Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Love (翻滾吧! 蛋炒飯)

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    hate gtv to do that. It's not RL's fault. Even if Lan Qiu Huo is aired earlier and had to face FTYL i bet the rating will be the same.

HOpe they release the vcd/dvd with the full version.
    Agree. Even 'Honey & Clover' starring the popular Joe Cheng also only got 1.00 points rating against FTYL.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

crazy chief, thanks again for the bad news... haha j/k.
    12-13 episodes are short already, how much more are they going to edit out this series? And worse yet, we'll still have to see lots of San Cheng. Argh, this is frustrating! I feel really bad for the cast. It's like their five months of hardwork goes down the drain...

tanteun and kidd, FTLY is just too strong for competition. Even Joe Cheng's popularity can't do much to help Honey&Clover ratings. I'm sure Lan Qiu Huo will get high ratings with its star-studded cast, but there's no way it'll beat FTLY amazing run (7.84 on the last episode! ).

On a lighter note, here's something for fun (I got 5 points hehe...).
    I put it in a spoiler so that the post won't be too overwhelming.

click to show/hide spoilers

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/aiwa09/FRH%20Magazine/fans805fe10.jpg')

Translated by aiwa@FahrenheitGloba1

Rolling Love's Egg Master Test

J = Jiro
    D = Danson
    G = Genie

1. What is another name for egg fried rice?
    a. gold wrapped silver
    b. silver wrapped gold
    c. golden rice

J: c
    D: c
    G: c

2. When making egg fried rice, how long should the duration of frying rice be?
    a. 0-1 min
    b. 1-1.5 min
    c. 1.5-2 min

D: b

3. In the steps of making egg fried rice, do you put in the rice or egg in first?
    a. rice first
    b. egg first
    c. both together

G: b

4. What's the secret to making good egg fried rice?
    a. whether organic egg is used
    b. whether rice is pre-cooked
    c. temperature/heat control

5. Egg fried rice orignate from which part of the world?
    a. central east asian cusine
    b. japanese cuisine
    c. cantonese cuisine

J: a
    D: a
    G: a

6. How much calories does tea leave egg have?
    a. 75-80 cal
    b. 80-85 cal
    c. 85-90 cal

G: b

7. Which of the following is not a nutritional content of the egg?
    a. fat
    b. iron
    c. vitamin A

8. Which if the following is not a function of the egg shell?
    a. egg shells, water and detergent after being mixed together in a blender, can be used to get rid of stains and odor
    b. putting egg shells into the soil of potted plants, can increase nutrients for the plant
    c. mixing small pieces of egg shells into coffee grounds, can get rid of odor better than coffee grounds alone.

G: a

Results:

0-3 correct:
    Just admit that you don't have much knowledge about eggs! The ones you answered correctly is probably just out of luck!

3-5 correct:
    You have a general knowledge about eggs, but you only seem to be a person who likes to eat eggs, if you want to become the egg master, have to try harder!

5-8 correct:
    You are the so-called "Egg Master"! You're a very knowledgeable and street smart egg protecter!

TIED:
    J: 4 (Answering 4 correctly is not bad!)
    D: 4 (Have to get perfect next time!)
    G: 4 (At least I got half of them right!)

Correct answers: a, b, b, c, a, a, c, c

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=400883205

Well, apparently GTV isn't going to be cutting Rolling Love short because they already signed a contract. I am SO confused... it's going back and forth. So maybe they were doing it to stir up more publicity?

ahhhhhhhhh my most looking for scene will be aired next week!!! can't wait!! lol wanna see
    LL got injured , hero in action

well even tho the rating drop but now RL is no. 2

San Cheng was semi-tolerable this episode, because he wasn't around much except for in the beginning, haha. And he made me laugh when I saw his reaction to Wasabi telling him to shut up with a knife in her hand. His expression was hilarious! And honestly, that was the only time I actually chuckled at the "jokes" in this episode. I dunno, I find the "comedy" in this series not that funny. Like, it's amusing the few times and it gets old real fast, especially when they repeat it over and over.

I felt pretty sorry for Leng Lie this episode. Especially when he's so upset because he finds out that Michelin has brought Xiao Shu out to watch a movie. And then there was Tilly laughing so hard over that. Seriously, what's up with that? I thought Tilly's character was supposed to be mature, but yet she pretty much gave the poor guy a kick when he was already down. That's pretty out of character. I suppose it could be bad writing, or because of too much editing that led to the inconsistencies. Bleh.

