30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 year old Xiao Feng

11 36.67%
  • 16 year old Murong Bo

19 63.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Feng at age 16 -vs- Murong Bo at age 16

Default Xiao Feng at age 16 -vs- Murong Bo at age 16

Ok, we know that XIao Feng at age 30 is roughly equal to Murong Bo at age 60 or how-ever old he is in present-day DGSD. However, was Xiao Feng any better than Murong Bo at age 16?

We don't know of any feat performed by Xiao Feng at age 16; however, we do know that Murong Bo at age 15/16 was able to kill 24 year old Yellow Eyebrowed Monk in one stance.

Also keep in mind, up to that point Xiao Feng was just learning Shaolin techniques (most likely more internal-centric, which would later enable him to learn XL18Z). He hasn't learned XL18Z yet.

Furthermore, after age 16, Xiao Feng received martial arts instructions from Elder Xi of the Beggar's Union. This doesn't make 16 year old Xiao Feng look too hot, although it is true that an old-timer such as Elder Xi can still give some general pointers to a youngster who is much more powerful.

What I'm saying is, even though 30 year old Xiao Feng >> 30 year old Murong Bo, 14 years ago things could have looked different. Xiao Feng might have received a special boost at some point later due to one of his lucky encounters (it was said that he encountered many great lucks). It is possible for Murong Bo to have been better than Xiao Feng originally, but then Xiao Feng's rate of improvement sped up.
    Last edited by PJ; 04-15-08 at 04:30 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I think given the variety of Murong Arts, and they generally requires less internal than stuff like XL18Z. I'd say Murong Bo was better when they are 16.

Murong Bo at 16 was described to be insanely strong for his age, I doubt any Jin Yong main protagonists, let alone Xiao Feng is as good as him at 16 years of age.

This is the first time I've ever voted against Xiao Feng.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I hate to say this, but but... It's got to be Murong Bo . We can actually imagine how crazy Murong Bo's training as a child was. He knew Yellow Eyebrow Monk's skill, which was said to be a reclusive martial arts, so we can imagine how many different types of martial arts MRB learned in each of his childhood years.

Let's say he started learning martial arts at the age of six (which is very young), he would have to learn at least 10 different types of martial arts each year in order cover all the martial arts in Central Plains. . This could well be a possibility.
    ..ext88

has to be murong ba. I think it was during this time did he gain the rep to be equal with Xiafung (i got no idea how the english translation works). Not being able to read the novels i have to rely on the tv series. From what i see Murong ba totally does not deserve his title of being equal to xiafung.

Quote Originally Posted by asiatique2491 View Post
    has to be murong ba. I think it was during this time did he gain the rep to be equal with Xiafung (i got no idea how the english translation works). Not being able to read the novels i have to rely on the tv series. From what i see Murong ba totally does not deserve his title of being equal to xiafung.
    ?? you must have been mistaken with Murong Fu (the son) and Murong Bo (the father). And there's no murong ba(!)

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    I hate to say this, but but... It's got to be Murong Bo . We can actually imagine how crazy Murong Bo's training as a child was. He knew Yellow Eyebrow Monk's skill, which was said to be a reclusive martial arts, so we can imagine how many different types of martial arts MRB learned in each of his childhood years.

Let's say he started learning martial arts at the age of six (which is very young), he would have to learn at least 10 different types of martial arts each year in order cover all the martial arts in Central Plains. . This could well be a possibility.
    actually he used canhe zhi against YBM's virja zhi. YBM mistook the skills because they were a bit similar. but he was as good as a thirty yr old YBM at age 16.

XF should be of the same level, you don't need a stronger teacher to teach you, if your talent is greater then your teachers, eventually you will surpruss them. XF had instructions from the begger clan leader and a shaolin elder. he also had instructions from some begger elders. he had the talent to learn more skills and master them then those who taught him, and he had the intelligence to exceed them.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I have no damn idea for the 2nd edition.

For the 3rd edition, by the time XF left Shaolin at 16, he would have learnt the Demon Subduing Palm though.

I think a more interesting match would be

16 yr old TSTL vs 16 yr old XF or MRB.

At 16, TSTL would have already learnt 8 years of Ba Hwang Liu He Wei Wo Du Zhun Shen Tong.

