View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 53 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Four 《少年四大名捕》

Default The Four 《少年四大名捕》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9210/138ah2.jpg')

The adaptation revolves narrates the story of the constables in their youth, and aptly titled Four Young Constables 《少年四大名捕》.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9540/542constableus6.jpg')

Tentative airing: September 22, 2008 (8:30pm)
    Episodes: 24 only

Official site:
    http://drama.tvb.com/thefour/

Full Themevideo
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%C1%D6%B7%E5/...b94221c6e32f8/

Sales presentation clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlaynkM0dGU

Teaser clips:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=808

Cast:
    Raymond Lam as Mou Qing
    Ron Ng as Lang Huet
    Sammul Chan as Zhui Ming
    Kenneth Ma as Tit Sau
    Dominic Lam Ka Wah as Master Chu Kot
    Kate Tsui as Song Zhi Yan
    Selena Li as Lam Yeurk Fei
    Cilla Kung as Ling Siu Dou
    Vivi Li as Tit Yao Dong
    Halina Tam
    Crystal Tin
    Lau Kong as Choi Ging
    Savio Tsang
    Gordon Liu
    Felix Lok
    Joel Chan
    Tseung Chi Kwong
    Suet Nei
    Gordon Liu

Producer: Lam Chi Wah

Pairings:
    Ray & Kate
    Ron & Cilla
    Sammul & Vivi
    Kenneth & Selena

Themesong: Storm 《风暴》(Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, Sammul Chan)

Official synopsis added August 29, 2008:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Title: The Four
    Producer: Lam Chi Wah
    Script: Lee Kei Wah, Yip Sai Hong

Cast: Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Kenneth Ma, Sammul Chan, Dominic Lam, Kate Tsui, Selina Li, Joel Chan

Synopsis:
    Cold, witty and intelligent, Wu Qing (Emotionless Cripple by Raymond Lam) was crippled since young age. Fortunately Marquis Chu Kot (Dominic Lam) fostered and taught him the knowledge of secret weapons. Chu Kot received merits when he successfully retrieved an important relic of Song dynasty and hence re-established the Divine Constable Department. First he recruits his disciple Wu Qing, then the cunning conman Zhui Ming (Life Chaser by Sammul Chan), the honest and kind Tit Sau (Iron Hand by Kenneth Ma) and the aloof yet agile Lang Huet (Cold Blooded by Ron Ng). They were formally given the title of The Four Great Constable.

Under Chu Kot’s leadership, the Divine Constable department managed to solve a lot of cases. After going through obstacles and hardships, Mou Qing slowly learns to let go of his arrogance and how to get along with others. He even started to have feelings for physician Sung Zhi Yan (Kate Tsui). However, Zhi Yan took this opportunity to break up the team. She purposely deepened the misunderstanding between Mou Qing and Tit Sau. In addition, Chu Kot found himself entrapped dangerous position while attempting to reveal the rebellion plot of Wong Chiu Cheong (Savio Tsang) and Choi Ging (Lau Kong) resulting the department and the four constables on the verge of destruction…

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.on.cc/channels/ent/20070802/img/se05080227_big.jpg')

Synopsis:
    Bold and heroic, this series will become a wuxia classic on Jade channel. Using the political decline of Northern Song dynasty as the background, this is the story of the Four Great Constable upholding justice while punishing the wicked. With the addition of impressive fighting choreography, it will be an exciting visual experience for audiences.

Toward the end of Northern Song dynasty, the outlaws are amok and citizens lived in a difficult state. Master Chu Kot (Dominic Lam) who was assigned to the justice department hopes to re-establish the law and order in the country. However, evil minister Choi Ging (Lau Kong) is in power and repressed Master Chu Kot for many years, unable to carry out his ideals. Afterward Master Chu Kot solved a serial killing case and manage to impress Emperor Qinzong who consent him in taking charge of the justice department. Under Master Chu Kot diligent effort, the justice department gathered a lot of talents. Among them Lang Huet (Ron Ng as Cold Blooded), Tit Sau (Kenneth Ma as Iron Hand), Zhui Ming (Sammul Chan as Life Snatcher) and Mou Qing (Raymond Lam as Emotionless Cripple) combined as the Four Great Constable. They are strict and impartial, seeking justice on behalf of the citizens and even discovered the secret plot of evil minister Choi Ging planning to usurp the throne! The huge responsibility of the country now falls on The Four Great Constable.

http://idlemindsehseh.blogspot.com/2...8-booklet.html

Some basic information on the novel and it's author, Wen Rui An (Cantonese: Wan Shui Onn):

Four of China's supremely skilled assassin/detectives serve only their Master Zhuge Zhen-Wo - The Little Flower, who in turn is head bodyguard and advisor for China's all-powerful Emperor. Yet the Constables' reputation strongly precedes them.

