Thread: Using the search function

Default Using the search function

Using the forum's search function is very frustrating, because it returns completely irrelevant results even if I specify which sub-forum to search in.

For example, I just searched for a thread on the "Amazing Twins" in the wuxia fiction forum, and I might as well have looked through the pages one by one in that subforum to try to find such a thread The search function must have returned every single thread that has the word amazing and/or twins in it.

I even tried putting the words in quotes, but the search results were identical.

Does anyone know how to input my search terms to actually make the search function return what I am searching for?

Thanks
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Using the forum's search function is very frustrating, because it returns completely irrelevant results even if I specify which sub-forum to search in.

For example, I just searched for a thread on the "Amazing Twins" in the wuxia fiction forum, and I might as well have looked through the pages one by one in that subforum to try to find such a thread The search function must have returned every single thread that has the word amazing and/or twins in it.

I even tried putting the words in quotes, but the search results were identical.

Does anyone know how to input my search terms to actually make the search function return what I am searching for?

Thanks

When the words are that common (especially here, where "Twins" also happens to be the name of a very popular pop group in Asia), it's a little rough.

I'd isolate the search to thread *titles* myself.

Sometimes it is helpful to search on google instead, e.g. "amazing twins" site:spcnet.tv

And like Ken Cheng suggested, consider searching on title only.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

On the upper right hand corner of every page on the site there is an spcnet.tv site-wide search that is powered by Google. You can enter "Amazing Twins" or any other keywords with quotes and it may be better than the forum search.
    -SC