View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four 《少年四大名捕》

they need to put ella koon, niki chow or bernice in here i dont mind charmaine, shirley or yoyo mung either

Quote Originally Posted by marinafalls View Post
    You forgot one series. Triumph of the Skies Ron was serious but his interaction and seriousness with his brother was very good.
    ron is boring... very. hes too "cool" in most of his role, no charisma at all

and ray is in just about every wuxia series in tvb starting from 2001... always that long hair and gold bang grrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by LuNaR; 05-15-07 at 10:57 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    Charmaine Li is adorable. She looks younger than her age....
    If you like here are some pics from The White Flame:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n314/marinafalls/charmainewfcollage.jpg')

Any actress of reasonable age who can pass for being opposite Sammul Chan definitely has a younger than average look. Sammul, like Leila Tong, have what many people call "a baby face" that keeps them looking quite a bit younger than their age. Which is good because that allows for them to have a longer career, i.e. if that is what they want.

isn't the above screencaps of charmaine sheh not charmaine li?
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    ron is boring... very. hes too "cool" in most of his role, no charisma at all and ray is in just about every wuxia series in tvb starting from 2001... always that long hair and gold bang grrrrrrrrrr
    Ah but have you seen Twin of Brothers? Raymond with Li Qian was very very good. I like Ron. In the Academy and Guts of Man when his character is not fighting Sammul's character the two are very funny. Anyways my opinion.

The last role Price of Greed Sammul's performance was incredible. As an American I loved it.

damnit so ray and ron are confirmed?
    u again?? it's been so nice not having u around threads has to do with raymond, why again??? i don't mind u give out ur opinion about the series, but watch ur word........i guess jealousy is ur specialty!! Like i said, i'm always around so i suggest u consider others and not bringing ur hatred every where u go.

Ah but have you seen Twin of Brothers? Raymond with Li Qian was very very good. I like Ron. In the Academy and Guts of Man when his character is not fighting Sammul's character the two are very funny. Anyways my opinion.

The last role Price of Greed Sammul's performance was incredible. As an American I loved it.
    i agree, sammul did very good in price of greed. i use to hate sammul before that.

btw guts of man is probably the worst series ever made... the 1 w/ mandy cho, ron and sammul right?

li qian and ray both did well in TOB. i use to like ray too until i met his fans. now im neutral w/ ray. im not saying ray is bad, but he's in so much ancient series... they gotta get a new face.

and for ron.. i'll stick w/ my previous argument, he doesnt have much charisma, sorta like joe ma

Quote Originally Posted by kfung View Post
    u again?? it's been so nice not having u around threads has to do with raymond, why again??? i don't mind u give out ur opinion about the series, but watch ur word........i guess jealousy is ur specialty!! Like i said, i'm always around so i suggest u consider others and not bringing ur hatred every where u go.
    ok im sorry, i wont post about raymond anymore ok? stop the spamming now
    Last edited by LuNaR; 05-15-07 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Yeah, those are Charmaine Sheh's pic, not Charmaine Li's.

and ray is in just about every wuxia series in tvb starting from 2001
    That is so true.

The wuxia series he has been in:
    Crimson Sabre
    A Step Into The Past
    Lofty Water Verdant Bow
    Blade Heart
    Twin of Brothers
    Lethal Weapon of Love and Passion
    Face to Fate

The only post 2001 wuxia series he was not in were 'Strike At Heart' and 'Vigilante Vagabond Vigilante' (he sang the themesong though )
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Crimson Sabre $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://spcnet.tv/forums/images/smilies/laugh2.gif'). U count the man in black appeared in 5s into, tat's funnieeeeee.

Shake my head. I rmb some wuxia series from 2001 without Fung. Let me refesh my mind....Hmm, the one wit Annie Man, Frankie Lam. Ah! My master is Wong Fei Hung! Nah Nah Nah! Bosco is the main leading.

Agree wit Lunar, Guts of man is a bad series.

I wonder who mainland actors will appear in this series.

About Kenneth, some of his fan say that he will have a modern series after his curently series. So maybe Kenneth won't be in this series. Lolz, pity. If he was here, Tit Sau is for him.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by raymeox View Post
    Crimson Sabre $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://spcnet.tv/forums/images/smilies/laugh2.gif'). U count the man in black appeared in 5s into, tat's funnieeeeee.

