Thread: 三重门 - Dong Jie

Default 三重门 - Dong Jie

i found this film, its very short only 8 episodes, the only person i know the name of is Dong Jie and the rest either looks familiar or i don't know.

its seems to be a good story about growing up, it was filmed a while back i think, since Dong Jie looks very young (late teens to early 20's).

its one of those films tat is never going to be dubbed, so theres no way i'm going to get wat they are saying.

if anyone interested, u can see it at www.tudou.com. its very short but it seems to have a feel of a movie about it. the main character narrate throughout the film, i think he's retelling the story.

if anyone can tell me wat its about please reply!

or better yet if u know of an english sub or if its viet dubbed please also tell!

heres the movie poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lsnews.com.cn/images/2004-09-03/pic_17708.jpg')

i've also attached screenies from teh film. the first is of dong jie (she looks gud in this film), second is of dong jie and the main guy (who sumtimes loosk way to young for her) and the third is of dong jie and her friend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    i found this film, its very short only 8 episodes, the only person i know the name of is Dong Jie and the rest either looks familiar or i don't know.

its seems to be a good story about growing up, it was filmed a while back i think, since Dong Jie looks very young (late teens to early 20's).

its one of those films tat is never going to be dubbed, so theres no way i'm going to get wat they are saying.

if anyone interested, u can see it at www.tudou.com. its very short but it seems to have a feel of a movie about it. the main character narrate throughout the film, i think he's retelling the story.

if anyone can tell me wat its about please reply!

or better yet if u know of an english sub or if its viet dubbed please also tell!

heres the movie poster
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lsnews.com.cn/images/2004-09-03/pic_17708.jpg')

i've also attached screenies from teh film. the first is of dong jie (she looks gud in this film), second is of dong jie and the main guy (who sumtimes loosk way to young for her) and the third is of dong jie and her friend.
    yeah ive never seen this, but according to what it says on the dvd cover or whatever its about ur first love.
    oh, and by the way, i like ur quote: yuan cheng zhi only loves qing qing and no one else!" lol. totally agree!!!

could sumone plz tell me wat this line means

it seems to have a very big impact on the main guy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-001.jpg')

Susan is Dong Jie, the girl the main guy falls for and daydreams about, i gather it had sumthing to do with their end of highschool exam.

from the start it seemed she was suppose to be very smart and thats why the main guy tries so hard to study, so i thought she may have gotten a really high mark or sumthing. but everyone seems to be not very happy when saying the news so i'm not to sure.

and this is a scene tat i liked in the film it was very pretty
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-002.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-003.jpg')

basically the main guy hasn't seen Susan(dong Jie) for a while so as he was walking he thought he saw her but it turned out to be a hallucination.

oh and while sum1 is nice enough to translate, plz translate this page. i think it tells the ending so put a spoiler tag on. i don't get the ending cos i don't know wat they are saying.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-004.jpg')
    Last edited by Linda; 05-02-08 at 02:07 AM.

could sumone plz tell me wat this line means

it seems to have a very big impact on the main guy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-001.jpg')

Susan is Dong Jie, the girl the main guy falls for and daydreams about, i gather it had sumthing to do with their end of highschool exam.

from the start it seemed she was suppose to be very smart and thats why the main guy tries so hard to study, so i thought she may have gotten a really high mark or sumthing. but everyone seems to be not very happy when saying the news so i'm not to sure.

and this is a scene tat i liked in the film it was very pretty
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-002.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-003.jpg')

basically the main guy hasn't seen Susan(dong Jie) for a while so as he was walking he thought he saw her but it turned out to be a hallucination.

oh and while sum1 is nice enough to translate, plz translate this page. i think it tells the ending so put a spoiler tag on. i don't get the ending cos i don't know wat they are saying.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c399/tieu_yeu_nu/Dong%20Jie/ThreeHeavyDoors/uvs080502-004.jpg')
    the first screencap says "Susan missed a really good school in the city by 3 points" so i guess thats why everyone was depressed...
    and the end one doesnt say anything about the characters...its saying how schools should be responsible for every aspect of their students: mentally, physically, and socially and make sure that all of them are happy. This is a major problem in Chinese education. theres nothing about the ending
    now im curious. is this series like about love? is it good? can anyone give me like a basic plot summary? thanks

from wat i gather with my facial and body language reading skills, the main guy is a poet type guy and he and his two friends get along very well, they one day meet Susan, who is friends with the girl.

both main guy and friend likes susan, but susan seems to not like either, though she is nicer to the main guy because of his poetry ability which she likes.

guy friend writes a love letter to susan but susan turns him down, he gets another girl friend who reminds him of susan but he still likes susan so girl breaks up with him.

main guy writes a love letter to susan and she turns him down too, but her letter is different and sumhow it pushes him to achieve more, the reason main guy is so elevated is because susans letter express her wish for them to meet in this famous university in the city.

the girl friend of the two is very close to susan but doesn't support either of her friends to go out with susan. she tells main guy straight that susan doesn't like him, but main guy still holds hope.

susan and main guy meets regularly since they both park their bikes at the same place, but main guy is to scared to talk to her, susan seems to start to like main guy but doesn't say anything.