Not looking forward to the next episode, because I believe that's where Leng Lie hurts his hand. Hopefully it won't ruin his abilites to cook though. T_T

And I am surprised that the crazed fan would come out so soon, since I thought he'd be out near the end. I read the preview of the novel version for RL, and yeesh, they did edit out a lot of stuff.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=387024315

I could translate if you guys don't read Chinese. ^^

the whole story 'till now, maybe 'till the end, LL is destined to be in tragic side *hugsss*

Please please if u hv time to translate it.

Default Ep 6

San Cheng is semi-tolerable, except the part where he and Wasabi being such noisy spectators during the charity cooking competition. I wish they can shut up once in a while! Michelin is such a dork in this episode. The way he asked Xiao Shu out is so funny, lol. But Leng Lie is once again in his depressed state. I can hardly remember when he genuinely smiles in this series. What a poor character! Next episode will be even worse for him. Gah, why does the writer torture him so much?

This is just the preview of the chapters in Xiao Shu's point of view. I haven't been able to find the entire book online, unfortunately. There's a total of thirteen chapters. ^^

Sorry for the crappy translation. ._.;;

Chapter One - Lucky Star

Often enough, life does not go the way we want it to. I realize it, but it is when we truly face obstacles that we see the far distance between understanding and acceptance.

All along, I have pretended to be very courageous, pretended to be able to accept the world of darkness, without any colours or images. But all this is a false facade that I created.

I can't admit defeat!
    I have to keep smiling!
    I can't become a burden to those that love me because I lost my vision!

Everyone would always tell me, "Gwan Xiao Shu, everytime I hear your songs, I see your smile, I feel I would be able to pull through the difficult times!"

So, even though that car accident has taken away my vision, I still have to be confident and happy; brave and courageous...

But how I wish that when I feel down, helpless, and weak, there would be a lucky star guiding me, brightening up the darkness that I see, bringing me shining light.

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Quote Originally Posted by crazylazy_chief View Post
    But how I wish that when I feel down, helpless, and weak, there would be a lucky star guiding me, brightening up the darkness that I see, bringing me shining light.

--Gwan Xiao Shu
    If she wants someone guiding her and be by her side when she's down and unhappy, why the hell does she keep pushing Leng Lie (who is very willing to be that lucky star) away and making him and herself unhappy?

u're rite Kidd, she never try to let LL in or at least a chance for him to be her lucky star. She became prejudice to him and it's really unfair. Of course she felt different when she's around Michelin because his worlds is so different from what she's been before.

I think there's sumthing between LL's father with Michelin's background. *sigghhh* poor LL!! Look at his expression when his father bought Michelin's cooks the same price as him. Before, his face full of smiles but not 'till when his father came around.

crazylazy_chief,

thanks for the translation

Chapter Two - Egg Fried Rice

It's been such a long time that I have felt this relaxed, and all the pressure I have has disappeared in a moment's time.

Sitting in this unfamiliar restaurant, and even though the waitress is very mean, the customers are very loud, I could not control the smile on my face. The air is filled with the aroma of the egg fried rice. And for some reason, the smell of it has my heart feeling a happiness that's indescribable.

Taking my first bite of the egg fried rice, it gives me a taste I have never had before, and it brings me to a new place that's heartwarming. Why is it that this seemingly ordinary egg fried rice has me feeling like I have never felt before... I suddenly want to really know what type of chef could make this type of dish that makes people feel such happiness!

This rice, plain, yet it moves people's hearts.
    I think, the person that made this type of dish, he must have a warm and friendly smile as bright as the sun...

--Gwan Xiao Shu

-

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=404187363

I found this on baidu! It talks about the deleted scenes between Leng Lie and Xiao Shu.

Deleted scenes between Leng Lie and Xiao Shu by Anonymous

In the beginning, I could still find those deleted scenes on Tudou and Youtube, but after watching Leng Lie's character introduction and Gwan Xiao Shu's Lucky Rainbow, I could not find those deleted scenes anymore. Xiao Shu and Leng Lie's memory sequence scenes has been changed around a lot.

After these scenes were cut, everyone were not able to understand the feelings between Xiao Shu and Leng Lie before the car accident. Not only did Xiao Shu actually felt something more than friendship towards Leng Lie, but it also lets the audiences know that Xiao Shu and Leng Lie have more than feeling apologetic towards each other. They did truly love each other, and only because of the circumstances do they feel so much heartache and hurt. It's not that they don't love each other, but it's because they can't go back to where they were. Xiao Shu did love Leng Lie, but because of the editing, the audiences were not able to see these important scenes, as it would explain things more.

