View Poll Results: Who would win?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guo Jing

5 25.00%
  • Xiao Feng

15 75.00%

Thread: Xiao Feng (under constraints) vs Guo Jing (under constraints)

Default Xiao Feng (under constraints) vs Guo Jing (under constraints)

Take away Xiao Feng's XL18Z, Dog-Beating Stick, Dragon-Capturing Hands, Demon-Subduing Fist, and LDA ------> pit him against Guo Jing without XL18Z, Left/Right Technique, and any technique from 9 Yin.

Basically, strip away all advanced techniques known to both guys. They can use basic stuff such as Ancestor's Long Fist, Southern Fist, Northern Legs, Mantis Boxing, etc. They can't intentionally use LDA or SOATTA.

Guo Jing can use archery skill if desired. However, the fight starts at 5 feet apart.

Who would win?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Do they have their internal energies at their respective peaks? Also, what age Guo Jing?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I don't see this going well for Gwok Jing.

Strip Kiu Fung of his best skills, and he's still one hell of a fighter.

Strip Gwok Jing of his best skills, and his capabilities go way, way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Do they have their internal energies at their respective peaks?
    Yes.

Also, what age Guo Jing?
    End of ROCH.

I, too, cannot see this going well for Guo Jing. The simple thing is this: While using Founder's Long Fist, Xiao Feng was able to not only easily fend off two Xuan-level monks, but repeatedly elicit wows and cheers from the hostile crowd which had come to kill him.

Can Guo Jing do that? My gut feeling is, 'No way'.

The only way I think he can win is if he somehow manages to get Xiao Feng into a grapple; Guo Jing has some Mongolian wrestling skills, but Xiao Feng has (AFAIK) none.

The only way I think he can win is if he somehow manages to get Xiao Feng into a grapple; Guo Jing has some Mongolian wrestling skills, but Xiao Feng has (AFAIK) none.
    Kiu Fung should be able to break a grappling hold. Just contending with Kiu thrashing around would be (literally) an armful for Gwok Jing.

Xiao Feng all the way! He probably has more internal energy than Guo Jing anyways, so it's no big deal he can't use any techniques. He can simply overwhelm GJ with his awesome energy.

One thing that should be noted is that Kiu Fung was not a technique-dependent fighter, whereas Gwok Jing was.

Kiu Fung was very much an instinctual fighter. He didn't really rely on any idea of set techniques. He just seemed to instinctively know what to do to win fights.

Gwok Jing, on the other hand, was very dependent on techniques. He mastered his techniques to a level few others could hope to match, but he needed those techniques to win. He couldn't rely on instinct alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Xiao Feng all the way! He probably has more internal energy than Guo Jing anyways, so it's no big deal he can't use any techniques. He can simply overwhelm GJ with his awesome energy.
    Actually, internal energy is the one area where they might be well matched. There's no real evidence that either had greater internal energy than the other.

This one will be decided on fighting instinct vs. mastery of technique, and since technique has already been removed from the equation...

Can Guo Jing do that? My gut feeling is, 'No way'.
    I can see Guo Jing pull that off.

What Xiao Feng wowed them with was the display of 刚中有柔,柔中有刚 (Perfect harmony of yin and yang). This is exactly what Guo Jing displayed in front of the Mongolian warriors. Even though Guo Jing displayed 刚中有柔,柔中有刚 using XL18Z, theoretically he should be able to do the same with any arbitrary technique.

I think XF would win handily but I wouldn't underestimate GJ's grappling skills. Young GJ in LOCH (pre-70%) was able to grapple OYF to a good degree.

Guo Jing would own with Mongolian wrestling. He was able to gain the upperhand against Ouyang Ke with it.

What happened to the Ju Xian Zhuang translation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Kiu Fung should be able to break a grappling hold. Just contending with Kiu thrashing around would be (literally) an armful for Gwok Jing.
    Don't understimate grappling. It is extremely effective, and GJ was able to use it to some degree on both OYF and OYK.

I don't think Guo Jing would be good without the big martial arts. I see GJ as being good because he practiced XL18Z, 9 Yin, etc. a ton, i.e. as a result of his training. When you take all of these arts away from him it mostly defeats the purpose of his training. A person like Xiao Feng has great innate talent and so even though he is better with XL18Z than Luohan Fist, he would still be able to express his martial arts talent through Luohan Fist.

Even though Guo Jing is good at Mongolian wrestling I would think that Xiao Feng could not be too bad at wrestling himself. Plus I thought that Mongolian wrestling was settled by putting your opponent on the ground, therefore even though GJ might have great skill in the clinch with throws and the like, he might not be as good at say holding a person down or chokes.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Don't understimate grappling. It is extremely effective, and GJ was able to use it to some degree on both OYF and OYK.
    Xiao Feng is always going to be a bit too big size and heavy for Guo Jing, so even if Guo Jing is able to grapple him, I don't he could even move Xiao Feng at all. It's like grappling a huge tree.
    ..ext88

I don't buy the argument that GJ would suffer that greatly if you took away his Elite techniques.

I mean, by the time GJ reached parity with the OYF, H7G in early ROCH, I would assume that to be able to reach such a height in martial arts, you HAVE to be talented enough and have the instinct to improvise. Otherwise, I can't see how one can reach such high skill in fighting ability.

Note that in ROCH, there was no narrator comment or otherwise that mentioned GJ as 'slow' , 'dumb' or anything else. He was portrayed as generally well versed and adaptable to all the fighting situations he found himself in.

Of course, I don't think GJ would beat XF with or without the techniques.

As for internal energies, if GJ had higher internal, then why would his Dragon Palm be described by JY as 'weaker/less strong'? You can't have power/strength coming out of nowhere just because your character is 'fiercer/more violent'.
    Last edited by CC; 03-29-10 at 10:10 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

The thing is, Xiao Feng always fought people who were not as good as him and when he did (MRF and YTZ) he was losing.

Guo Jing, OTOH, was able to snatch victory from defeat. He defeated a stronger OYK.
    Last edited by Dirt; 03-29-10 at 01:19 PM.