main guy does very well in school and gets an award of sum sort but he doesn't tell susan, susan doesn't congradulate him either, she either doesn't know or doesn't want to say anything.

main guy is still hopelessly in love with susan and he starts to fall into the wrong crowd but pulls himself out again.

spoilers

they sit for their exams and (like above translated) main guy gets in but susan misses it by 3 marks. so main guy goes to uni far away and the rest of the cast stay here.

main guy calls susan from pay phone and talk (i don't have a clue wat they said), main guy seems to still be very much in love with susan but she seems to have turned him down, since she hung up on him.

its a very sweet story that feels very much like the wonder years, and since it was only 8 episodes long it didn't feel to long or too short.

whenever the main guy looks at Susan, the director always shines this light onto Susan tat makes her look more like an angel then a human, it gives the feel of 'beauty in the eyes of the beholder'. susan isn't as perfect as the main guy sees but in his eyes she is.

compare her image when she's with him and her image when she's with her parents, it shows she's a pretty normal gud looking girl.

the scenery is very effective, we have scenes of great color like the daisy fields to the drearyness of the university, its used in depict emotions of the characters.

the daisy field depicts susan's emotion, of her love of beauty and dreams while the university image depicts the main guys emotion as his reason for coming came to naught. (Susan was suppose to attend).

its very sweet watching the main guy try so hard to overcome his own failures, he wants to talk to her, wants to get to know her but never has the guts too.

ofcourse along the way, they bring in subjects of school and stuff but since i don't understand i don't get the message.

i do reconmend this film to most movie goers, its romantic but not sappy nor extreamly sweet, its emotional but not dramatised or moody, its just a very light film that will put either a frown or a smile on your face, but won't ring laughter or tears from you.

for those who don't know, this seems to be based on a book of the same title, i saw it in chinese and has taken to reading it in 'online translated' english. which is very hard but u still get the juice of it. its very short not long like the wuxia novels so its okay.

for those interested u can read it on the sina site, just search for the name. and those who want to watch it should go to tudou.com.
    Last edited by Linda; 05-03-08 at 07:22 AM.

from wat i gather with my facial and body language reading skills, the main guy is a poet type guy and he and his two friends get along very well, they one day meet Susan, who is friends with the girl.

both main guy and friend likes susan, but susan seems to not like either, though she is nicer to the main guy because of his poetry ability which she likes.

guy friend writes a love letter to susan but susan turns him down, he gets another girl friend who reminds him of susan but he still likes susan so girl breaks up with him.

main guy writes a love letter to susan and she turns him down too, but her letter is different and sumhow it pushes him to achieve more, the reason main guy is so elevated is because susans letter express her wish for them to meet in this famous university in the city.

the girl friend of the two is very close to susan but doesn't support either of her friends to go out with susan. she tells main guy straight that susan doesn't like him, but main guy still holds hope.

susan and main guy meets regularly since they both park their bikes at the same place, but main guy is to scared to talk to her, susan seems to start to like main guy but doesn't say anything.

main guy does very well in school and gets an award of sum sort but he doesn't tell susan, susan doesn't congradulate him either, she either doesn't know or doesn't want to say anything.

main guy is still hopelessly in love with susan and he starts to fall into the wrong crowd but pulls himself out again.

spoilers

they sit for their exams and (like above translated) main guy gets in but susan misses it by 3 marks. so main guy goes to uni far away and the rest of the cast stay here.

main guy calls susan from pay phone and talk (i don't have a clue wat they said), main guy seems to still be very much in love with susan but she seems to have turned him down, since she hung up on him.

its a very sweet story that feels very much like the wonder years, and since it was only 8 episodes long it didn't feel to long or too short.

whenever the main guy looks at Susan, the director always shines this light onto Susan tat makes her look more like an angel then a human, it gives the feel of 'beauty in the eyes of the beholder'. susan isn't as perfect as the main guy sees but in his eyes she is.

compare her image when she's with him and her image when she's with her parents, it shows she's a pretty normal gud looking girl.

the scenery is very effective, we have scenes of great color like the daisy fields to the drearyness of the university, its used in depict emotions of the characters.

the daisy field depicts susan's emotion, of her love of beauty and dreams while the university image depicts the main guys emotion as his reason for coming came to naught. (Susan was suppose to attend).

its very sweet watching the main guy try so hard to overcome his own failures, he wants to talk to her, wants to get to know her but never has the guts too.

ofcourse along the way, they bring in subjects of school and stuff but since i don't understand i don't get the message.

i do reconmend this film to most movie goers, its romantic but not sappy nor extreamly sweet, its emotional but not dramatised or moody, its just a very light film that will put either a frown or a smile on your face, but won't ring laughter or tears from you.

for those who don't know, this seems to be based on a book of the same title, i saw it in chinese and has taken to reading it in 'online translated' english. which is very hard but u still get the juice of it. its very short not long like the wuxia novels so its okay.

for those interested u can read it on the sina site, just search for the name. and those who want to watch it should go to tudou.com.
    oooh sounds nice. thanks

i like this film so much i think i'm going to cap it and post the pics her so tat everyone can see it and the more ppl who go see it the better!

i'm going to convert the world!