Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Love (翻滾吧! 蛋炒飯)

Chapter Four - Letting Go

There are times where I would think, if the car accident had not occurred, and I didn't go blind because of it, then maybe everything would remain the same as when we were in the US. Leng Lie and I would still be close friends, and maybe, we would become lovers gradually.

But we can't go back in time, and even God does not have the power to change what has already happened! Since I cannot change the fact that I would never be able to see again, I can only accept it to the best of my ability.

I want you to know, the food that you make, your attentive care, worrying about me, protecting me... I have always put these in my heart. Leng Lie, thank you! Thank you for everything you have done for me, I won't ever forget it! I knew all along that you cared so much about me...

But at this moment, we should just let go, and let the past remain the past. Like I said, I hope you can learn to accept all this.

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Chapter Five - Sorting Things Out

At times, our habits are like a vicious cycle. Even though we know where the problem lies, yet day after day, we would resume back into the same pattern.

But there are many people that are happy with their current situation, because people are easily distracted. Once something happens out of accident, or not meeting their expectations, our brains would naturally send out protective signals, so as to shield ourselves from harm. Actually, change not only needs courage, but also that second of impulse.

As like I have never thought about moving out of Leng Lie's home just like that, away from the environment I have grown so familiar with, away from my dearest family and friends. But after all this time, I would know, that change is the best choice.

Only when I can courageously walk out of my own little bubble, would I not let myself have a chance to regret. And then cutting off this vicious cycle, would I be able to experience the feeling of being in paradise.

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Chapter Six - The Taste of Happiness

Happiness is like that priceless piece of art that is under many layers of protection. Everyone has heard of it, yet rarely anyone has seen it.

When I am writing songs, I could use a thousand music notes to create a song named "Happiness". Yet I have never felt what it is like to be truly happy.

I have always thought that if happiness is something easily achieved, then nobody would treasure it. As someone has once said, if humans didn't have so much pain and sadness, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the happiness that so rarely comes by.

Maybe because of this, I could never be able to describle the food that Leng Lie made especially for me like those of the cooking shows. The taste of the food stays in my mouth, yet it does not make an impression in my heart. Perhaps happiness did surround me at this moment, but it still is so faraway from my heart.

I can feel the effort that Leng Lie has put into it, yet that is all it is.
    There is no happiness if our hearts don't match with each other.

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Ahhh, I still haven't really watched the latest episode. Lol, I just stopped right after Xiao Shu and Michelin left the restaurant because I was fuming. But other than the both of them being incredibly inconsiderate of Leng Lie's feelings, I was wondering this: why is Michelin always wearing sunglasses while driving his motorcycle at night?! He did the same thing when Leng Lie hit him with his car by accident. I remember just bursting out laughing because it was just so hilarious. (I sound like such a horrible person.)
    Last edited by crazylazy_chief; 06-18-08 at 02:31 AM.

crazylazy_chief,
    where hv u been?? thanks again for the new translation.

Ahhh.... how do LL knows that she really cares and put in the heart what he did to her if she didn't show it or say it to him!! her acts when LL is around is so painful to LL

Quote Originally Posted by crazylazy_chief View Post
    Ahhh, I still haven't really watched the latest episode. Lol, I just stopped right after Xiao Shu and Michelin left the restaurant because I was fuming. But other than the both of them being incredibly inconsiderate of Leng Lie's feelings, I was wondering this: why is Michelin always wearing sunglasses while driving his motorcycle at night?! He did the same thing when Leng Lie hit him with his car by accident. I remember just bursting out laughing because it was just so hilarious. (I sound like such a horrible person.)
    Oh, come one, I don't think they are being incredibly inconsiderate of Leng Lie's feelings in this particular scene. Leng Lie and Xiao Shu broke up alreday, so it's not like she's cheating on him by going out with Michelin. Xiao Shu and Michelin were just having a nice dinner together when they bumped into Leng Lie. Are they supposed to leave to be considerate to Leng Lie? Of course not. What if the same situation happened again? They can't keep avoiding each other. And it's not like they purposely flirt with each other and rub it in Leng Lie's face. You can tell that Michelin became quiet and stopped playing around with Xiao Shu when Leng Lie arrived at the restaurant.

Haha, I was wondering the same thing about Michelin's sunglasses. What's up with that? It's funny to think that Leng Lie is the one who hit Michelin with his car by accident. You'd think it'll be the other way around with Michelin wearing sunglasses at night lol.

