Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pages of Treasures 《Click入黃金屋》

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Notes: Wayne declined Tommy Leung's series to participate in Lee Tim Seng series in July with Sheren Tang.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=23778
    Wow. Wayne Lai suddenly become so sought after. I still think the Astro awards has a bit of help. It shows the popularity of Wayne.

Wayne has quite a big burden with this series. The last one was a classic. So, the expectation of success for this series is also high.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Sorry, I've made a mistake with the producer name. He declined Leung Choi Yuen's project, not Tommy Leung.

Wow, great to see Wayne Lai finally getting his dues. He should've been leading man years ago. Not so happy to see Mui Siu Ching producing this though, cause she turns dark and gritty subject matter and frequently turns it into something cartoonish (i.e. spinning the camera around a million times while someone dies, man thats corny). Still, I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtfmang View Post
    Wow, great to see Wayne Lai finally getting his dues. He should've been leading man years ago. Not so happy to see Mui Siu Ching producing this though, cause she turns dark and gritty subject matter and frequently turns it into something cartoonish (i.e. spinning the camera around a million times while someone dies, man thats corny). Still, I'm looking forward to this.
    Mui Siu Ching is the producer, not director. The problem lies in the director(s) she used. A series normally have 2-3 directors.

Notably, the circumstances of Au Yeung Pui San's character (Au Hiu Hua) in the series remarkably paralleled the real life circumstances of Cora Liu at the time: a burned out TV/film star who wanted to quit the business, and hooked up with a young, wealthy (but abusive) business mogul. I wonder if TVB deliberately wrote Au Yeung Pui San's character as such as a commentary on Cora Liu (not in a vicious way; Au Yeung Pui San's character was depicted very sympathetically).

Tidbits update:

Eric's role work in IT field. He will have love triangle with Shirley & Vivien (as expected).

Shirley will cut her hair short for thsi series, while Vivien have long hair (she always have short hair in her series)

There should be a general rule. Don't remake anything if Chow Yun Fat was in the original. I wonder if the themesong will be as good as the original.....doubt it. Yes I am pessimistic
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

So this is the new Wayne Lai series. Sounds like the producer chose a nice story to adapt off of. Looking forward towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    There should be a general rule. Don't remake anything if Chow Yun Fat was in the original. I wonder if the themesong will be as good as the original.....doubt it. Yes I am pessimistic
    Yeah. One additional hurdle that remaking this series is that Hong Kong society has changed so much since the original series was made in 1979. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY was very much a product of its time, and the drama was a social commentary on Hong Kong's society as it was as the 1970s ended and the 1980s began. At the time, Hong Kong was still firmly a British colony and the idea that Hong Kong would once again be a part of China was still five years into the future (the reality was still eighteen years into the future). The concept of the Ah Chan character fit the Hong Kong people's stereotype of mainlanders at the time: an ignorant bumpkin from a backwards country who could not adjust to Hong Kong's cosmopolitan society. That stereotype doesn't apply anymore, as China has grown into a modern country whose people are sometimes even more sophisticated than those of Hong Kong.

Someone above mentioned a character in the IT business? Maybe the "Net" this time refers to the Internet. Ha ha. The original series centered around the jewelry business.

Well, if the stories are not the same, why advertise it is a new version? If it is a good version, then great. But if its is not as good, then it would do even worse because the audience will compare it to the old irreplaceable classic all the time rather than judge it as a series on its own.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I just noticed the episode count of the new series (20): condensing the 80-episode span of the original series into a fourth of that length means that ALOT is going to be lost from the story.

Conversely, when China remade THE BUND last year, it doubled the length of the original...which caused decompressed storytelling that, at times, felt like it was padding the series.

Wow a VERY old remake...wasn't even born yet! Congrats on Wayne getting first lead, even though his intention was simply to entertain he got what he finally deserved, very versatile and perhaps he could gain the Best Actor award one day Wow Eric is acting? I love his singing, though I'm trying to be open minded about his acting. Has he acted before? I dont generally like crossovers with celebrities...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

One must tread very carefully when remaking such a highly-regarded classic, because the associations with that classic are going to really set the audience's expectations very high (maybe unrealistically so, but that's the inherent hazard of remaking a classic). The acting, writing, and direction will need to be ABOVE the usual "top-notch": everybody is going to have to look very deeply inside themselves and find the masterful performance that won't sully the original. It seems from the response on this thread that people are generally happy with the new casting. I wouldn't know; I'm not familiar with the current generation of TVB actors at all. They'll need to bring their "A-Game" and hope it's good enough, because they're competing against the memory of legends (Chow Yun Fat, Dodo Cheng, Au Yeung Pui San, Deng Bik Wan, Liu Wai Hung, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by neverland View Post
    Wow a VERY old remake...wasn't even born yet! Congrats on Wayne getting first lead, even though his intention was simply to entertain he got what he finally deserved, very versatile and perhaps he could gain the Best Actor award one day Wow Eric is acting? I love his singing, though I'm trying to be open minded about his acting. Has he acted before? I dont generally like crossovers with celebrities...
    Eric has acted in tons of TV series already.

Here's his filmography (source: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Eric_Suen)

TV Series
    Shi Shen (CTS, 2007)
    Liao Zhai 2 (2007)
    Tian Xia Tai Ping (2005)
    Legend - A Dream Named Desire II (ATV, 2005)
    The Life and Death Love (2005)
    Endless Love 2 (2005)
    Jiang Shan Mei Ren (2004)
    Seven Warriors (2003)
    Wulong Prince (2002)
    The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung (CTS / TVB, 2001)
    Master Swordsman Lu Xiao Feng II (TCS, 2001)
    Dynasty Doctor (2001)
    Huai Yu Gong Zhu (2000)

Movies
    Ghost School / 鬼学校 (2000)
    Last edited by kidd; 05-11-08 at 05:41 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

TV Series
    Shi Shen (CTS, 2007)
    Liao Zhai 2 (2007)
    Tian Xia Tai Ping (2005)
    Endless Love 2 (2005)
    Seven Warriors (2003)
    Wulong Prince (2002)
    Dynasty Doctor (2001)
    Huai Yu Gong Zhu (2000)

Movies
    Really? Thats good to know, I wont be too worried about any incapabilities! Think I'm looking forward to this series though not too sure about Shirley Yeung but I dont mind her.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

TV Series
    Shi Shen (CTS, 2007)
    Liao Zhai 2 (2007)
    Tian Xia Tai Ping (2005)
    Endless Love 2 (2005)
    Seven Warriors (2003)
    Wulong Prince (2002)
    Dynasty Doctor (2001)
    Huai Yu Gong Zhu (2000)

Movies
    I didn't know Eric Suen has been acting since 2000.

Turns out this series cast is not bad, especially Wayne as lead

When is this series start filming?...I like to see Eric and Shirley as a couple in a long series. I really like them in a short romantic clip.

Default Costume tryout

Costume tryout will be held today

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5124/p2th4.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Costume tryout will be held today

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5124/p2th4.gif')
    What's there to try out, really? This is a modern series. The actors could practically do it in their street clothes.

Unless they are *literally* remaking the 1979 series and getting everybody to dress up as if it were actually 1979 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

What's there to try out, really? This is a modern series. The actors could practically do it in their street clothes.

Unless they are *literally* remaking the 1979 series and getting everybody to dress up as if it were actually 1979 again!
    That is just a literal title where the press get to see the images of the series characters (hair/clothings that matches the character personality etc. ). It's organized for all series; costume or modern.

Ken, we know you feel indignant over the remake - yes it will be nowhere near CYF version but it's just a series and the storyline is totally different.