Wu Chen - The Emotionless Cripple is a master of weapons and devices.

Tie Sho - The Iron Hand possesses incredible chi and can stop the sharpest blades with his bare hands.

Zhue-Min - The Life Snatcher is highly skilled in light-foot granting him undaunted legwork and kicks.

Lastly Len Hsueh - The Cold Blooded was raised by wolves and has since learned to convert his pain into strength - enabling him to defeat opponents much stronger than himself.

Each of them is entrusted by the Emperor with the power to arrest and execute any corrupt officials or lawless criminals within the Chinese Empire.

From http://www.drmasterbooks.com/200511.html (Based on the comic version)

Wen Ruian (Chinese: 溫瑞安) is a Chinese writer of wuxia novels. He was born in a Cantonese family in Malaysia in 1954 and once studied in National Taiwan University.

Ever since he wrote the famous "The Four Detective Guards" at the age of nineteen, Wen Ruian has been wandering around society and even went to jail. As a result of his strong work ethic, he has about four hundred books, totaling 40 million characters.

Wen Ruian's later works were extremely violent. However, his early works such as the "Divine Astonishing Hero" series gave readers a patriotic and uplifting enthusiasm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wen_Ruian

Character description (translated from the novel)

Mou Qing (Age 22)

Losing both his legs in childhood, he trained hard in martial arts that don’t require legwork, turning his weakness into merit. Weak physique disallowed his to practice martial art, therefore concentrated in the art of secret weapon, creating ingenious devices. He is the number one secret weapon martial artist in jianghu.

Meticulous mind, ruthless, but innermost feelings are not heartless, but instead the easiest to move.

Tit Sau (Age 30)

Amiable, chatterbox, and very modest. He has strong internal energy, numerous changes in fighting stances, his fist skills are incomparable to any palm martial arts. He is temperate and kindhearted, broadminded, and extremely quick witted. He came to fame after defeating “九现神龙” within 10 stance.

Zhui Ming (Age 30+)

The oldest among the four constable. Playful, enjoys roaming jianghu, generous. Often puts on worn out shoes and torn clothes, holding a wine bottle in one hand. However, his wines are one of his secret weapon techniques. He has superb legwork, his pursuing skills are incomparable.

Lang Huet (Age 20-21?)

Lang Huet is the youngest. He has the highest sword skills. He often have most injuries, but always able to defeat his opponent. This is because he dared to go all out, enduring and doesn’t retreat. Good at grasping opportunity. With such pre-condition factors, why wouldn’t he win?

sehseh
    Last edited by sehseh; 09-23-08 at 02:29 AM.

Default Info

Some info credit to Kidd:

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    According to the novel, here is how they rank.

Seniority:

Wu Qing (1st bro)
    Tie Shou
    Zhui Ming
    Leng Xue (4th bro)

Zhui Ming (oldest)
    Tie Shou
    Wu Qing
    Leng Xue (youngest)
    Last edited by sehseh; 05-08-07 at 09:24 PM.

I've given up on TVB being faithful in adapting this novel. But it's still interesting to see who they will cast as the 4 Constables.

I'm most interested in the casting of Wu Qing and Zhui Ming since they are my favourite constables.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Since the series is still in speculation, feel free to cast your prefered actor as the 4 Constables

I would like Ray to be Mou Qing, but that character is the 2nd youngest... quite difficult if the series are really to promote newbies - they're much younger than Ray.

