.
    Last edited by PJ; 04-15-08 at 02:32 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Any technique can produce Great-level damage if you have Great-level internal energy.

Example: Xiao Feng using Ancestor's Long Fist (or any elementary technique) can beat any DGSD-era Duan family member using Yiyang Finger.
    I agree, but i was more referring to skill-wise. Eg Dugu 9 Jian is great level art IMO but it requires little internal. Internal wise, Xuzhu can pwn JMZ with his Lohan Fists. (not really, he was forced to use Tianshan Arts)

So when i made the comparison. I was thinking more like two ppl with the same internal(perhaps sub-Great) used 7 Injury and XL18Z.

It would be kind of interesting to see Guo Jing's XL18Z pitting against Zhang Wuji's 7 Injury Fists.
    ..ext88

I'll go the safe route and say XL18Z. In terms of brute force it was most likely the strongest.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    It would be kind of interesting to see Guo Jing's XL18Z pitting against Zhang Wuji's 7 Injury Fists.

Lol in this case i will quite confidently say GJ will win. Similar internal but XL18Z is a better overall skill.

Most likely Dragon Palms since it was described by JY as 'The most extreme Yang technique under heaven'.

But 7 Injury Fist has the advantage of strengthening your inner organs or something like that.