Shake my head. I rmb some wuxia series from 2001 without Fung. Let me refesh my mind....Hmm, the one wit Annie Man, Frankie Lam. Ah! My master is Wong Fei Hung! Nah Nah Nah! Bosco is the main leading.

Agree wit Lunar, Guts of man is a bad series.

I wonder who mainland actors will appear in this series.

About Kenneth, some of his fan say that he will have a modern series after his curently series. So maybe Kenneth won't be in this series. Lolz, pity. If he was here, Tit Sau is for him.
    wong fei hung is not a wuxia series

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    Oh my. I'm sorry. I thought you were talking about Charmaine S. I didn't read the entire to and froms .

btw guts of man is probably the worst series ever made... the 1 w/ mandy cho, ron and sammul right?
    There are series that are far worst than Guts of Man. Vigilante in the Mask is one: that had Sammul but the premise and story for this one just wasn't good and not up to TVB's average standards.

Prior to Price of Greed I honestly liked Sammul in Survivor's Law -- Vincent was a very interesting character not simple in the least. I also liked Bernice Liu's character and acting much much more than Ling Ling (played by Myolie Wu). I felt Ling Ling was more of an average type character--nothing particularly different. However Myolie's later acting (2 years later) in When Rules Turn Loose absolutely shines: perfect.

I really liked Sammul in The Academy. For The Academy you have to appreciate the quiet personality and being one myself I'd say I had a definite understanding and appreciation of this character. However being American, american's like "the quiet man" so from a cultural point of view Sammul's character would be much more acceptable here in America than it seems in HK where from what I read by bloggers the character most liked tends to be someone whose personality is good and actually perfect: no mistakes. For some reason bloggers here generally do not accept a person that is flawed whereas American's admire as much as the good person: the flawed person that becomes a good person over time -- what we call growing.

I really liked Sammul in The Academy. For The Academy you have to appreciate the quiet personality and being one myself I'd say I had a definite understanding and appreciation of this character. However being American, american's like "the quiet man" so from a cultural point of view Sammul's character would be much more acceptable here in America than it seems in HK where from what I read by bloggers the character most liked tends to be someone whose personality is good and actually perfect: no mistakes. For some reason bloggers here generally do not accept a person that is flawed whereas American's admire as much as the good person: the flawed person that becomes a good person over time -- what we call growing.
    Wai Pak Kiu (Sammul in TA) is one of my all time favourite tv characters. From comments in several forums (asianfanatics, baidu, spcnet) during the airing of TA, I believe that Wai Pak Kiu ware actually more well-liked than Chung Lap Man (Sammul).

I don't think HK audience or bloggers here prefer perfect characters more compared to American audience. If that is the case, Nick Cheung wouldn't have shot to fame for playing a villain and Shirley Yeung wouldn't have gained more fans after playing a villainess.

Btw, all characters in The Academy have flaws, including the main lead. If u said 'American's admire as much as the good person: the flawed person that becomes a good person over time ', then u have loved Chung Lap Man more than Wai Pak Kiu since Chung Lap Man has more flaws than Wai Pak Kiu to began with. Chung Lap Man was super annoying, unreasonable and immature. But he learned and grew to become a better person at the end of the series.

There are series that are far worst than Guts of Man. Vigilante in the Mask is one: that had Sammul but the premise and story for this one just wasn't good and not up to TVB's average standards.

Prior to Price of Greed I honestly liked Sammul in Survivor's Law -- Vincent was a very interesting character not simple in the least. I also liked Bernice Liu's character and acting much much more than Ling Ling (played by Myolie Wu). I felt Ling Ling was more of an average type character--nothing particularly different. However Myolie's later acting (2 years later) in When Rules Turn Loose absolutely shines: perfect.

i agree w/ u about sammul's personality and stuff but honestly, he does not fit to be a police officer. the guy is so boney and probably never lifted weight before. its stupid to put him to be a police officer.

i agree w/ u about sammul's personality and stuff but honestly, he does not fit to be a police officer. the guy is so boney and probably never lifted weight before. its stupid to put him to be a police officer.
    Sammul used to be a life-guard. I think u need to be pretty healty and strong to qualify as a life-guard, don't u?