Thanks for the wonderful translations. Looking forward to the next chapter
    Last edited by Jilly; 06-18-08 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Oh, come one, I don't think they are being incredibly inconsiderate of Leng Lie's feelings in this particular scene. Leng Lie and Xiao Shu broke up alreday, so it's not like she's cheating on him by going out with Michelin. Xiao Shu and Michelin were just having a nice dinner together when they bumped into Leng Lie. Are they supposed to leave to be considerate to Leng Lie? Of course not. What if the same situation happened again? They can't keep avoiding each other. And it's not like they purposely flirt with each other and rub it in Leng Lie's face. You can tell that Michelin became quiet and stopped playing around with Xiao Shu when Leng Lie arrived at the restaurant.

Haha, I was wondering the same thing about Michelin's sunglasses. What's up with that? It's funny to think that Leng Lie is the one who hit Michelin with his car by accident. You'd think it'll be the other way around with Michelin wearing sunglasses at night lol.

Thanks for the wonderful translations. Looking forward to the next chapter
    Lol, I guess I was looking at it from Leng Lie's point of view, because he was all bummed out. And did Xiao Shu and Leng Lie really date..? I thought they were just childhood best friends, and Leng Lie didn't have a chance to confess because of the accident. Gah! I admit, I fast-forward scenes when I watch this series. *is guilty*

Hopefully I'll be able to post all the chapters up before the end of the week. I finished the translations already, I just have to edit them.

And tanteun, ehehehehe, I have been realllyyyyyy distracted with watching Last Friends and Around 40.

crazy chief, I would not have known if Xiao Shu and Leng Lie really dated from watching this series alone, but reading your post#71 on the deleted scenes, I guess they did have a past together.

Actually, Xiao Shu can't be considered to have a change of heart, because she did break up with Leng Lie formally. But the reason Leng Lie could be so willing to hold on, to wait, and just endlessly giving without asking anything for return could be very much related to those deleted scenes. Even though love has passed, but nobody could erase the memories.

Well I have always assumed that they have a more ambiguous relationship. But yeah, it did kinda threw me off when I was translating that article, lol.

Chapter Seven - The Undercurrent

There are some things that just cannot be said, because once the truth comes out, it would destroy the peaceful surface. Like the undercurrent that's hidden underneath the surface, if you don't reach for it, then you wouldn't be stuck in it.

I understand that this is escaping from the problem, but before I can truly understand how I feel, I can only pretend to be oblivious to the undertones beneath the peaceful surface.

He is stubborn and committed. Yet all his feelings are cracked because of the accident, but the more you want to hide the continually growing cracks, the more you are unable to. The accident became my only excuse. And then there is him, outgoing and innocent, and brightens up everyone and everything just like the sun. It makes me grow more attached to him, for some reason...

The seemingly peaceful stream, because of his pain, his warmth, and my slowly falling for him - it becomes an unspeakable undercurrent.

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Chapter Eight - Falling For Him

What is wrong with me?

Why did my heart suddenly beat so fast when I hear Michelin say "The person he cares the most"? My head is spinning, and my breath is heavy. When I think about him, my lips would curl into a smile uncontrollably.

Thinking back to when I first met him, the first time I have been in that type of restaurant, eating the different tasting Egg Fried Rice, I really wanted to know what type of person could make this type of taste. And when I finally took my first step with all the courage I could muster, I stayed here to create my own little world because I would be able to feel Michelin's passion. But more importantly, it's because of him that I could find the most innocent side of myself.

And at this moment when I am facing him with a pounding heart, is it because I am slowly falling for him? No! No! No! I must be thinking too much!

Everything is great now, just being friends...

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    at least XS knows how LL's feeling toward her eventho she thought it because he feeling guilty and pitying her.

Ahhh i''m going to rant about her again *stop stop * lol

Crazylazy_chief,
    haha i know how it likes to be stucks in some dramas .... thanks because u still have times to do this.
    Btw, is there any LL's point of view in the novel??

Wow, that's a very quick update.
    Thanks a bunch, chief (lol, I keep shortening your name. Hope you don't mind hehe).
    Yeah, is there any other character's point of view in the novel or does it just focus on Xiao Shu?

Jilly, it's okay, lol.

And this is just the preview of the actual novel, kinda like a teaser. I haven't been able to find the actual version online yet, unfortunately. =(

Chapter Nine - The Rainbow

In fairytales, the rainbow is always the road that leads to happiness. In the Bible's book of Genesis, the rainbow is the promise between God and Noah. Yet in my world, the rainbow is a beautiful scenary that cannot be seen again.

Everyone has their own story regarding the rainbow. Some would gasp at their beauty, some likes how it would only appear for a short while, and some would wish desperately to see it again, but has no way of doing so. When I was young, I would always be standing in the rain under my umbrella, waiting for the moment when the clouds clear up. Even though the rainbow may not appear every time the clouds are clear, but if it does, it makes me happy for quite a few days.

