Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Kiu Fung *had* to defeat Deun Yu, could he do it?

Default If Kiu Fung *had* to defeat Deun Yu, could he do it?

Kiu Fung himself once thought that he would not be able to defeat Deun Yu's 6 Mak Divine Swords. Indeed, it's true that Deun Yu's inner power was higher than Kiu Fung's, and 6 Mak Divine Swords was the one martial art that even Kiu Fung feared. Moreover, Deun Yu's Bak Ming Sun Gung and Ling Bor Mei Bo would make him like no other opponent Kiu Fung had ever faced.

That being said, Deun Yu was never really a fighter, whereas Kiu Fung was one of the most talented (if indeed not THE most talented) fighters of all time. If Kiu Fung really, really had to...say to save a life or even an entire COUNTRY, could he find a way to defeat Deun Yu?

If this is the Duan Yu which VS Murong Fu at Shaolin, then yes.

If this is the Duan Yu at the end of DGSD, and he truely wanted to fight, then no :O

DY didn't like to fight, but you can't say he's not a fighter. I guess you can say that it's in his blood since his whole dam family are fighters.

Yes, I think so. Kiu Fung is a true warrior. His superior battle sense, endurance and determination would help him prevail against DY. No one has ever landed a solid hit on DY but KF would be able to do so. Can DY continue to fight after being hit?
    I don't think so. The first time being hit is always the most painful and a well-pampered man child like DY won't be able to handle it. OTOH, KF would keep on battling even if DY lands a few 6MSJ on him.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    If this is the Duan Yu which VS Murong Fu at Shaolin, then yes.

If this is the Duan Yu at the end of DGSD, and he truely wanted to fight, then no :O
    According to JY, he has since decided that DY still has not mastered 6MSJ at the end of DGSD and he never will. The change has probably been made in the 3rd edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    According to JY, he has since decided that DY still has not mastered 6MSJ at the end of DGSD and he never will. The change has probably been made in the 3rd edition.
    I was more referring to the Duan Yu which charged the Liao Army. Even at this stage, i dun think Xiao Feng can *defeat* him. He showed much better control of his skills IMO, both at Liao Army and at Liao City, rescuing XF.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    Yes, I think so. Kiu Fung is a true warrior. His superior battle sense, endurance and determination would help him prevail against DY. No one has ever landed a solid hit on DY but KF would be able to do so. Can DY continue to fight after being hit?
    I don't think so. The first time being hit is always the most painful and a well-pampered man child like DY won't be able to handle it. OTOH, KF would keep on battling even if DY lands a few 6MSJ on him.
    Lol you think someone can be alive after taking a FEW 6MSJ? IMO i dun think Sweeper Monk can take 2-3 6MSJ from a serious Duan Yu and live to talk about it (in XF's XL18Z case).

Lol you think someone can be alive after taking a FEW 6MSJ? IMO i dun think Sweeper Monk can take 2-3 6MSJ from a serious Duan Yu and live to talk about it (in XF's XL18Z case).
    It depends on where the 6 Mak Divine Swords hit. If Deun Yu gets a vital organ or major artery, Kiu Fung will have some major problems, but how good was Deun Yu's aim? Kiu Fung will not be a stationary target. Even if Deun Yu lands a strike with the 6 Mak Divine Swords, he might not do enough damage quickly enough before Kiu Fung nails him with Hong Lung 18 Palms.

The flip side of the equation, of course, is whether or not Kiu Fung can tag Deun Yu considering the latter's Ling Bor Mei Bo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It depends on where the 6 Mak Divine Swords hit. If Deun Yu gets a vital organ or major artery, Kiu Fung will have some major problems, but how good was Deun Yu's aim? Kiu Fung will not be a stationary target. Even if Deun Yu lands a strike with the 6 Mak Divine Swords, he might not do enough damage quickly enough before Kiu Fung nails him with Hong Lung 18 Palms.

The flip side of the equation, of course, is whether or not Kiu Fung can tag Deun Yu considering the latter's Ling Bor Mei Bo.
    End of DGSD Duan Yu:

Yea but im considering that Duan Yu should be able to be on the move for longer than Xiao Feng as LBWB conserves energy (?) and moves better. Duan Yu should also have more internal than Xiao Feng, thus perhaps he can have more shots with 6MSJ etc. Generally i think Duan Yu has more of an edge.

End of DGSD Duan Yu:

Yea but im considering that Duan Yu should be able to be on the move for longer than Xiao Feng as LBWB conserves energy (?) and moves better. Duan Yu should also have more internal than Xiao Feng, thus perhaps he can have more shots with 6MSJ etc. Generally i think Duan Yu has more of an edge.
    Kiu Fung has a history of defeating opponents supposedly, theoretically better than himself, so I wouldn't rule out his pulling this one out. I think going in knowing that Deun Yu has better range, speed, and inner power (but not better fighting sense), Kiu Fung would attempt to exploit this weakness. I don't know how successful he'd be, but the tactic would keep Kiu in the fight for a while even if he does finally go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Kiu Fung has a history of defeating opponents supposedly, theoretically better than himself, so I wouldn't rule out his pulling this one out. I think going in knowing that Deun Yu has better range, speed, and inner power (but not better fighting sense), Kiu Fung would attempt to exploit this weakness. I don't know how successful he'd be, but the tactic would keep Kiu in the fight for a while even if he does finally go down.
    I think at the end of DGSD, Duan Yu and Xu Zhu proved themselves to be top Elite Class fighters of DGSD. Duan Yu, although poor in battle sense, makes its up with his intense speed and powerful attack. Even Xuzhu i would say, lacks a strong offensive Art (TianShan Arts may be strong, but IMO (individually) not in the league of 6MSJ, XL18Z etc)

XF's attacking style wastes too much internal and the chances of him hitting Duan Yu is also not quite high... So i would say he will fight, then deplete his internal, and get pwned with 6MSJ

Of course, all these if Duan Yu really wanted to fight. (say XF killed WYY)

Keep in mind also that DY has never shown the ability to close out fight. KF was the one who ended the Murong Fu fight for him.

