Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pages of Treasures 《Click入黃金屋》

Default Pages of Treasures 《Click入黃金屋》

Title: Click入黄金屋 Pages of Treasures
    Genre: Modern drama, a piece of life
    Episode: 20
    Producer: Mui Siu Ching

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7388/photo1395289exp4.jpg')

Cast:
    Wayne Lai
    Sonija Kwok
    Eric Suen
    Shirley Yeung
    Paul Chun
    Vivien Yeo
    Lily Ho
    Jason Chan
    Sharon Chan
    Vivi Lee

Filming: Mid May - July 2008
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 04:37 AM.

wayne leading must see now
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Wow Lunar you're sure fast.

Wayne & Eric are brothers in this series. Sonija pairs up with Wayne, Shirley with Eric.

Note: Shirley took part in Eric's MV before, while Vivien is his rumored gf.

Good grief! They're actually remaking this old classic from 1979?

I never thought I'd see the day.

this is an old classic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Good grief! They're actually remaking this old classic from 1979?

I never thought I'd see the day.
    From the news, it's just indicated that this series is the new version but I don't know whether they truly film a remake version. They might re-adapt with different storyline etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    this is an old classic ?
    Yes, a famous one but I never watched it (not born yet!)

this is an old classic ?
    The original was broadcast in Hong Kong from September, 1979 to January, 1980. It starred Chow Yun Fat, Dodo Cheng, Cora Miu, Au Yeung Pui San, Simon Yam, and many others. It's a classic of TVB modern dramas, and the last great TVB classic of the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    From the news, it's just indicated that this series is the new version but I don't know whether they truly film a remake version. They might re-adapt with different storyline etc.
    If it's not a straight remake of the original, you know what would be cool? Make this a SEQUEL...with the new characters being the grown children of some of the original characters from 1979/1980.

Of course, if that's the case, getting Chow Yun Fat to reprise his original role as Ching Wai (thirty years later) would be impossible. Maybe Liu Wai Hung could be recruited to play an older Ching Chan. Dodo Cheng, of course, is still with TVB, and could pull of an older Fong Hei Man.

Thanks Ken for the summary. Hmmm... the original work sounded far from a comedy. I'll change the genre description, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Thanks Ken for the summary. Hmmm... the original work sounded far from a comedy. I'll change the genre description, just in case.
    The original had some comical *moments* (as all dramas do, no matter how serious), but overall, it was pretty dark and grim.

Who could ever forget the scene, however, when Ah Chan ate thirty hamburgers in one go? One of the most hilarious moments in TVB history, and done without today's histrionics.

Surviving difficult days, finally leading in new series
    Wayne Lai saves Sonija Kwok from unpopularity

After collaboration with Roger Kwok, Sonija will be paired up with Wayne Lai - looks like there's hope for turning a new leaf!

Recently Wayne has became popular among TVB's lineup of actors and producers are fighting over for him to lead in their series. He's also been given the responsibility to help Sonija to clean her image after her rumored scandal with Michael Tao which led to his marriage breakdown. From Mr Nice Guy (Roger), now it's Good Husband (Wayne) turn.

Wayne started from TVB acting school and has acted for more than 20 years. He finally become successful, leaving the supporting actors league to become leading actor. There's news report of him leading in Lee Tim Seng costume drama in July. However, the real 1st series he's leading in is Mui Siu Ching new series 《新網中人》in mid May. In the series, Wayne portrayed brothers with Eric Suen and pairs up with Sonija Kwok. Eric will be having romantic storyline with Shirley Yeung.

Regarding him finally becoming a leading actor, Wayne expressed happiness and hopes not to disappoint anyone. Wayne's acting has always received compliments and they feel unfair for him not being appreciated. Wayne admits that he felt disappointed before but thinks that an actor should not calculate too much. As long as he can continue acting and portraying the roles he enjoyed, that is already satisfying enough. "In the entertainment circle, good looks and diligence doesn't guarantee success. This time, I can be a good role model for those suffering actors (supporting actors who can't get leading roles), showing them as long as you persevere, there are still opportunities."