Not buff and muscular doesn't mean weak. Some people just have thin frame and high metabolism. These people are hard to gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Sammul used to be a life-guard. I think u need to be pretty healty and strong to qualify as a life-guard, don't u?

Not buff and muscular doesn't mean weak. Some people just have thin frame and high metabolism. These people are hard to gain weight.
    u need to be healthy, but not strong. u just need to know how to swim good. he definitely does not look strong at all to me. it was so obvious too, in the academy, when sammul was competing with ron... ron looked so much more stronger than sammul. btw is sammul = samuel?

u need to be healthy, but not strong. u just need to know how to swim good.
    You also need strength to pull the struggling drowning person from the water, don't u?

Are u are gym buff who admires arnold Schwarzenegger?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    You also need strength to pull the struggling drowning person from the water, don't u?

Are u are gym buff who admires arnold Schwarzenegger?
    no i dont admire any guys but sammul looks like one of those people that are very weak, especially how hes so white and stuff. there are reason why ppl think he is gay *note* im not saying he is gay

Liking villains? OK. But just from what I've seen (you obviously see other sites than what I see) there are more HK bloggers that like heroes than villains. But that's just what I see.

R/e Chun Lap Man: OK I agree his immaturity in The Academy esp. in the beginning was hard to accept. A lot of this also had to do with the fact that Ron Ng looks more man than boy. I think one has to really look as young as Fiona Sit to get away with that kind of immaturity and still be beleivable.

Yet when Chun Lap Man matured near the end his character was, at least to me, admirable and it was great to see him together with Wai Pah Ku again.

Thin people as Policemen? Sammul looks thin in his clothes but when he had to walk around in his speedo (Fiona was not allowed to dress in a bikini per her record contract) he had um muscles in all the right places (that is thing that gays like about him. Some of the asian gay sites have pics of Sammul muscular and firm like that from The Academy.

Anyways getting back to the main point here where I come from policemen are not all stereotypically muscular guys of at least medium weight. We definitely have ones as thin as Wai Pah Ku looks in his uniform.

I take Yoga and the instructors are very thin and very small and yes one would "think" weak esp. because they're women. Dont' be fooled. They're bodies are almost "ALL" muscle. You mess with a Yoga instructor and you're dead. Once one of them bumped into my trainer (a guy who is former football player and stereotypical the perfect muscular guy body) and he said man that really hurt. Ha ha. She did that on purpose because she was flirting with him. Sammul is also very muscular like a Yoga instructor and without a lot of clothes as cover he actually looks very good.

The pic on the lower left is from That Shadow 2001 and even back then looking at the leg he's got lots of muscle. I am told by people in the know that a line down one's chest and stomach is an indication of very good muscle tone. He's also got those lines down his legs which people who weight train also desire. In the upper left from Maiden's Vow 2006 he's obviously go a well build chest and biceps (upper arm muscles).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n314/marinafalls/misc%20thumbs/sammulmusccollage.jpg')

================================================== ==================
    Lunar, you know what? I remember that scene you're thinking of from The Academy. Oh my gosh Sammul did look
    too thin. Much thinner than when he did the swimming shoots with Fiona where he actually looked almost normal. I don't know what happened to him. I do know that shooting is not necessarily done chronologically. I also know that Sammul got into a bad car accident during the making of The Academy. His neck needed a brace and he had cracked ribs some which the doctors say could not be operated on and so left as is. Yet Sammul was a real trouper. He came to work with the brace and took it off for the filming scences. He did the same for when he was promoting the Olympics -- he was MC for that event as well. He use to be a DJ so he's got that radio voice.
    Last edited by marinafalls; 05-17-07 at 03:54 PM.

Poor Tit Sau. No votes for him. Actually, he's not bad. I've read more of the novel liao, and Tit Sau is a pretty clever fighter too.

And I never thought the straight as an arrow and uber cool Lang Huet can provide a comic moment in the novel. I never thought he would carry a packet of pig blood with him to fool his enemies, making his enemies thought one of them has injured him.

Sehseh told me that Ray has confirmed to has fans that be will play Mou Ching.