Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Taiwanese Series Are You Watching?

I'm currently watching Pi Li MIT.. starring Fan Fan, Arron Yan, Gui Gui, Xiao Gui & Lu Ting Wei...

They have just started airing in Taiwan, once a week... The show looks promising, with interesting story lines... different from the usual Taiwan idol dramas...

Since Rolling Loves finished sometimes ago, couldn't find any taiwan series that make me feel interested to watch. And i don't have a mood to rewatched some of them.

suumtimes ago i tried to watch Pi Li MIT. I enjoyed the 1st eps so decided to follow this one every week.

Currently watching "Wish to see you again".

This would be my 3rd Taiwanese drama. I find the drama quite enjoyable, interesting and less painful since it's not a typical stretchy type of drama, at least compared to the two other Taiwanese dramas I've seen.

Just Finished : Devil Beside you / Love Contract

Currently Watching : Fate to Love You / Love or Bread / and BullFighting

I'm currently watching 'I Do' (幸福的抉擇), a series by TVBS.

Pretty good. Doesn't feel like the other Taiwanese idol drama I have watched like 'Rolling Love', 'TKA', 'KO One' etc. It feels more every day and down to earth. Maybe it's the filming style. There are no dream sequences or outrageous scenes (or exclamation marks, flying crows etc).
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by bless168 View Post
    I have just finished watching "Romantic Princess" and I enjoyed it ....... It would have been better if I had watched it continiously but, due to work load I just have to watch it during my free time - took me about a week to finish. Anyway, I recommend this to those who have not seen this drama yet.
    Me too! I loved this series...I was in another forum and they compared this one to My Lucky Star, so I watched that too...and I liked RP better...I hate the kind of drama they had in MLS...for Tian Qi to be mad at Ah Xing for 5 years...and all those evil people...RP was cute and sweet, and funny...I just can't get that scene of Wu Chun in that tight yellow blouse out of my head. They had really good chemistry, and it was a cute love story.

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I'm currently watching Pi Li MIT.. starring Fan Fan, Arron Yan, Gui Gui, Xiao Gui & Lu Ting Wei...

They have just started airing in Taiwan, once a week... The show looks promising, with interesting story lines... different from the usual Taiwan idol dramas...
    I only decided to watch this cuz of Yalun...and I ended up loving it from the very first episode. I love that it was very fast paced, and the mysteries were so interesting that I couldn't wait to see what happened...so I was hooked...and grew to love Zhi Shan De and Li Xiao Xing...Yalun is usually so cute and adorable, but I like his role as 007...it's so hard to wait impatiently for the next episodes...especially since I want 007 and Tian Mo Xing together. Gui Gui is too cute...and I desperately wanna see Yalun in that Panda suit.
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

I'm currently still trying to finish They Kiss Again. It's pretty long for me and the over an hour episodes definitely make it harder. But i'm on episode 15 or something so i'm getting there. It's just been too many breaks in between episodes though.

I also recently started watching Romantic Princess. I hope it doesn't take me too long to get through this series. If only the length of the episodes were more on the 45 minute side like J-dramas.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Default English Subtitles

I am having a VERY hard time finding Taiwan Drama (TV series) in DVD form with English Subtitles.

ALL are in Chinese subtitles, which is useless to me.

A lot of DVDs from China don't have the English Subtitles.

Can someone help? I'm finding this pretty irritating since 80% of those who don't know Chinese rely on English to get through the language barrier. It worked with Japanese Drama as well as K-drama.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrew View Post
    I am having a VERY hard time finding Taiwan Drama (TV series) in DVD form with English Subtitles.

Can someone help? I'm finding this pretty irritating since 80% of those who don't know Chinese rely on English to get through the language barrier. It worked with Japanese Drama as well as K-drama.
    Is there any drama in particular that you are looking for? Most Taiwanese drama are only subtitled by fans. Only the very popular ones is officially subtitled. If you want a particular drama to be subtitled, you can always send a request to one of the many subtitle groups out there or to the actual company (though the latter will not likely be fulfilled).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I think I may be way behind but I just finished watching Fated to Love You last night. It was good but had too much in common with The Frog Prince -- well, most of the same elements were present, although this series was a bit on the lighter side.

I miss Joe Chen with Ming Dao, but Ethan is not bad...

Smile Message for JCrew

Quote Originally Posted by JCrew View Post

Do you prefer to watch it on DVD? You can actually watch these TV series on-line. Once I run out of DVD to watch, I just go to these websites:

http://www.mysoju.com/
    http://silentregrets.com/
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/drama

These are the websites I usually check for ratings and reviews. A guide for me what to watch and what to buy whenever I go overseas.
    I hope this will help you.
    Blessy
    - The best relationship is the one where the love of one another matters more than the need to be with each other. -

I went on a T-drama roll this past weekend and watched Brown Sugar Macchiato, The Legend of Brown Sugar Chilvaries and Pi Li MIT.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

I am watching Empress Wu right now. I am almost done with the series. One more episode to watch! Im on the 43 episode. There are 44 episodes. The ending is really sad.

I am currently watching ToGetHer, starring Jiro, Rainie and George Hu...

AND K.O.3anguo, also starring George Hu, Xiu, Kirsten Ren & Wu Xiong...

Loving these 2 series currently!

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85 View Post
    I am currently watching ToGetHer, starring Jiro, Rainie and George Hu...

AND K.O.3anguo, also starring George Hu, Xiu, Kirsten Ren & Wu Xiong...

Loving these 2 series currently!
    Haha gush. Me too! I'm so in lurve with Ai Jiu Zhai Yi Qi (ToGetHer) but it seems like some people say it's not nice, like my brother and a friend. They feel that the storyline is boring but they do watch it sometimes hahaa...

And I was kinda sad to see that the ratings not that good. But the last ep had an increase! I checked on d-addicts' wiki ahhahha.

Ah, what do u do when u're obsessed with the super hawt MARS? It's been long since I was so obsessed over a star again! The last show I think was "Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan" (Chinese Paladin by Liu Yi Fei & Hu Ge)
    "Laugh as much as you can." :
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

Default Ai

Does anyone know how many chapters does the Hokkien Series "Ai" has in total? Its seems to go on forever.. where can I get this info?

I watched Romantic Princess, Devil Beside You, Why Why Love and Hanakimi on youtube a few months ago

my defeated queen ethan ruan, very funny

Currently i'm watching Fu Qi You En Kand which is acted by Lan Zheng Long, Chen Qiao En and Qiu Zhe and Tao Hua Xiao Mei which is acted by Wang Xin Ling, Wang Dong Cheng, Huang Jing Lun.

FQYAK's storyline is nice and interesting and it made me laugh alot when atching. And CQE's acting has improved!!!

THXM's storyline, i think its lame. Andi think the only think i want to watch is the idols who acted in the dramma.

next stop happiness - i love it! too bad its only one episode a week