I'd like to see Fred Cheng in here as Lang Huet
    Last edited by sehseh; 05-08-07 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Some info credit to Kidd:

More info credit to Lucygong from Raymond Forest:

铁手:男,28岁。诸葛神候二徒弟。捕快出身,杀人不眨眼,冷酷无情,标准的杀手。性格坚韧,耐力强,执着 ,是非分明,中义气,一诺千金。内力深厚,铁拳无敌。平日使
    一手软鞭,鞭法出神入化。平日系于腰间,不到必要,不轻易出手。

追命:男,28岁。诸葛神候三徒弟。轻功强,脚法无双。个性大而化之,吊儿郎当,玩世不恭。好酒贪杯,但是 喝的越多越神勇。

无情:男,23岁。诸葛神候大徒弟。幼年遭奸人灭门,双腿被废,晕死过去,因此逃过一劫。后为诸葛神候收养 ,并教导武术。最擅长的是暗器,平日靠坐轮椅行动,他的轮椅也暗藏各种暗器。为人深谋远虑,机 智过人。

冷血:男,22岁。诸葛神候四徒弟。弃婴,从小抱着仇恨的心长大。练武的目的就是报仇。个性冲动,愤世嫉俗 ,极为偏激,行事极端。使的一把好剑,天下无敌。性高气傲,谁都不服,只佩服铁手。

Will translate.. dunno how accurate the age is though.
    Strange. The age stated here is different from that stated in 'Si Da Ming Bu Hui Jing Shi - Hui Jing Shi'. Here's the excerpts from the novel.

无情二十二岁,自幼失去双腿,于是苦练一种不以腿发劲的轻功,化弱点为优点,唯因
    体弱不能练武,故潜心练暗器,以巧劲发射,是江湖上第一暗器名家,欧玉蝶遇着他,简直
    是等于送死。他心思缜密,出手狠辣,但内心非但不是无情,而且极易动情。
      有关他的故事,我已玉手。

铁手三十岁,为人和蔼,言笑不拘,十分谦虚一内功浑厚,招式变化极多,一双手所下
    的功夫,是任何掌法名家所不及的。此人温和仁厚,胸怀旷达,又十分机智,曾以十招内败
    九现神龙戚少商而名动天下。
      有关他的故事,请见毒手一文。

追命的年纪是四大名捕中最长的,为人最为嬉谑,游戏江湖,不拘小节。时常穿破鞋烂
    衫,手中有酒便可,但他酒却练成一种以酒作暗器的方法。他腿功极好,追踪术又是无人能
    出其右,尤以击毙无敌公子与石幽明二役而名动天下。
      这些事迹见拙著血手等文。

冷血年纪最轻,剑术却最高,他受伤最多,但往往最终仍把敌人击败,因为他敢于拼
    命,坚忍不拔,更善把握时机,这几样获胜的先决条件,他都有了,怎能不胜?
      有关他的故事,请参阅拙作凶手等篇。
    Did Wen Rui change the age of the characters in his new edition? (Note: Wen has corrected some historical in accuracies in newer editions of his novels)

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    I'd like to see Fred Cheng in here as Lang Huet
    Haha. Such coincidence. I was also thinking of Fred Cheng as a suitable cast for Lang Huet yesterday.

My first thought for Mou Ching is Feng Shao Feng.

I can only see Ron as Tit Sau (he looks too 'old' to play Lang Huet). His build looks more suitable for stable, high internal energy Tit Shou than the tricky Zhui Ming.

Do u notice that Zhui Ming and Mou Ching's fighting style depends more on tricks and strategy while Tit Sau and Lang Huet's fight style depends more on straight-on, direct attack?

Haha. Such coincidence. I was also thinking of Fred Cheng as a suitable cast for Lang Huet yesterday.

My first thought for Mou Ching is Feng Shao Feng.

I can only see Ron as Tit Sau (he looks too 'old' to play Lang Huet). His build looks more suitable for stable, high internal energy Tit Shou than the tricky Zhui Ming.

Do u notice that Zhui Ming and Mou Ching's fighting style depends more on tricks and strategy while Tit Sau and Lang Huet's fight style depends more on straight-on, direct attack?
    Hmm... Feng Shao Feng is too tanned to be Mou Qing (IMO). I would prefer someone fairer and refined looking as MQ.

Yeah, Ron is suitable as Tit Sau but TVB can scr*w us by casting him as Lang Huet! Lol...

As in our preference in MQ and ZM, let's say... we choose brain over brawn any given day
    Last edited by sehseh; 05-08-07 at 12:13 AM.

