Thread: PCWorld $30,000 Dream Machine

Default PCWorld $30,000 Dream Machine

So did anyone living in US and Canada enter to win? The deadline was 31st March 2008 which passed already, if only I could enter but unfortunately I am in Switzerland.

I've seen the stuff they are putting into that machine, 2 nVidia 9800 cards, each with 2 GPUs each meaning 4 Graphics Processors on that machine.

Well if someone has the time, can you post the complete specs for that machine, If I ever win the lottery such as the Euro Millions I will build something as powerful as that.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post
    So did anyone living in US and Canada enter to win? The deadline was 31st March 2008 which passed already, if only I could enter but unfortunately I am in Switzerland.

I've seen the stuff they are putting into that machine, 2 nVidia 9800 cards, each with 2 GPUs each meaning 4 Graphics Processors on that machine.

Well if someone has the time, can you post the complete specs for that machine, If I ever win the lottery such as the Euro Millions I will build something as powerful as that.
    $30,000 dream machine....lol...the only dream machine for me is a car....

Uhm...so what are we discussing again?

As far as I know, no one person in here is rich enough to spend 30k on a computer. The economy is sucking balls right now, and everything else is expensive enough for us to worry about.

Ok this is what I am talking about:

From near the end of January this year to the end of March, PCworld.com held a lottery where anyone living in the US and Canada can sign up and submit their application once. The winner would get a computer worth $30,000 for free, assembled by PCworld.

Roughly the desktop would have 3 LCD monitors each about 20" I think, would have 2 64bit multi core processors, 2 nVidia 9800 graphics cards, 16gig solid state drive for loading the OS and 4 SATA hdds in a raid array.

Solid state drive. Nice.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.