Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Love (翻滾吧! 蛋炒飯)

crazylazy_chief, no need to apologize. We need more people here... the more the merrier, haha. So it's still going to be 13 episodes as planned then? I don't mind them editing the series as long as they don't ruin the story.

Thanks for the info on the OST. I can't believe they left out Fahrenheit's opening song and Danson's insert song. How can you even call it an OST if the main theme is not included? Grrr!! Might as well call it Genie's 6th (?) solo album. So what if they are not from the same record company!

The ratings are bad???

Man, even if I don't live in Taiwan, I was rooting for this series to work so they would show it here in the Philippines. They've just finished airing Hana Kimi Taiwan last week on local TV and they're starting with Romantic Princess on Monday.

They start airing ISWAK2: They Kiss again tomorrow.It will onlybe shown on Sundays so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the full version comes out on DVD soon cos I have no patience to wait for 20 weeks.

If Dramawiki's info about Lan Qiu Huo airing on July 27th is right, then Rolling Love is just gonna have 12 episodes.

Lol, I know! The OST situation is just so ridiculous and frustrating.

Argh, just one more day till it's Sunday!

San Cheng is just getting more annoying by the episode! He's got such a thick skin, shamelessly taking (more like pitifully tricking) Xiao Shu's offer to pay off his debt. Gah, if they really want to cut this series, they should edit out his scenes But I really like the scenes between Leng Lie and Michelin. Although they are rivals, they admire each other's cooking talents

Episode 5 summary
    click to show/hide spoilers
    In order to help Emperor Hotel promote, Leng Lie comes up with "Happiness" as topic for Million Dollar Lunchbox Competition, Leng Lie emphasises to Leng Zhong Tian [his father] that there is some conflict in the Emperor Hotel's luxurious concept, and when Leng Zong Tian see's "Egg Fried Rice" restaurant's Michelin on the list of names for the contest, he has some recollection of it.

Michelin who has been thinking and practising all day, realised that the definition of happiness from his own experience, is satisfying the person you like, so he decided to ask Xiao Shu's opinion, this action makes them aware, that they seem to like each other.

At the Million Dollar Lunchbox Competition, facing many competitors, Michelin came up with an odd strategy, surprising the villagers that were cheering for him and also arousing everyone's curiosity. Michelin shows talent in cooking, explaining that simplicity is the definition of happiness, even though Leng Lie admired this greatly and started a debate with the other judges, in the end, Michelin still lost.
    San Cheng losing the million dollar prize, finally admitted that he hoped Michelin would win because he had to pay back money owed by the orphanage, Xiao Shu learning of the truth, suggests holding a charity fundraising food event...

credit: catalie @asianfanatics

crazylazy_chief, I saw that DramaWiki's info about Lan Qiu Huo airing on July 27th, but I checked wikipedia and it has it scheduled in August (no date). Either way, it'll still be around 12-13 episodes

anggemb, even if they don't show it on your local TV, you can still watch it online, can't you? Or better yet, support the actors and buy the DVD =P

'm watching eps 5 now, and at this point after all being considered, i don't like Genie and XS. Genie is good playing the blind girl but later on got annoyed with the way she talks. XS, ahh she became wishy washy about her feeling. She cried because of LL but then she just 'forgot' him.

i stop here or i'll keep ranting about her biggrin.gif

Lol, tanteun, biggrin.gif? At least as big as An Qi, haha.
    But I agree with you... I like Genie and Xiao Shu at first, but not so much anymore. There's something about the way Genie talks or smiles that bother me. She's a cute girl, but somehow it looks manufactured. I don't think she did it on purpose, though... that's just the way she is. Xiao Shu is selfishly trying to protect herself without considering Leng Lie's feelings. She did reject Leng Lie's proposal, but she didn't exactly reject his love. I wish she can just end it then and there instead of making him wait for her indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    San Cheng is just getting more annoying by the episode! He's got such a thick skin, shamelessly taking (more like pitifully tricking) Xiao Shu's offer to pay off his debt. Gah, if they really want to cut this series, they should edit out his scenes But I really like the scenes between Leng Lie and Michelin. Although they are rivals, they admire each other's cooking talents

Episode 5 summary
    In order to help Emperor Hotel promote, Leng Lie comes up with "Happiness" as topic for Million Dollar Lunchbox Competition, Leng Lie emphasises to Leng Zhong Tian [his father] that there is some conflict in the Emperor Hotel's luxurious concept, and when Leng Zong Tian see's "Egg Fried Rice" restaurant's Michelin on the list of names for the contest, he has some recollection of it.

Michelin who has been thinking and practising all day, realised that the definition of happiness from his own experience, is satisfying the person you like, so he decided to ask Xiao Shu's opinion, this action makes them aware, that they seem to like each other.