Having just recently watched Gattaca again, I have new appreciation for the triumph of the human spirit over one's supposed physical limitations. For some reason, DY reminds me of the gifted little brother and KF the big brother who wasn't supposed to go as far.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

at the end of DGSD, DY and XuZhu had become serious palyer in the wulin world, they were good enough to replace the words "south murong, north xiao feng" with "south duan yu, north XuZhu". DYwas inexperienced but that had changed by the end. XuZhu had learned how to use his enormous chi reserves. XF would have had serious problems getting a win over his bros.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

In theory, Chapter 50 DY or XZ should be able to defeat or at least hold off XF.

But I doubt JY's plot device would allow it. I suspect he sneaked in that plot point of the double palm attack to throw off the 2 younger bros just to remind the readers at the book's end. I think most of the series' directors bought the point as well.

How can Duan Yu possibly be a formidable fighter? He NEVER learned a drop of martial arts, only absorbed them, which means he will suck major cock at fighting. He was LUCKY that he performed well in the last chapter. But the fact is, he NEVER learned martial arts. Maybe after 30 years, he can make up for his lack of technique prowess, but not during any time in DGSD.

And of course, Jin Yong did say that Duan Yu can't use 6MSJ properly.

Even Shi Potian, who actually *did* receive some martial arts instructions, was having trouble defeating people at 5% of his internal power. Duan Yu at the end of the novel would still have some difficulty taking out Qi Liu, Xu Chongxiao, Gao Shengtai, Cui Baiquan, Cave Leader An, and Shan Shushan.
    Last edited by PJ; 04-16-08 at 09:54 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

A rather easier way to gauge whether Xiao Feng have the capacity to defeat Duan Yu is to - install Duan Yu in place of Xiao Feng during the Juxian Manor massacre, and see how he would fare against the pletora of fighters.

I would say DY would either end up limps broken or became minced meat.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    How can Duan Yu possibly be a formidable fighter? He NEVER learned a drop of martial arts, only absorbed them, which means he will suck major cock at fighting. He was LUCKY that he performed well in the last chapter. But the fact is, he NEVER learned martial arts. Maybe after 30 years, he can make up for his lack of technique prowess, but not during any time in DGSD.

And of course, Jin Yong did say that Duan Yu can't use 6MSJ properly.

Even Shi Potian, who actually *did* receive some martial arts instructions, was having trouble defeating people at 5% of his internal power. Duan Yu at the end of the novel would still have some difficulty taking out Qi Liu, Xu Chongxiao, Gao Shengtai, Cui Baiquan, Cave Leader An, and Shan Shushan.
    He learnt LBWB, Beiming Shengong etc, which allowed him to absorb in the first place. He also learnt 6MSJ from the paintings and got pointers from monks to manage his internal. I dun think him not learning ANYTHING is quite a fair judgment.

IMO he defeated Murong Fu quite decisively, although with help. End of DGSD Duan Yu should defeat MRF as easily(or easier) but without the help. Him being able to charge in the Liao Army like that, and reach the Emperor at the same time as Xuzhu (although he had LBWB) should suggest something about his control over his skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    A rather easier way to gauge whether Xiao Feng have the capacity to defeat Duan Yu is to - install Duan Yu in place of Xiao Feng during the Juxian Manor massacre, and see how he would fare against the pletora of fighters.

I would say DY would either end up limps broken or became minced meat.
    If you speak of End of DGSD Duan Yu, i think the Juxian Manor will have more bodies than what Xiao Feng left. And again of course, assuming DY wanted to kill them all (say they killed WYY).

If he really had to, I think Xiao Feng could win against just about anyone (save the people that totally and obviously outclass him) because he's just better at fighting. He can exploit the inexperience of Duan Yu like he did with You TanZhi and get a win.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

He learnt LBWB, Beiming Shengong etc, which allowed him to absorb in the first place. He also learnt 6MSJ from the paintings and got pointers from monks to manage his internal. I dun think him not learning ANYTHING is quite a fair judgment.
    OK, I'll give you Lingbo Weibu. He did seem to fully master that. But that's it.

What I meant was, he acquired a host of techniques and massive internal energy, but he never learned the proper way to utilize them. That's why he will suck massive cock in the art of fighting.

IMO he defeated Murong Fu quite decisively
    That was when Duan Yu got LUCKY. Most other times when he wanted to use 6MSJ, he failed. And he did NOT get any better with his ability to utilize 6MSJ as the novel ended.

End of DGSD Duan Yu should defeat MRF as easily(or easier) but without the help.
    WHy? He hadn't gotten any more martial arts instruction that would make him stronger yet.

Him being able to charge in the Liao Army like that, and reach the Emperor at the same time as Xuzhu (although he had LBWB) should suggest something about his control over his skill.
    It was mostly because of Lingbo Weibu, which allows him to traverse a populated place with ease. But notice he didn't actually defeat any soldier. He just ran.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」