Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Bride for a Ride 《王老虎抢亲》

Default A Bride for a Ride 《王老虎抢亲》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.astro.com.my/uploads/aod/ProgrammeHighlight/041730_A%20Bride%20for%20A%20Ride.bmp')

Genre: Costume, comedy, romance
    Episode: 21
    Producer: Poon Kar Tak
    Filming: June 2008
    Air: July 13, 2009

Cast:
    Sammul Chan as Chow Man Bun
    Louisa So as Mo Sam Leung
    Chin Kar Lok as Tiger Wong
    Nancy Wu as Wang Sau Ying
    Mimi Chu as Nanny
    Gigi Wong as Madam Wong
    Lee Kwok Lun as Chuk Ji San
    Rain Lau as Mdm Chuk

The storyline will be loosely based on a folktale, which also been made into a movie in the 60's, if I got it right.

Title: 《王老虎抢亲》Tiger Wong snatches the bride (direct translation)

Foolhardy TIGER WONG (Chin Kar Lok) is annoyed with his mother LAU BING TAI (Gigi Wong) for consistently pressuring him to get married. He therefore snatches CHOW MAN BUN (Sammul Chan) who is in female disguise to be his bride and arranges for BUN to stay at his younger sister WONG SAU YING (Nancy Wu)'s chamber for the night. After this, TIGER has no choice but to marry YING to BUN while setting up strict rules to torture BUN in the house. Clever BUN makes use of the chivalrous woman MO SAM LEUNG (So Yuk Wa, Louisa) to control TIGER and misleads LEUNG that TIGER is her long lost rescuer. Using tricks to upset TIGER, he makes TIGER marry LEUNG. Since then, LEUNG tries every means to domesticate her husband and that almost drives him insane. BUN is relieved to escape from TIGER's manipulation but he carelessly causes lots of troubles elsewhere. "A Bride for A Ride" brings you a modern perspective of this traditional tale and you'll surely be surprised with its astonishing approach.

Credit to http://www.astro.com.my/premiumchann...gram.asp?id=68

click to show/hide spoilers
    I did some quick translation of the synopsis:

Poor scholar Chow Man Bun proposed marriage to rich young mistress Wong Sau Ying but was rejected by her mother Madam Wong. Wong Sau Ying have an elder brother Wong Tin Pao, with the nickname 'Tiger Wong'. He got a bad reputation as bully and abducts beautiful women. On new year eve, Chow Man Bun and his friend Chuk Zhi San made a bet that if Bun dressed as a lady to the Lantern Festival, no one will recognize him. As the result, the 'lady' end up being abducted by Tiger Wong. Kidnapped against his will, of course Bun was not willing to 'marry' Tiger. Therefore Tiger kept Bun in his sister's room - creating an opportunity for Bun and Sau Ying instead. The next day, Chuk Zhi San went to Wong manor to look for Bun, and Madam Wong have no choice but to allow her daughter to marry Bun.

Quick note: Chow Man Bun was acted by Marco Ngai in The Legendary 4 Aces (thanks Kidd for informing me). Though I hardly see Marco as a beautiful looking youth, haha.
    Last edited by sehseh; 07-06-09 at 06:21 AM.

Yes, I remember Marco Ngai playing Chow Man Bun in Legendary 4 Aces and wasn't Chuk Zhi San played by Bobby Au Yeung or Gordon Lam?

For some reason after reading this synopsis of the plot, I have this deja vu feeling that I've seen a promotional trailer clip a long time ago or months ago? Maybe TVB rehash it?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    For some reason after reading this synopsis of the plot, I have this deja vu feeling that I've seen a promotional trailer clip a long time ago or months ago? Maybe TVB rehash it?
    As far as I could remember 3-4 years back, TVB doesn't have this series or similar storyline under their sales presentation clips.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    As far as I could remember 3-4 years back, TVB doesn't have this series or similar storyline under their sales presentation clips.
    That's strange, I remember seeing a promotional clip of a guy dressed up as a girl during the night which might've been the lantern festival; and it was somewhat of a comedy.