I wonder if they will invite Joe Man to reprise the role of Mr Chu Kot again.

Well, Feng Shao Feng has untan himself.

He was pretty fair in 'The Conquest'.

I still can't think of anyone suitable to play Zhui Ming.

Finally, a thread of the four constables
    well, like u said sehseh, if this show is to promote TVB newbies, then ray n ron will have to take either tit sau n zhui ming rite?

btw, is mou qing d main lead?

btw, anyone knows which newbies will b speculated
    honestly, when i 1st hear bout this, unknowing its to promote TVB newbies, i kinda hope that the cast would b
    ray, ron, sammul n bosco/ chris lai

never saw all 4 of them in 1 show b4
    'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference' - Reinhold Niebuhr

Quote Originally Posted by sagiescorp85 View Post
    btw, is mou qing d main lead?
    Logically, all 4 constables should be of equal status since the story is called '4 Great Constables'. In the novel '4 Great Constable Go to the Capital City', Wei Rui An dedicated 1 book to 1 constable and has them solve a case together in book 5.

But in a series, we really can't tell. In the past, different 4GC adapations focus on different constable. In the Wallace Chung version, Tit Sau is the main lead. In the Nicky Wu version, Mou Ching is the main lead. I guess who ever Raymond Lam plays in the series will be the lead, since Raymond Lam is like 'brother #1' amount the younger generation.

OIC
    yeah, i thk it shud b like dat2
    had a strong feeling ray will b d 1st lead n ron d 2nd
    juz like in TOB
    but v never know....TVB is kinda unpredictable sumtimes
    who noes they mite even gip d leading roles to the newbies

then i dun thk i saw the 'four great constables' b4
    tot i did since its also about four constables.........
    but there isn't wallace chung nor nicky wu

hope it wud turn out great
    dis is ray's 1st ancient wu xia movies since he turned skinny
    i have alwiz wanted to c how he wud look like wif his new outlook in those ancient costumes n long hairs
    its kinda like a dream cum true for me
    'God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference' - Reinhold Niebuhr

then i dun thk i saw the 'four great constables' b4
    tot i did since its also about four constables.........
    but there isn't wallace chung nor nicky wu
    You might still have seen a '4 Great Constable' series . Nicky's and Wallace's version are just 2 of them. There are still the Peter Ho version and an old ATV version starring Ng Wai Kwok. There might be even more versions out there I don't know of.

I didn't comment on the other 2 becuase I don't know much about them.

Logically, all 4 constables should be of equal status since the story is called '4 Great Constables'. In the novel '4 Great Constable Go to the Capital City', Wei Rui An dedicated 1 book to 1 constable and has them solve a case together in book 5.

But in a series, we really can't tell. In the past, different 4GC adapations focus on different constable. In the Wallace Chung version, Tit Sau is the main lead. In the Nicky Wu version, Mou Ching is the main lead. I guess who ever Raymond Lam plays in the series will be the lead, since Raymond Lam is like 'brother #1' amount the younger generation.

Which one did nicky wu play, i forgot, he was my fav char, it was either leng xue or wu qing... hmmm... well i voted leng xue only cause i think that was nicky wus character, correct me if i am wrong!

hmmmmmmmmm,even if i saw it i oso dun noe cuz i din follow thru the show

which is y im kinda blurr towards these four characters
    but from wat u guyz described, it seems like zhui ming's character is kinda minor compared to the rest n its not as interesting s well
    zhui ming is the eldest rite?
    so he is dai si heng
    hmmmmmmmmm, got a feeling ray will end up getting this character

but it seems to me mou qing's character is kinda interesting

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie View Post
    Which one did nicky wu play, i forgot, he was my fav char, it was either leng xue or wu qing... hmmm... well i voted leng xue only cause i think that was nicky wus character, correct me if i am wrong!
    You voted wrongly liao.

Nicky played Wu Qing. Leng Xue was played by Ren Quan.