I didn't know why I would like it so much before, thinking that it's only because of the rainbow's beautiful colours. But as I grew up, I finally understood that not only do I love the rainbow because of its beauty, but also because it appears after everything is cleared up.

When I look at it, there would be a voice in my heart telling me, "The storm will pass! Don't be afraid, because hope is always there!"

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Ooh, do you guys notice that San Cheng seems to be saying "Aish" a lot? LOL!

reading those XS's point of view, really didn't help me to understand her in how he treating LL!!!

lol maybe i'm a lil bias here but it's trueeeeeee

San Cheng is really annoying!!

Chapter Ten - Fear

I have always thought that I have already grown used to a world of darkness, and there would be nothing that could make me shake in fear. But he, this insane man that had kidnapped me here, has me understand what it means to be truly fearful.

His presence makes me sick, his coming close to me makes my head spin, and his freaky laughter has my entire body cold. When has he started following me? And when has he started planning this irrational behavior? Stuck in this situation that is more helpless than loss of sight, my mind raises up many questions that makes me even more frightened.

I don't want to be defeated by my own fear, but I can't help to wonder if there is someone that knows the situation I am in.

Will I die here? Or would I have to face something that is more scarier than this? The more I think, the more I become terrified, and my body begins to shake uncontrollably.

Please, who is going to save me?!

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Episode Eight Summary

click to show/hide spoilers
    Maybe it's because of Michelin's sincere prayer to the rainbow that Xiao Shu can have true love, and plus Xiao Shu's calls towards him that Leng Lie is starting to show signs of pulling through. Finally, Leng Lie passes the critical times and is slowly healing. In front of everyone, Xiao Shu declares to Leng Lie's father that she'll do everything in her power to take care of Leng Lie, letting Michelin see the truth that Xiao Shu could be leaving him forever.

The wound on his hand that Leng Lie has from trying to save Xiao Shu has been diagnosed by the doctors as unable to be completely healed temporarily. Leng Lie is devastated, and Xiao Shu feels even more guilty. Their situation has been reversed, with Xiao Shu determined to be by Leng Lie's side, while Leng Lie is afraid Xiao Shu is staying with him because of guilt. Which is also what he doesn't want.

Michelin is pained by Xiao Shu's change, and is starting to abuse alcohol, plus fighting with others all the time. But after Wasabi's efforts, it lets Michelin know that this is fate, and he immediately changes his ways. He then finds the two, and tells them that Leng Lie is definitely his friend, but at the same time, he will not give up Xiao Shu because of it.

Michelin's passionate declaration is like a bomb to the other two. Leng Lie tells Xiao Shu that he appreciates Michelin, but at the same time he could tell the special feelings that Xiao Shu has towards Michelin. Xiao Shu cannot object to that, and her feelings are affected...

Even though his hand is not healed yet, but Leng Lie is rushing himself to get cooking again. His strict father feels bad about it, and decides to cook Leng Lie his famous dish - noodles with shredded pork and mustard greens.

with that XS is gonna hurt LL once more !! she just doing that for her comfort without *again* consider other's feelings! In here, both LL and Michelin got hurt with her decision to take care LL.

It said "temporarily" rite??? kind of feel release then if it's true. Because there;s nothing left for LL if he looses his hand after what bad things that will hapenned to him.

CRAZYLAZY_CHIEF, thanksssssss *hugsss*
    wish we can know LL's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    with that XS is gonna hurt LL once more !! she just doing that for her comfort without *again* consider other's feelings! In here, both LL and Michelin got hurt with her decision to take care LL.

It said "temporarily" rite??? kind of feel release then if it's true. Because there;s nothing left for LL if he looses his hand after what bad things that will hapenned to him.

CRAZYLAZY_CHIEF, thanksssssss *hugsss*
    wish we can know LL's point of view
    I was kinda confused by the temporary thing in the Chinese version, but I am assuming that the doctors don't have an exact way to heal him yet. *hopeful*

And I read at baidu that at the end, when Leng Lie leaves Taiwan after all the chaos, he will also have a student with him that he'll teach his cooking. Not sure how accurate this is, but if it's true, then perhaps Leng Lie's hand may be healed, or else how is he gonna teach?

Ooh, do you guys notice that San Cheng seems to be saying "Aish" a lot? LOL!
    Lol, so you notice it, too! He sounds like Korean when he's "aish-ing", don't you think? Oh, I remember Michelin also said "aishh" once. I don't know if he's mocking San Cheng or what, but I thought that's pretty funny XD

The wound on his hand that Leng Lie has from trying to save Xiao Shu has been diagnosed by the doctors as unable to be completely healed temporarily. Leng Lie is devastated, and Xiao Shu feels even more guilty. Their situation has been reversed, with Xiao Shu determined to be by Leng Lie's side, while Leng Lie is afraid Xiao Shu is staying with him because of guilt. Which is also what he doesn't want.

