Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Diving

Default Sky Diving

I went sky diving for the first time on Saturday and it was the most surreal feeling ever.

It wasn't like floating on clouds or anything but it was the spontaneous adventure that you always wanted to do but was too chicken to do it. I pretty much twisted and turned at every opportunity I got. Seeing a sky filled with parachutes was the best feeling ever.

I'm probably going to do this again ... anyone else sky dived before? Share your experience ...

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

This is on my 'to do' list. I haven't jumped out of a plane yet, but I have flew a plane in the left seat before. Got over my fear of height pretty quick...

How much does it cost? And how long is the session?

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    This is on my 'to do' list. I haven't jumped out of a plane yet, but I have flew a plane in the left seat before. Got over my fear of height pretty quick...

How much does it cost? And how long is the session?
    I paid about 189 for just the pure adventure but if you want a video + pictures, you had to pay an additional 109. I didn't since I thought it was a big scam! Lol.

The session - hmm ... flying to 14000 feet took about 10 - 15 minutes. Dropping from the sky, lasted about 5 - 7 minutes. It was truly amazing.

What else is on your list of "to do" list? I want to enhance my list as well.

Oo I wanna do that.

I did the mock one at an amusement park and it was amazing. But almost got my a.ss kicked by my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Oo I wanna do that.

I did the mock one at an amusement park and it was amazing. But almost got my a.ss kicked by my parents.
    what's a mock sky dive?

Your parents kicked ur butt for doing a mock??? hahah. i'm smart, i didn't tell my parents about it.

after the sky dive, i wanna do more stuff ... more adventurous, more daring, more extreme but i'm still a chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    I paid about 189 for just the pure adventure but if you want a video + pictures, you had to pay an additional 109. I didn't since I thought it was a big scam! Lol.
    $200 is not too bad. I want to do it, but I just don't want to go by myself.

What else is on your list of "to do" list? I want to enhance my list as well.
    Places to See:

Africa
    China
    Mongolia
    Egypt

Thing to do:

Complete aviation training
    Skinny dipping
    Paragliding/Sky diving
    Cross-country road trip
    Learn to salsa dance
    Shower underneath a waterfall in the middle of nowhere
    Ride on a camel
    Scuba diving
    Run a marathon
    Take three months off and back-packing all over Europe
    Volunteer more for charity works

A couple of years ago, this list was longer, but I have accomplished a lot since then. There are many more fun things on my list, but they are not appropriate for stranger's ears.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    what's a mock sky dive?

Your parents kicked ur butt for doing a mock??? hahah. i'm smart, i didn't tell my parents about it.

after the sky dive, i wanna do more stuff ... more adventurous, more daring, more extreme but i'm still a chicken!
    Mock...like you're not completely in the air, but it's one of those things in amusement parks where you're holstered WAYYY up and let go (kinda like sky diving, but you're not in the sky). Like it's not a roller coaster, because your legs/arms are dangling in the air.

I think I felt like bragging I survived it, so I told them =P

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Oo I wanna do that.

hahaha...i know what you mean. my parents would have a heart attack if they know i want to jump out of a plane.

I am more of a chicken than pandamao and also afraid of heights, so I won't be doing it, even for free!!!

I'll rely on my brain power to imagine the wonderful feeling!

Hey, I did not even dare to bungy jump. Sometime back in NZ, bungy jumping is offered free if you do it in the nude!
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

Places to See:

Africa
    China
    Mongolia
    Egypt

Thing to do:

Skinny dipping
    Paragliding/Sky diving
    Cross-country road trip
    Learn to salsa dance
    Ride on a camel
    Scuba diving
    Run a marathon

A couple of years ago, this list was longer, but I have accomplished a lot since then. There are many more fun things on my list, but they are not appropriate for stranger's ears.
    sounds like a good list.

Places to visit: Dubai, South Africa (already went to China and it was great!!!)

Love your things to do list .... if only i had a companion to do it with ... boo

Quote Originally Posted by shen diao xia View Post
    I am more of a chicken than pandamao and also afraid of heights, so I won't be doing it, even for free!!!

I'll rely on my brain power to imagine the wonderful feeling!

Hey, I did not even dare to bungy jump. Sometime back in NZ, bungy jumping is offered free if you do it in the nude!
    you don't understand - I WAS SO SCARED MYSELF! but in the end, it was all worth it.

don't even think about doing baby steps, just do it.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-141.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v64/63/56/13735141/n13735141_35123994_7482.jpg')
    Last edited by PJ; 04-22-08 at 10:49 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I always wanted to go skydiving for the longest time. But none of my friends wanted to do it. I don't wanna do it alone, I need someone to be there with me for moral support Was it a tandem or solo jump?
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Places to See:

Africa
    China
    Mongolia
    Egypt

Thing to do:

Skinny dipping
    Paragliding/Sky diving
    Cross-country road trip
    Learn to salsa dance
    Ride on a camel
    Scuba diving
    Run a marathon

Wow! You are one adventurous young lady, Bella. I still want to do marathon if I can afford the time (time for training to keep the stamina for marathon). A full marathon, that is. Complete aviation training and 3 months backpacking all over Europe are on my list too!

Skydiving for me? That is definitely a Yes! I like that flying experience.

Wow, PJ, thank you for sharing the photo. I'm thinking, the guy at the back is you?
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-141.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v64/63/56/13735141/n13735141_35123994_7482.jpg')
    dude, i thought that was my pic for a second. i had the same exact pose!!! hahha

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    I always wanted to go skydiving for the longest time. But none of my friends wanted to do it. I don't wanna do it alone, I need someone to be there with me for moral support Was it a tandem or solo jump?
    you can't do solo jumping until one tandem experience, but most companies require at least 2 + additional solo training.

Places to See:

Africa
    China
    Mongolia
    Egypt

Thing to do:

Skinny dipping
    Paragliding/Sky diving
    Cross-country road trip
    Learn to salsa dance
    Ride on a camel
    Scuba diving
    Run a marathon

lol, that's pretty much my to-do list except marathon, and change 3 months backpacking to half a year or a year world traveling

I'm going skydiving tomorrow! Can't wait... I've always wanted to do it and finally found others who are willing to jump with me.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Went skydiving 3 years ago. $200 isnt bad, when I jumped it cost me $300, plus $150 for pictures/movie.

The best exhilarating moment was actually when you crouch on the exit pad of the plane, 15000 feet above ground... thinking what the @#% am I doing... before getting pushed off your feet.

For ~30 seconds that seem forever you actually free falls, until the chute opens (or at least it better does ). Then you spend the next 10-15 mins gliding over, seeing the ground from a totally brand new view.

I highly recommend this do it as early as you can cause people tend to chicken out when they already have a family/settled down....

my parachute didn't deploy, y'all think I'll get my money back?