So you don't know who else will be in this series?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

So Sammul is going to get first lead? Kidd is going to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    So you don't know who else will be in this series?
    Not yet, to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    So Sammul is going to get first lead? Kidd is going to be happy.
    She knows . Btw, she likes Sammul but not a rabid fan lah... don't go quoting her on every post about Sammul.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    She knows . Btw, she likes Sammul but not a rabid fan lah... don't go quoting her on every post about Sammul.
    :nods head: Sehseh is right.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Sammul informed fans that Louisa So and Chin Kar Lok will be taking part in this series.

And yes, there will be scenes of him dressing as a girl

Hmm. Could Chin Kar Lok be playing Tiger Wong?

Haha, the title sounds like Tiger Wong and the 'wife' are the main characters.
    Last edited by kidd; 04-27-08 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Hmm. Could Chin Kar Lok be playing Tiger Wong?

Haha, the title sound like Tiger Wong and the 'wife' are the main characters.
    Yeah, fans speculated Chin Kar Lok will be playing Tiger Wong.

To be confirmed:

Producer: Poon Kar Tak
    Actor: Bobby Au

Note: Louisa mentioned to fans that she will be filming a costume series with Bobby on June, she could be referring to this series. We will just have to wait for verification.

Default Sammul Chan Has Birthday Party With Fans

Sammul Chan (陳鍵鋒) will be celebrating his birthday next month, but his fans took advantage of a break in filming for his new series The Academy III <學警風雲> to hold an early birthday party for him yesterday.

Sharing his latest news with his fans, Sammul revealed that he will be filming for Academy until June, after which he may start filming for Wong Lo Fu Snatches A Wife <王老虎搶親>. Asked what the other cast members will be for the new series, he said he would leave this for the official announcement.

Sammul also revealed that he will shortly have a new personal blog and website for fans to keep up with his latest updates. His new official website will be revealed on 25 May.

The fans presented Sammul with a birthday cake and he spent some time playing games with them. He then insisted on opening all his presents and reading out his cards, causing a lot of screaming from rather embarrassed fans.

Fans had travelled to take part in the party from as far afield as Australia, Sichuan, Hangzhou and Beijing.

Credit to Batgwa.com
    http://batgwa.com/story.php?id=832

Cast update:

Bobby Au will not be joining this series.
    Chin Kar Lok confirmed to be Tiger Wong.
    Nancy Wu joining the cast.

Nancy Wu confirmed as Wong Sau Ying.

p.s. Unconfirmed news - there might be Steps 2

Great. Nancy Wu starts getting big roles again. I'm so happy for her. She deserves it.

Just found out that Sammul's and Wayne's birthday falls on the same day.

Default Nancy's character synopsis

Character: Wong Sau Ying

Daughter of a rich family, a very beautiful girl doted on by the family. Sentimental, wishy washy, fragile, low self confidence and doesn't have own opinion. Accomplished in qin, chess, drawing and poetry; talented in scholar studies.

Her father died when she is young, and she grew up under the care of mother and elder brother (Chin Ka Lok). Living a protected life, her world is limited to Wong mansion. She hope to marry a dashing scholar.

Due to a rumour that the emperor is drafting concubines, Tiger Wong hurriedly arranged for her marriage to a scholar that she have never met. During the wedding ceremony, Tiger Wong found out that the rumor is false and quickly stops the wedding as he despised scholars.

Though Sau Ying didn't get married to the scholar, she was attracted to his handsome looks.

When she found that he is the famous scholar Chow Man Bun that she have always admired, she couldn't forget him.

Due to a misunderstanding, Sau Ying become suspicious of Chow Bun's capabilities and thought that he is a playboy.

Man Bun tried to explain to Sau Ying, but he was kidnapped by Tiger Wong when he dressed himself as a girl. Hilarity ensues...

What an interesting series!! The producer also always make high ratings series

Sammul is the main lead wow and finally Nancy gets the female lead! She's been around for so long only now TVB recognizes her

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/56/p88af81cre0.png')

The costume tryout is scheduled today.

Default Small pics

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tungstar.com/thumb.do?photoId=1414238')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tungstar.com/thumb.do?photoId=1414237')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tungstar.com/thumb.do?photoId=1414230')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tungstar.com/thumb.do?photoId=1414228')

Lol... Chin Ka Lok's image is inspired by Mo Chung....