Thread: Were Gei Hiu Fu and Chow Chi Yerk ever in the Ngor Mei Sect at the same time?

Default Were Gei Hiu Fu and Chow Chi Yerk ever in the Ngor Mei Sect at the same time?

Despite their difference in age (15-20 years?), Gei Hiu Fu and Chow Chi Yerk belonged to the same (fourth) generation of Ngor Mei Sect disciples. Both shared quite a few things in common: Gei and Chow each was, for a time, Mit Jeut See Tai's chosen successor to become the fourth leader of the Ngor Mei Sect. Both also fell for men from the hated Ming Cult.

But did the two martial sisters ever really meet each other or train at Ngor Mei Sect at the same time? By the time Chow Chi Yerk arrived at Mt. Ngor Mei, the incident between Gei Hiu Fu and Yeung Siu had already occurred a number of years earlier, but I'm not sure if Gei's predicament had been discovered by Mit Jeut See Tai yet. Was there ever a time when Gei Hiu Fu and Chow Chi Yerk were at Ngor Mei Sect together, or was Gei effectively gone by the time Chow joined?

Gei was already killed by Mijie when Chow join Ngor Mei and that's why Mijie likes her so much and hope she can surpass her previous favorite student Gei.

I think there's a gap in what we know of Emei between Ji Xiaofu's appearance at Wudang and her later appearance at Butterfly valley, but judging from Yang Buhui's age, Ji Xiaofu might have gone missing just before Zhou Zhiruo's arrival.

After the Zhang Cuishan - Yin Susu incident, Zhang Wuji spent some time (a few months?) at Wudang, having internal energy passed into him by Zhang Sanfeng and his five active disciples, and learning some rudimentary Wudang 9 yang. When it became clear that this was doing no more than delaying the effects of the Xuanming poison, and even that was failing, Z3F took him to Shaolin to beg for an exchange of Wudang 9 yang with Shaolin 9 yang, hoping to perhaps reconstruct the complete 9 yang from their fragments and Emei's. When that was denied, they went elsewhere, but encountered the boat where Zhou Zhiruo and Chang Yuchun were. After some discussion, Chang Yuchun took ZWJ to Hu Qingniu, while Z3F took ZZR to Wudang. ZWJ had spent around a couple of years at Butterfly valley when Ji Xiaofu turned up with Yang Buhui.

I make it around 3-4 years between Ji Xiaofu's appearance at Wudang and her appearance at Butterfly valley. Judging from Yang Buhui's ability to walk and talk reasonably well, I'd say she's not much less than 3 years old. ZZR would have reached Emei around 2 years before this last point.

So I'd say their paths didn't cross. IIRC there may have been a passage saying that Ji Xiaofu met Yang Xiao on her way back from Wudang, which would make this even clearer.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ZWJ lived at wudang for two yrs taking instruction from ZSF in 9yang gong. they went to shaolin when ZWJ was 12yrs old, (he came to wudang at age 10) but were turned away, tthen they met zhuo zhiruo who followed ZSF to wudang but because it was inconvient to raise a girl, he sent her to e-mei. ZWJ followed his sword brother Chang YuChun to butterfly valley. he stayed there for two yrs till he was 14yrs old. he saw Ji Xiaofu on the way there but did not talk to her. Ji Xiaofu left to go into seclusion then, she already had a child. ZZR and she did not meet since JXF did not meet any e-mei people till two yrs later at butterfly valley. ZZR was not there and JXF died there.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    I make it around 3-4 years between Ji Xiaofu's appearance at Wudang and her appearance at Butterfly valley. Judging from Yang Buhui's ability to walk and talk reasonably well, I'd say she's not much less than 3 years old.
    Chapter 12: When she (Ji Xiaofu) last saw Zhang Wuji on Mount Wudang, he was not even ten years old. Almost five years had passed since then, and the little boy had grown into a teenager. ... Her daughter (Yang Buhui) grabbed her arm at once, but what could a eight- or nine-year-old child do to stop the fall of an adult?
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

They were students of MJ at the same time, but I doubt they ever met.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Default Zhou Zhiruo & Ji Xiaofu

These two favourites of Abbess Miejue never met, due to Ji Xiaofu being forced to flee for fear of having her secret being revealed.

But what if JX had been able to keep her secret for a few more years and spent sometime with Zhou Zhiruo?

A lot of ZZR's actions, especially her later misdeeds were strongly influenced by her upbringing by Miejue. Would a few years in the care of the kindly and loving JX make ZZR a better person?

Would seeing how much JX was willing to sacrifice for the man she loved make ZZR less possessive over Zhang Wuji?

Would this kinder, less scary ZZR make ZWJ love her more?