One - the first episode (where Xiao Shu and Leng Lie were in the car, and Leng Lie is driving.)

Leng Lie just came back from the U.S., and is gonna stay at home for a long time, so Xiao Shu jokes that they would count as living together. And that because Leng Lie is a well-known figure, if his fans knew about them living together, it would make the headlines. (Xiao Shu's smile was teasing, like the type where couples would share.) Leng Lie just smiled, and turned his head to tell her, "I don't care. How about you, do you care?" Xiao Shu's expression changed slightly, but Leng Lie did not notice. And then Leng Lie gently held onto Xiao Shu's hand, smiling.

This part shows their ambiguous feelings, and it also shows that it isn't only with Michelin does Xiao Shu feels happy. In this part, Xiao Shu was also happy with Leng Lie.

Two - Xiao Shu remembers the past with Leng Lie on the beach

First, we see them from afar chasing after each other, and we see two pairs of shoes: one pair is gold and one pair is silver. Then we see them closeup, Xiao Shu is jumping around, and Leng Lie is filming it with a camcorder. The two of them would be holding hands or leaning towards each other, making funny faces and smiling at the camera.

At the end, Leng Lie and Xiao Shu were holding hands, and Leng Lie had Xiao Shu in his embrace. He held the camera and asked, "Gwan Xiao Shu, do you like me?" And then Xiao Shu leaned her head against Leng Lie's shoulders, unwilling to look at the camera, but there was a sweet smile on her face.

They left the scene, but cut out the most important part of it, which is Leng Lie's question. It's unfortunate, because it shows the beginning of their budding love in the past.

Three - In the hospital, where they find out that Xiao Shu has gone blind

Leng Lie kneeled down to Nancy and is unwilling to stand up. Xiao Shu was listening to their exchange secretly, and crying to herself silently.

Actually, this scene was not cut, but the director changed what was said entirely. Originally, Leng Lie was only saying, "It's my fault, I wish the one that was blind was me." And then when it aired, they changed it to, "It's all my fault, I ruined her life."

The second apology was more obvious tilting towards guilt, making the situation more complicated. No wonder Xiao Shu would not accept Leng Lie's proposal, and the audiences could not feel Xiao Shu's love towards Leng Lie. All because in the later editing process, in order to make the ending more reasonable, they wanted to make the guilt between the two characters the main point of their relationship, and their love barely present.

Personally, I feel that this is really unfair to Leng Lie, and unjust to Xiao Shu. Her past relationship had not been shown entirely, and there just wasn't enough coverage for it. Even though the edit was for the audiences to not feel that Xiao Shu had a change of heart so easily when she likes Michelin later on. But they shouldn't make that huge edit because it really makes the character's actions confusing.

And the actors did really do a good job for these deleted scenes. There was also supposed to be a scene of Xiao Shu and Leng Lie playing piano together, but it's been edited to one second.

Actually, Xiao Shu can't be considered to have a change of heart, because she did break up with Leng Lie formally. But the reason Leng Lie could be so willing to hold on, to wait, and just endlessly giving without asking anything for return could be very much related to those deleted scenes. Even though love has passed, but nobody could erase the memories.

The memories that will never return, the past that cannot be reenacted, but those past memories, the tears and laughs, are the proof that love had existed.

Gwan Xiao Shu and Leng Lie have a strong relationship, they could be a lifetime of best friends.
    Xiao Shu chose to let go because of Leng Lie's future. (She doesn't want to become his burden in life, and in his career.)
    Leng Lie chose to hold on because of Xiao Shu's future.

Who said the rainbow disappeared, it has always been in their hearts.

Thanks for all the goodies, crazy chief. Xiao Shu's diary sounds pretty nice

Regarding the numerous deleted important scenes, they irrevocably ruin the storyline. Now everyone is unhappy. On one hand, we blame Xiao Shu for her change of heart. On the other hand, we keep pitying Leng Lie's poor character that we are unable to fully accept Xiao Shu to be with Michelin. There are just too many missing puzzles to complete the whole picture.
    Last edited by Jilly; 06-10-08 at 06:40 PM.

thanks crazy_chief,
    it seems now they are focusing on relationship between XS and Michelin rather than what happened to LL & XS, which i think it's the 'redline' between this triangle loves. Those deleted scenes had answers for most questions being asked by viewers. And they just ruin the 'heart of the story' by editing it just like that.