At the Million Dollar Lunchbox Competition, facing many competitors, Michelin came up with an odd strategy, surprising the villagers that were cheering for him and also arousing everyone's curiosity. Michelin shows talent in cooking, explaining that simplicity is the definition of happiness, even though Leng Lie admired this greatly and started a debate with the other judges, in the end, Michelin still lost.
    San Cheng losing the million dollar prize, finally admitted that he hoped Michelin would win because he had to pay back money owed by the orphanage, Xiao Shu learning of the truth, suggests holding a charity fundraising food event...

credit: catalie @asianfanatics

crazylazy_chief, I saw that DramaWiki's info about Lan Qiu Huo airing on July 27th, but I checked wikipedia and it has it scheduled in August (no date). Either way, it'll still be around 12-13 episodes

anggemb, even if they don't show it on your local TV, you can still watch it online, can't you? Or better yet, support the actors and buy the DVD =P

yeah, probably, that's what i'll do. but i like re-watching the dubbed version after i watch the original in one go. there's humor found in one's native tongue... since it hasn't ended yet, i'm keeping my hopes that the ratings will still improve. I think Jiro has a lot of fans here. He's a likeable guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Lol, tanteun, biggrin.gif? At least as big as An Qi, haha.
    But I agree with you... I like Genie and Xiao Shu at first, but not so much anymore. There's something about the way Genie talks or smiles that bother me. She's a cute girl, but somehow it looks manufactured. I don't think she did it on purpose, though... that's just the way she is. Xiao Shu is selfishly trying to protect herself without considering Leng Lie's feelings. She did reject Leng Lie's proposal, but she didn't exactly reject his love. I wish she can just end it then and there instead of making him wait for her indefinitely.
    lol watching An Qi is more suffering, really couldn't stand it but Genie is still yeahhh.... but still don't like her haha and u absolutely got what i meant about the way she talks *high five*

I just felt sumhow the way she treated LL is very unfair!!! like u said, she didn't considered LL's feeling especially when she's around 'had' fun with Michelin. It's like you get a 'new' toy and 'leave' the old one like that.

Hopefully they don't cut it into 12 episodes, because this series spent five months filming, and it would be like a total slap in the face if they "edit" out that much stuff.

And why is San Cheng getting so much screentime? Didn't he have more screentime than the leads in the beginning? He annoys me and his jokes aren't funny. Plus he's such a shady person - he ditched Michelin when he thought he killed someone! Grrrr, I find that for episode 5, I can only rant about San Cheng lmao.

Oh well, at least I can hope for the next episode that it'll have less of San Cheng, and more of the four leads! (Poor Wasabi, she's barely in scenes anymore.)

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    lol watching An Qi is more suffering, really couldn't stand it but Genie is still yeahhh.... but still don't like her haha and u absolutely got what i meant about the way she talks *high five*

I just felt sumhow the way she treated LL is very unfair!!! like u said, she didn't considered LL's feeling especially when she's around 'had' fun with Michelin. It's like you get a 'new' toy and 'leave' the old one like that.
    Yeah, she can get very insensitive sometimes... like the time when they thew her a birthday party, she unrestrainedly (albeit unconsciously) showed more enthusiasm upon receiving birthday present from Michelin. It's not that I don't like Xiao Shu to be with Michelin, but I just pity Leng Lie for her lack of sensitivity around him.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylazy_chief View Post
    Hopefully they don't cut it into 12 episodes, because this series spent five months filming, and it would be like a total slap in the face if they "edit" out that much stuff.

And why is San Cheng getting so much screentime? Didn't he have more screentime than the leads in the beginning? He annoys me and his jokes aren't funny. Plus he's such a shady person - he ditched Michelin when he thought he killed someone! Grrrr, I find that for episode 5, I can only rant about San Cheng lmao.

Oh well, at least I can hope for the next episode that it'll have less of San Cheng, and more of the four leads! (Poor Wasabi, she's barely in scenes anymore.)
    Haha, we have another San Cheng hater here =P That guy is seriously so annoying. I hate his whining, lame joke, and childish antics. And I'm more annoyed with his shady treatment toward Michelin. As you've said, how can he let Michelin be the scapegoat of his mistakes and then shamelessly barge into his life again? And what did Michelin get for helping his friend? Nothing but continuous trouble and headache. At the end of ep5, San Cheng even put Michelin down with his disparaging remarks about his cooking

Yeah, we're seeing less of Wasabi now. It's good in a way because that means we are seeing less of San Cheng flirting with Wasabi. That's so gross! Okay, I need to stop here, or else I'll turn this thread into San Cheng bashing thread, lol.

Whom do you guys think Leng Lie will end up with-- Wasabi or Tilly?

