Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Taiwanese Series Are You Watching?

Default What Taiwanese Series Are You Watching?

This thread is similar to "What Japanese Series Are You Watching?" and "wot korean series are u seeing now?" threads, but since I can't find one for Taiwanese series, I decided to create a new thread for it. The title is self-explanatory. Please tell us what Taiwanese series you've been watching recently.

I just finished watching Summer X Summer. The series is such a disappointment for me coz after giving great performances in The Rose and ISWAK, I expect another good drama from Joe Cheng. But he's not fully to blame. I thought Cai Yi Zhen's acting is really bad, and she doesn't have a good chemistry with Joe. Ethan Ruan is even worse. I don't know why he squints his eyes so much in the series. What's more annoying is the side thinking that pops up every so often. I must note that Joe's character here reminds me so much of his character Kui in The Rose.

I'm currently watching Smiling Pasta. It's pretty entertaining, though not great. But I definitely prefer this series to Cyndi's Tian Guo De Jia Yi (La Robe De Mariage Des Cieux/Heaven's Wedding Gown).

After I breezed through Ying Ye 3 + 1, which for the record, I thought was really good, I am currently watching Hana Kimi with We Zun and Ella of S.H.E. I started yesterday and afternoon and I'm on my way to finishing it tonight. If I didn't have to go to work, I would've finished it this morning. It's really a really cute series with lots of hilarious characters, can't wait to see the end.

Now? Shen Ji Miao Suan Liu Bo Wen, Ai, Yi Nan Wang -- hokkien. I have a channel for Taiwanese drama on my cable tv subscription in Brunei. ^^
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Thumbs up

I have just finished watching "Romantic Princess" and I enjoyed it ....... It would have been better if I had watched it continiously but, due to work load I just have to watch it during my free time - took me about a week to finish. Anyway, I recommend this to those who have not seen this drama yet.
    Blessy
    - The best relationship is the one where the love of one another matters more than the need to be with each other. -

Currently re-watching Tian Guo De Jia Yi.
    Hai Nuo never ceases to be endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    Now? Shen Ji Miao Suan Liu Bo Wen, Ai, Yi Nan Wang -- hokkien. I have a channel for Taiwanese drama on my cable tv subscription in Brunei. ^^
    oh my u watch those hokkien stuff? my parents r crazy about ai...they literally eat dinner in front of tv just to watch ai and watch late-night replays if they miss the actual airing time..
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

currently watchng wish to see u again! i realy love xiao ma!!!
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Wink

I watching DVD Fang Yang De Xing Xing is really romantic film. I love it

Junior Member Addicted2Hokkien Drama's Avatar

Talking

I am watching ai that i buy everyweekend
    Rm20 for 5 discs ,1 disc 5.25hours(so long!)
    Very long and confusing but i like it
    I like the actors and actresses
    I see only one week already finish the whole 5 discs
    so bad that it won't show on astro whenever we want
    I love hokkien dramas

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Hokkien Drama View Post
    I am watching ai that i buy everyweekend
    Rm20 for 5 discs ,1 disc 5.25hours(so long!)
    Very long and confusing but i like it
    I like the actors and actresses
    I see only one week already finish the whole 5 discs
    so bad that it won't show on astro whenever we want
    ai ended last nite..the new one is niang jia..my parents are not as crazy about niang jia as they were in ai, at least not yet..
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

I just finished watching It Started with a Kiss. I know its a bit late but they're going to start airing They Kissed Again on local TV so I decided to check it out.

Like all TWDrama adaptations of manga, ISWAK was very funny and sometimes bordering on stupid. It sometimes hurt to watch how Ariel Lin, as the not so smart and naive heroine will make a fool of herself all for the love of cool and aloof genius Jiang Zhishu.

All in all, I liked ISWAK because it was very entertaining. I particularly liked the ending when five years of chasing on the part of Xiang qin finally came to a close and she finaly got the boy she liked. I also liked Joe Cheng in this series, and Jiro Wang although his acting was pretty much of the same vein as his role in Hana Kimi. Looking forward to seeing what comes after the marriage in the second chapter of this series...

'A Game About Love' starring Sam Wang and Qiao En.
    I enjoy this series and really love Sam's cool character, although some other characters have become quite unbearable halfway through. As for Sam and Qiao En pairing, what can I say... I've been wanting to see them together since 'Prince Turns to Frog' =P

I guess Im off and on with dramas. Im currently waiting for episodes is a few series like "Fated To Love You" and "Rolling Love" to be subbed. But right now im currently watching MARS. Its different and interesting. I like the songs alot.

currently trying to follow 真情满天下 online. It's surprisingly quite good. I never dream that I would ever be hooked onto hokkien dramas. Was just trying out the first episode on youtube, because of the hype it was causing. Now trying to find the other episodes. The site I use kept stalling so it's really irritating to watch.

Looking forward to getting it on disc, but might have to wait for a year.

hotasuki- I'm watching parts of 真情满天下 too- It's not bad, plus Tony Sun's performance is really good. If you try tudou, I think they uploaded up to episode 28.

I would prefer Japanese and Korean shows compared to Taiwanese shows because i find them very lo soh but i would still watch if it is a "good drama" .

Just finished watching Bull Fighting and now watching Fated to Love You. FTLY is turning out, surprisingly, to be very good.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Finished watching Wayward Kenting (Eddie Peng, Janine Chang, Ethan Ran) and Honey & Clover (Joe Cheng, Janine Chang, Eddie Peng, Chen Yu Fan, Lego Lee). Two very, very good series. Wayward Kenting's got heart and Honey & Clover is rather adorable & funny to my surprise and touching on subjects of friendships.

Highly recommend both series to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bless168 View Post
    I have just finished watching "Romantic Princess" and I enjoyed it ....... It would have been better if I had watched it continiously but, due to work load I just have to watch it during my free time - took me about a week to finish. Anyway, I recommend this to those who have not seen this drama yet.
    I've just finished to watching it too....I love this Taiwanese series... and i think wu chun and angela chang are a pretty couple.they are so cute together.... ^^
    don't know what i want to do now...

I've just finished watching FTLU and I have enjoyed so much as this one. Good performance from the performers. I love it really. I haven't finished Smiling Pasta yet...