Thread: List of Force Fields in JY storys.

Default List of Force Fields in JY storys.

OK, can we make a list of 'force fields' in JY's stories? I can only think of the 2 obvious ones from DGSD but I seem to recall some of the other stories having some incidents where a martial artist projects some sort of field from his body. I might be wrong. Anyone?

#1 Sweeper Monk. Force field repelled Murong Fu's full power attack. Narrator did not indicate if effort was needed on Sweeper's part.

#2 Xu Zhu repelled a hail of poison droplets from Ding Chun Qiu. Again, narrator did not mention if concious effort was needed.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Regarding Xu Zhu's "auto protect", I find it interesting that Xuzhu had to consciously circulate his Beiming qi before fighting with JMZ.
    Last edited by flamer; 10-09-08 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Regarding Xu Zhu's "auto protect", I find it interesting that Xuzhu had to consciously circulate his Beiming qi before fighting with JMZ.
    He didn't have to; he had so much that it would have protected him in any case.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    He didn't have to; he had so much that it would have protected him in any case.

Perhaps. But he did circulate his energy to protect his body. So thats one thing suggesting that his protection may not be as awesome.

If I was about to fight Jiumozhi I'd circulate my energy too. Do you think if Zhang Wuji fought with Jiumozhi he wouldn't circulate his energy first as well?
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    If I was about to fight Jiumozhi I'd circulate my energy too. Do you think if Zhang Wuji fought with Jiumozhi he wouldn't circulate his energy first as well?
    Yeah, exactly.

When fighting against elite opponents, that's usually the wise thing to do.

XZ and Sweeps show 'force fields' because they have so much more internal than anyone else that they could afford to such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post

But there was no mention that ZWJ circulated his internal before fighting... or to think of it, was that mentioned for any other Greats? Surely they do it when fighting for attacks etc but to circulate for the purpose of protecting their body?

I'm not doubting XZ's pwnwtf internal. I'm just pointing out that his ability to take on JMZ's blows may be attributed to him consciously circulating his internal energy for the purpose of protection.

I thought the Qian Kun Bag broke all of ZWJ's seals and his energy was always circulating freely?

Ok this is the exact passage.

但他此刻身上既具逍遥派三大高手深厚内力,复得童姥尽心点拨,而灵鹫宫地下
    石窖中数月面壁揣摩,更是得益良多,双掌一拜下,身上僧衣便即微微鼓起,真气流转,护
    住了全身。
    Maybe... his internal circulated when he was readying to fight. Still this will be different to what he did to Zhuo Bufan as he wasn't readying to fight then yet had some sort of protection.

As atoms are mostly empty, any physical contact is actually contact between electric force fields. Therefore, the novels are filled with force fields

Do you guys consider the last fight between ZWJ and the three Du monks as force field in their internal duel, where ZZR with low internal unable to enter the ring and reduced to jumping around the boundary?

What about HYS and YG internal match up that flip around the Mongol merceneries?

How do we categorize force field and internal match?

Some force fields are implied rather than explicit. For example, Gwok Jing at the beginning and Yeung Gor at the end of ROCH were able to shrug off direct hits by Fok Do and Ying Goo, respectively, harmlessly and effortlessly. Neither Fok Do nor Ying Goo were pushovers, so for Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor to have so casually resisted their attacks means they had more than just well-built flesh and bone working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Some force fields are implied rather than explicit. For example, Gwok Jing at the beginning and Yeung Gor at the end of ROCH were able to shrug off direct hits by Fok Do and Ying Goo, respectively, harmlessly and effortlessly. Neither Fok Do nor Ying Goo were pushovers, so for Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor to have so casually resisted their attacks means they had more than just well-built flesh and bone working for them.

Those are just instances of internal energy. I think force fields extend beyond the body. More like Sweeper Monk. Yang Guo did not stop the palm before they managed to make contact with his body, and by then, he could've got his internal working against that palm.