Michelin is pained by Xiao Shu's change, and is starting to abuse alcohol, plus fighting with others all the time.
    This is exactly why I dislike Xiao Shu now. She can't make up her mind (not to mention selfish) and end up hurting everyone.

not to mention she'll mad to LL [or Michelin] if they did somthing which she thought came out from pitty feelings

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    not to mention she'll mad to LL [or Michelin] if they did somthing which she thought came out from pitty feelings
    Yeah!! Like on this last episode, she was upset and told Michelin: "I just feel that you two are very childish.. you and Leng Lie are the same... never consider other people's feelings." What the...?? Are you kidding me? These are the words that should be spoken *to* her! I can't believe Leng Lie and Michelin can actually put up with her.

Chapter Eleven - Balance

My heart is like a balance scale - it's constantly moving, unable to find the point of balance, and unable to make a decision.

There are times where I would wonder why I could attract Leng Lie and Michelin, these two wonderful people, to both fall in love with me. Even though they would care for me all the time, but I actually want my life to be more simple, without all these complications to consider.

I like the relationship we have now: I like to live freely, and I care about these two people a lot, so I don't want to break the balance we have right now. Can I not think so much, and not be responsible to a certain person, so I could just be myself?

Is it because I am so selfish that makes me feel so difficult?

I just don't want to hurt anyone. But is this possible? Am I already hurting them when I am unable to make up my decision?

--Gwan Xiao Shu

I think that the writers intended for Xiao Shu to be a pretty strong-willed girl that bravely faces the fact that she's blind. And that she keeps on pushing Leng Lie away because she doesn't want to become his burden. But somehow she just comes off as really whiny (at least in this chapter she is...).

Xiao Shu,
    Let me tell you: YESSSS YOU ARE SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazylazy_chief,
    U're rite, selfish and whiny it's sooo her Wonder what she looked before the accident that made LL fall into her

btw, i want to know LL point of view!!!

LOL, tanteun, you're hilarious!

Chapter Twelve - Light

I have always believed that after darkness, there would be light!

But the light I have been waiting for so long is shorter than a shooting star. If this chance isn't so precious, perhaps I could force myself to continue on with this world of darkness.

But why is God so cruel to me? After letting me return to the colourful world, it threatens to take it all away!

Fine, then let it be!

But if there is one thing that I have to exchange it for my ability to see, can I use my life? I don't want to return to that world without any colours or images.

To me, that endless darkness is scarier than death!

--Gwan Xiao Shu

Chapter Thirteen - Holding Onto Happiness

My heart is always afraid, so I don't dare to hold high expectations, therefore I don't have to go through the disappointment.

My hands are always scared - I want to touch the magnificence in front of me, but I draw my hand back as soon as my fingers are reaching out, not daring to hold onto it.

The person I love has given me the rainbow that leads to happiness, yet I am too cowardly to walk ahead. I fear that the other side of the rainbow is just a dream, yet I don't know that once the timing is gone, the rainbow will disappear!

The most unacceptable thing is not disappointment, but instead, it's our own fears that would not allow us to give any chance to myself or the person I love, letting ourselves harm each other over and over...

Dear God, I am sorry, so can you give me another chance? Let me create a rainbow for the one I love...

I promise this time, I will hold onto my happiness, and not let it slip by me.

--Gwan Xiao Shu

And then this is it. I am still looking for the full version online, but so far nothing has come up.

It was painful to watch episode 8. Xiao Shu is a hypocrite - she says she doesn't want Leng Lie's pity in the beginning, and yet she is doing the same thing to Leng Lie now! I was lol-ing when Leng Lie told Xiao Shu to go home, and she was all dejected... it doesn't feel so good when you're the one being pushed away, eh? And this is exactly what she has been doing to Leng Lie for the past two years.

I do agree with Leng Lie's father; how can Xiao Shu take care of Leng Lie when she can't see. But also, it's unfair to Leng Lie when she's just staying with him out of pity and guilt.

I am so mad at Xiao Shu in this entire episode. She may "mean well", but she's making everyone suffer with her decision.

Poor Leng Lie, even when he's the one who's hurt, he still has to calm Xiao Shu and Nancy down at the hospital.

BTW, glad Wasabi finally got some more onscreen time! I loved it when she smacked San Cheng on the face! LOL! She's a really kind-hearted girl... sucks that Michelin doesn't return the feelings, but at least he acknowledges her feelings in this episode.