Btw, was Nicky's character crippled in the series? The pictures in the boxset show that he wasn't. But in the synopsis, it said his character was Wu Qing. A search in google also confirms that he played Wu Qing.

hmmmmmmmmm,even if i saw it i oso dun noe cuz i din follow thru the show

which is y im kinda blurr towards these four characters
    but from wat u guyz described, it seems like zhui ming's character is kinda minor compared to the rest n its not as interesting s well
    zhui ming is the eldest rite?
    so he is dai si heng
    hmmmmmmmmm, got a feeling ray will end up getting this character

but it seems to me mou qing's character is kinda interesting
    Well, Peter Ho played Zhui Ming in the 'Young 4 Constables'. So, Zhui Ming can't be that minor. Furthermore, in the Wallace version, Zhui Ming (played by Wallace) has more screentime and storyline than Mou Ching and Tit Sau. Btw, in Wallace version, Zhui Ming also has the role of comic relief.

My mom said Zhui Ming is the naughty one in 'Young 4 Constables'. Hmm. It seems like adaptations like to potray Zhui Ming as the naughty and mischievious constable.

Zhui Ming is oldest in age, but 3rd in seniority. Mr Chu Got ranked his students accoding to the order they became his student, not age. Mou Ching is practically his adopted son. So, Mou Ching is the 'dai si heng'.

Zhui Ming's character is no less interesting than the other 3 constables. Wait until sehseh translate her chinese article. Then u can read the personality description of Zhui Ming and see whether he's uninteresting or not.

Hmm. I can't really see Ray as Zhui Ming because Ray has a youthful look. But I would be happy if he is casted as Zhui Ming. His acting skill will do Zhui Ming's justice.

Note to sehseh: Can u translate my article as well?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-08-07 at 04:12 AM.

OOoh, i checked n yea, i saw The four Constables before but i din follow it through so i basicaly dun know d storyline at all
    nevermind, can know when TVB's version came out soon

d scene i remembered the most is about this guy they call him 'ta si xiong' so i guess he is zhui ming
    this gal like him but he keep rejecting her
    n then his 'si di' likes her
    so im guessing its lang huet
    izzit true?

but fom the source i read, they say dis guy (whom i guess is zhui ming) sits in a wheelchair........then he will b mou zhing ade

m i confusing myself?
    okok, nevermind.....we'll c when d show airs

post deleted.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-08-07 at 04:28 AM.

Well, Peter Ho played Zhui Ming in the 'Young 4 Constables'. So, Zhui Ming can't be that minor. Furthermore, in the Wallace version, Zhui Ming (played by Wallace) has more screentime and storyline than Mou Ching and Tit Sau. Btw, in Wallace version, Zhui Ming also has the role of comic relief.

My mom said Zhui Ming is the naughty one in 'Young 4 Constables'. Hmm. It seems like adaptations like to potray Zhui Ming as the naughty and mischievious constable.

Zhui Ming is oldest in age, but 3rd in seniority. Mr Chu Got ranked his students accoding to the order they became his student, not age. Mou Ching is practically his adopted son. So, Mou Ching is the 'dai si heng'.

Zhui Ming's character is no less interesting than the other 3 constables. Wait until sehseh translate her chinese article. Then u can read the personality description of Zhui Ming and see whether he's uninteresting or not.

Hmm. I can't really see Ray as Zhui Ming because Ray has a youthful look. But I would be happy if he is casted as Zhui Ming. His acting skill will do Zhui Ming's justice.

Note to sehseh: Can u translate my article as well?

Hey, thx a lot for the info
    now im not dat blur
    ya, i thk i shud wait for sehseh's translation too
    dat way i dun hap to bother u guys wif foolish questions
    thx again kidd

For the last time, Zhui Ming is NOT 'da shi xiong' or 'dai si heng' or 'big brother'. He ranked number 3.

'dai si heng'/'da shi xiong'/'big brother' is Mou Ching.

Seniority
    Big brother : Mou Ching (crippled guy in wheelchair, 2nd youngest constable)
    2nd brother: Tit Sau
    3rd brother: Zhui Ming (oldest constable)
    4th brother: Lang Heut

I feel like I've just been talking to thin air. Wasted all my time writing the explaination on the ranking of the constables. Sehseh even quoted the 'seniority' and 'age' order I posted in the Drive forum. But, it's still Zhui Ming = 'dai si heng' because he's oldest.
    im so sorry
    act i juz saw ur post after i posted dat post
    my com is a lil lag here so i spend a long time in d reply thread juz now
    i reli din mean to aggravate u
    im so sorry