On helping Sonija to clean her image, Wayne says: "Don't use the word 'help'; I worked with Sonija on "Greatness of a Hero" 《盛世人傑》, she is a hardworking actress. She is also a victim of that incidence (referring to the rumor)". He is very confident as he never had rumors because he goes straight home to look after his son after work. Therefore he won't have rumors with his co-stars, assuring Sonija not to worry.

---------------------------

Notes: Wayne declined Leung Choi Yuen's series to participate in Lee Tim Seng series in July with Sheren Tang.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=23778

It's true that TVB is pairing up Sonija with 'safe' actors to prevent tabloids from denting her image. Roger, Kent Cheng, Wayne Lai.
    Last edited by sehseh; 05-02-08 at 04:33 AM.

Mr. Lai has his work cut out for him if he's taking over a role that Chow Yun Fat made famous thirty years ago. Huang Xiao Ming of China had some success last year taking on Chow's most famous role, of course.

I guess that's the strategy now: run out of ideas for new series? Remake old Chow Yun Fat classics from the 1970s and 1980s.

Of course, I advocated TVB doing this exact thing ten years ago...

Ken, this one is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxm8fvjbT8

I wish Cora didn't quit after 8eps. In fact, I like her more than Dodo.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    Ken, this one is better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isxm8fvjbT8

I wish Cora didn't quit after 8eps. In fact, I like her more than Dodo.
    There was some controversy surrounding this at the time. Did Cora quit, or was she fired? I vaguely remember that she was fired from TVB during the production of the series over some sort of dispute (she never returned to TVB again). It put TVB in a real bind because they had already begun setting her character up as the secondary love interest, then they had to abruptly kill off her character and replace her with Au Yeung Pui San's character (which might have worked out for the best).

I think Cora's character made it as far as the 16th or 17th episode before being killed off, however.

Heh, and yeah, that's the first edition of the opening theme used for the first twenty-five episodes or so. They replaced it with the Au Yeung Pui San version later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There was some controversy surrounding this at the time. Did Cora quit, or was she fired? I vaguely remembered that she was fired from TVB during the production of the series over some sort of dispute (she never returned to TVB again). It put TVB in real bind because they had already begun setting her character up as the secondary love interest, then they had to rapidly kill off her character and replace her with Au Yeung Pui San's character (which might have worked out for the best).

I think Cora's character made it as far as the 16th or 17th episode before being killed off, however.

Heh, and yeah, that's the first edition of the opening theme used for the first twenty-five episodes or so. They replaced it with the Au Yeung Pui San version later.
    No, she wasn't fired. Newspaper said that she was getting tired of filming, and she was dating at that time. TVB explained it as she quitted due to her personal reasons. Wong Jing also explained it at one of the RTHK radio shows.

hmm now im really interested in giving this series a try

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    No, she wasn't fired. Newspaper said that she was getting tired of filming, and she was dating at that time. TVB explained it as she quitted due to her personal reasons. Wong Jing also explained it at one of the RTHK radio shows.
    It was awkward, because the opening theme showed that Cora's character would become the second love interest of Chow Yun Fat's character (Ching Wai), but of course, this subplot was stillborn. Fortunately, Cora's character got written out before that subplot got anywhere near serious.

This series took a little while to find its momentum, as the first fifteen to twenty episodes were spent exploring who each of the characters were (try to take THAT luxury of pacing with today's series). The plot didn't seriously begin to accelerate until around Episode 20.

hmm now im really interested in giving this series a try
    It was an excellent series with great writing, great directing, and great acting. Truly a classic. Be prepared, however, for the somewhat slower pace of 1970s dramas. It was a less rushed, more thoughtful time than today. For those who didn't grow up with it, it could be jarring at first.

If you have the patience for it, however, you will be richly rewarded.