At this point, I don't even know why Michelin is still putting up with San Cheng. Seriously, this guy is nothing but trouble! And the sense of entitlement that San Cheng has towards pretty much everyone had me just sitting there in disbelief. I can't believe the nerve of this guy. He has me SO riled up when I watch him onscreen... grrrrr!

As for Wasabi, lol, I feel so bad for her. Not only does Michelin doesn't pay any attention to her, but San Cheng is always trying to flirt with her. XD

So far, I think Leng Lie is either gonna end up with either nobody or Tilly. And I have this nagging feeling that Wasabi is gonna somehow end up with San Cheng. That would explain whyyyyy they have so many scenes together, since the writers are trying to 'develop' their relationship. Ick ick ick, I hope that I am wrong though, because San Cheng is such a slimy character.

i like Leng Lie end up with nobody. I don't like Tilly too . But that's not the only reason tho I don't want his love story being pushed , it's like " because he didn't get XS then he's with Tilly. And the other reason is if he ended up with nobody then we know that his luvs to XS is so deep and real and nothing can change it , he's loyal to his luve in and it's good for his character too, then people will root to him more.

I read this in Baidu. Don't know how true it is. It's about Leng Lie's ending.

1. Leng Lie loses the use of one of his hands while trying to save Xiao shu and thus unable to cook anymore.
    2. Leng Lie's father commited suicide after causing his hotel to go backcrupt.
    3. Leng Lie goes back to US.

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=396751284
    Last edited by kidd; 06-05-08 at 12:20 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

So I was browsing around the baidubar of Rolling Love and Danson, and I found some ending spoilers for Leng Lie. Now, I have no idea how accurate these are because they're word of mouth from a fan that had bought the behind the scenes photobook for Rolling Love.

Major spoilers!

So later on, Xiao Shu will get kidnapped by an obsessed/crazed fan, and Leng Lie goes and saves her. But while doing so, the crazy fan will stab him and he'll injure his hand to the point where he won't be able to cook anymore. The company will go bankrupt and his father will commit suicide because of it. He may or may not go back to the U.S. but he is pretty much alone.

-

I will be so bummed out if this is true. *cries*

Edit: lol, didn't see that kidd posted this already. XD

what??? poor poor LL!!!
    with those tragics things happened, he's still ended up alone *cry*

That scene, the most anticipated one for me i luvs when hero got hurt especially after wathing the bts scene. Well in that scene he got stab in the back and his hand hurt too
    Last edited by tanteun; 06-04-08 at 11:40 PM.

kidd and crazy chief
    Thanks for the spoiler, but no thanks to the bad ending hehe... Gah, I can't believe that's how they're gonna end Leng Lie's story. As if his current situation is not pitiful enough, they have to add more misery to his sad life. Man, I really don't like this. What a tragic ending!

tanteun
    Lol, why do you like the "hero got hurt?" What's wrong with you?! Haha. You're supposed to root for the hero and wish for a happy ending =P But that just goes to show how deep Leng Lie's love is for Xiao Shu. I guess whom he ends up with is irrelevant now.

crazy chief, please don't tell me that Wasabi will end up with San Cheng That'll be another tragedy! He can pass for being her uncle, and there's no chemistry whatsoever between them.

Another (happy) spoiler:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Rolling%20Love/RL-1.jpg')
    credit: pink8915 @yam

Lol, I hope San Cheng doesn't end up with Wasabi, because he doesn't deserve her... or anyone. Nobody deserves to put up with him. XD

Regarding the spoiler...

I am seriously disappointed if that is the ending for Leng Lie. Why are the writers making his character go through so much? As if he hasn't gone through enough already right now. The poor guy was living in guilt for the two years that Xiao Shu had gone blind, and he can't even express his love for her because she'll accuse him of feeling sorry for her. Gah!

Jilly,

haha because it shows how the hero is still 'humans' and when hero got hurt, they're vulnerable, and sometimes vulnerable guy is HOT n sexy hahaha...

yeahhh why LL got so tragic life and not a single happy things happened through out the series?? but yeahhh it's happy ending for the MAIN Character tho... he got the girl, and everything

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=399856329
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=399947897

So I guess it's official that they're gonna 'edit' out a lot of scenes for Rolling Love and cutting the series short because Lan Qiu Huo is gonna be airing earlier. Sighhhhhh.

And from the article, I suppose we'll still have to see a LOT of San Cheng because they're unable to edit his scenes out since he's always with Michelin. =(
    Last edited by crazylazy_chief; 06-06-08 at 02:32 AM.

hate gtv to do that. It's not RL's fault. Even if Lan Qiu Huo is aired earlier and had to face FTYL i bet the rating will be the same.

HOpe they release the vcd/dvd with the full version.