*poor LengLie , he deserves better and no one can really understand him and Danson too, he had put all of his energy, time and all his best for this and then nothing...*
    Last edited by tanteun; 06-10-08 at 10:37 PM.

Chapter Three - Disappointment

For these two years after the accident, Leng Lie would always be making these appointments and checkups for me, hoping that it would allow me to see again.

Over and over again, I would go from hopeful to being completely disappointed. Now, I have learned to not hold any sort of expectations towards the results, so that it would hurt less.

But I know that Leng Lie's feelings are more complicated than mine, because he believes that all this is his fault. In order to pay back, he would treat me as a fragile doll, always carefully protecting me. But how should I let him understand that his careful attitude makes me even more painful than going blind.

The harm has already been done, but life goes on. Even though it's painful, but I have to learn to adjust to it and move on.

Maybe I won't be able to ever see again, but I don't need anyone's sympathy or pity!

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Episode Seven Summary

To thank Michelin, Xiao Shu invites him out to dinner. And there, they see Leng Lie and Tilly; the four of them feel somewhat awkward. After Michelin takes Xiao Shu home, Xiao Shu disappears the next day...

After investigating, they find out Xiao Shu has been kidnapped by her crazed fan, and it makes Michelin very guilty because he is the last person to be with her. And he swears that he'll find who did this no matter what, while Leng Lie calmly tells Michelin to calm down. Michelin does not understand why Leng Lie could still act so calm and says that he doesn't know if Leng Lie even truly cares about Xiao Shu...

But actually, Leng Lie is only forcing his worries down. After he gets scolded by Michelin, he goes to Xiao Shu's home alone, but see the kidnapper coming back to retrieve Xiao Shu's stuff. So, Leng Lie follows the kidnapper, and even gets into a fight, but ends up getting seriously injured. But because he doesn't want Xiao Shu to get worried, he hides his injuries from Xiao Shu. But he finally passes out due to loss of blood, and Xiao Shu holds tightly onto Leng Lie's body while crying. And then finally, Michelin finds them and saves them.

Leng Lie is in a critical condition after getting sent to the hospital, and Xiao Shu continues to stay there, despite Leng Lie's father telling her firmly to stay away from Leng Lie. The headlines are all reporting how Leng Lie gets stabbed because of love, and Xiao Shu is unwilling to give up.

The doctor tells that they should be prepared for the worst, and Xiao Shu kneels down begging Leng Lie's father to let her see Leng Lie. Michelin also prays to the rainbow, hoping that Leng Lie could get better...

At this point, I think they're just going to torture Leng Lie more and more... -__-;;

thanksssssssssssss *bows*

Why she didn't thank LL too by asking him out or something
    ahhh why he needed to get hurt first to get XS's care and attention???

thanksssssssssssss *bows*

Why she didn't thank LL too by asking him out or something
    ahhh why he needed to get hurt first to get XS's care and attention???
    Now, they will finally know what each other feel. Xiao Shu most probably will feel very guilty about it and treat him all nice and Leng Lie most probably won't want her to. Leng Lie will finally realise how much preasure it is to have someone treat you all nice because he/she feels guilty. Xiao Shu will finally realise how LL feels all these years living with guilt and having XS rejecting his care all the time.

yeahh but still no happy ending for both of them. LL loves XS all along, not because of feeling guilty tho, that's the thing that XS needs to know.

ahhh Leng Lie!!!! one by one all those 'bad' spoiler' became real!!

He even couldn't hold a glass!! Well XS is become more 'caring' to him *yeahh the guilt things* He didn't get the girl he luvs, he can't cook, he looses his dad, his company going to bancrupt *sighhh*

In my theory why LL"s dad gives Michelin attention is because Michelin is his 'other' son and the old 'weird' woman who always visited Michelin is the one who has answer. If it's what happen, I don't know what LL will feel. *poor him* HUGSSSSSSSSS

He even couldn't hold a glass!! Well XS is become more 'caring' to him *yeahh the guilt things* He didn't get the girl he luvs, he can't cook, he looses his dad, his company going to bancrupt *sighhh*

Arghh, the guilt thing again! I'm slowly losing my interest in this series because of this whole guilt-ridden attitude. It gets really old after a while. And Xiao Shu should have known better. She doesn't like Leng Lie treating her that way, and yet, she's doing the same thing to him. It's starting to piss me off now.

don't let me start ranting about XS and Michelin starts to feel 'insecure'.

All iwant to do since the series started is HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LENG LIE!!!!!!!!