Judging by the insane level of tremor that Murong Bo's name had evoked in other experts, I am inclined to estimate that he was the better fighter at age 16. Even though theoretically Xiao Feng should be better at that age, Murong Bo's descriptions are just too awesome.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Judging by the insane level of tremor that Murong Bo's name had evoked in other experts, I am inclined to estimate that he was the better fighter at age 16. Even though theoretically Xiao Feng should be better at that age, Murong Bo's descriptions are just too awesome.
    And yet, when MRB first encountered XYS, MRB was terrified by XYS's skill.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

We have no way of knowing how good a fighter Kiu Fung was at age 16. Among Jin Yong protagonist heroes, he's rare in the sense that Jin Yong showed little or nothing of his development process as a martial artist. Like most Gu Long heroes, Kiu Fung was a ready-made martial arts expert at the time of his very first appearance.

If he 1st train of martial art under Xuanku is at age 7 than 10 years later he join Kaypang so I think he is quite strong for "teenager" perhaps around Huodu or OYK..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    If he 1st train of martial art under Xuanku is at age 7 than 10 years later he join Kaypang so I think he is quite strong for "teenager" perhaps around Huodu or OYK..
    Using DGSD in-universe logic.

Sweeper said MRF did not have enough internal to study 72 arts. (presumably without bad effects)

XF studied one of the 72 arts (Demon Taming Palm) before he was 16.

So 12 or 15 year old XF had more internal energy than 30 yr MRF.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Using DGSD in-universe logic.

Sweeper said MRF did not have enough internal to study 72 arts. (presumably without bad effects)

XF studied one of the 72 arts (Demon Taming Palm) before he was 16.

So 12 or 15 year old XF had more internal energy than 30 yr MRF.
    JMZ internal was very high yet he need Xiao Wu Xian Gong from Xiaoyao Pai to make his 72 Shaolin skill "work" if Sweeper was true with his superior inner strength from his own school JMZ wouldn't need Xiao Wu Xian Gong or Yijin Jing anymore to learn 72 Shaolin skill..
    Back to the topic so 16-17 year XF ~ MRF wooow I quite starled

i dont know... but it is stated by sweeper monk that MRB and XYS dont use shaolin inner energy , they only learned the method of external force, which make their organ damage is not as high/fast as Jiumozhi who use XWXG

i think MRF was still young when MRB think his son didnt have enough inner energy, maybe adolescent age
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 08-07-19 at 03:34 AM.

Well it's look like Sweeper refer to "young" MRF not "present" MRF since the MRB affair with Shaolin and JMZ occur around 20 years ago/prior DGSD and for 27 year MRF his strength perhaps not far below MRB at the same age..

JMZ internal was very high yet he need Xiao Wu Xian Gong from Xiaoyao Pai to make his 72 Shaolin skill "work" if Sweeper was true with his superior inner strength from his own school JMZ wouldn't need Xiao Wu Xian Gong or Yijin Jing anymore to learn 72 Shaolin skill..
    Back to the topic so 16-17 year XF ~ MRF wooow I quite starled
    He used XWXG because he wanted all 72 forms and each form had its own internal cultivation (quite mind boggling really) so he did have the time to do 72 separate internal cultivations.

Now this brings up a paradox. If Sweeper says you cant use other inner energy form to power a 72 arts, that means you learn one of the 72 arts from scratch with its own inner energy cultivation. Then why would you need a minimum level of inner energy to learn one of the 72 arts?

Well it's look like Sweeper refer to "young" MRF not "present" MRF since the MRB affair with Shaolin and JMZ occur around 20 years ago/prior DGSD and for 27 year MRF his strength perhaps not far below MRB at the same age..
    I not sure about that since he was speaking with MRF in front of him. Was it stated explicitly in 3rd ed that he was talking about 20 years ago?

I do find it strange that MRF would not have enough inner energy too. After all, he was strong enough to do LDAs.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Now this brings up a paradox. If Sweeper says you cant use other inner energy form to power a 72 arts, that means you learn one of the 72 arts from scratch with its own inner energy cultivation. Then why would you need a minimum level of inner energy to learn one of the 72 arts?
    i believe people can use other inner energy to power 72 arts , if not, how can MRB and XYS learned some of 72 arts without shaolin inner energy?