Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Man

Default Iron Man

Looks amazing. 94% of critics gave it positive reviews. 80% on Metacritic. Seven oscar nominees in the cast. What could go wrong?

Having Oscar winners/nominees in a picture does not guarantee a movie will be successful. If the script and plot suck, star power will do little good.

However, based on the reviews thus far, it appears that Iron Man ain't half bad. I'm thinking of checking it out. Glad to see that Robert Downey Jr got his life back on track and started acting again. I wouldn't have been surprised if he had OD on drugs and went to see his Maker years ago.
    Last edited by tweety365; 05-02-08 at 05:35 PM.

i'll go see it 2morrow....will give u guys a review

well, i saw it last night....n i must say...damn, this movie is FREAKING GOOD!!!!! i don't like Robert Jr tat much but man, i'm starting to like him now!...can't wait for Iron Man 2 to come out...maybe about 2 years from now....go see it!!!!

This movie is better than Batman Begins. Yeah, it's that good.

Did anyone else see the after-credits?? It hints at a future Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Did anyone else see the after-credits?? It hints at a future Avengers movie.
    yea....the black nick fury appeared at the end....lol....

I saw this last weekend. I must say it was the best comic-book-superhero movie i've seen since X-Men II/Spiderman 2. Great plot for a movie that needed to setup the background story. It didn't drag on like other superhero movie (eg The Hulk). Robert Downey Jr was likeable as Tony Stark. His "playboy" antic was kept to a minimal and gave good comical relief moments. What I found surprising was Gwyneth Paltrow. She's aged a lot since I last saw her in an acting role. In fact I thought she looked older than Robert Downey. This isn't an issue I suppose if you like your damsel-in-distress mature..but i prefer them young

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    yea....the black nick fury appeared at the end....lol....
    Is that Samuel L. Jackson?

Iron Man Gross 104M friday to Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Is that Samuel L. Jackson?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Yes, it was Samuel L. Jackson.
    What's funny is the black Nick Fury cartoon character was model after Samuel L Jackson to begin with.

Looks like Marvel is setting the stage for Avengers the movie.
    Bringing together, Iron man, Hulk, Captain America, etc.

Imagine all the big name actor in one BIG superhero movie? It's gonna be pretty awesome. That and because it's never been done before in Hollywood so comic fans are pretty excited over this. I heard rumor that Robert Downey Jr will make a special cameo in the new Hulk movie. Tony Stark is already invited into the Avengers by Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson), so now they are gonna go after the rest.

Marvel has their own studio in Hollywood now as well, so they'll be making all the future super hero movie, starting with their first ever film, Iron man. The Incredible Hulk is their next one, then possibly Captain America and so forth.
    Last edited by FishingPole; 05-05-08 at 01:02 AM.

saw the movie and enjoyed it! it was definitely a solid "origin" movie that was well done with a witty script and good cast. i enjoyed it so much more than i did batman begins, which was boring imo...especially katie holmes, who i find really annoying in that movie. as a matter of fact, though i neither like holmes nor paltrow, i actually like paltrow in iron man.

downey was fun and delivered his quick lines very well. he does come across as a smart business man and paltrow as a good personal assistant. will be awaiting the next part to this movie. i think i'd rather see iron man 2 than the avengers movie (captain america really does not appeal to me as a superhero).
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    captain america really does not appeal to me as a superhero).
    His storyline is actually pretty sad though.

-EDIT-
    He was injected with something by the government and became a super soldier, then froze in ice. Many many years later after they uncover him, he came back to life just to find everything change. His girlfriend married to his best friend. Everyone he knew are either old or dead, so now he's alone.

Atleast that's how it went in the Avenger arc anyways.

If done right, Captain America the movie could be pretty good.

Just gotta give it a chance.
    Last edited by FishingPole; 05-05-08 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingPole View Post
    His storyline is actually pretty sad though. So it might turn out pretty good. Just gotta give it a chance.

i will definitely see a movie base on captain america if it's done well. however, i think that after all the time the director spent on building iron man's origin (which was fun), i want to see him kick butt in the next movie.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i will definitely see a movie base on captain america if it's done well. however, i think that after all the time the director spent on building iron man's origin (which was fun), i want to see him kick butt in the next movie.
    The studio has already greenlight Iron man sequal, so yes, Stark will return to kick more butt.

By the way, I edit my post above yours.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by FishingPole View Post
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Yes, it was Samuel L. Jackson.
    What's funny is the black Nick Fury cartoon character was model after Samuel L Jackson to begin with.

Looks like Marvel is setting the stage for Avengers the movie.
    Bringing together, Iron man, Hulk, Captain America, etc.

Imagine all the big name actor in one BIG superhero movie? It's gonna be pretty awesome. That and because it's never been done before in Hollywood so comic fans are pretty excited over this. I heard rumor that Robert Downey Jr will make a special cameo in the new Hulk movie. Tony Stark is already invited into the Avengers by Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson), so now they are gonna go after the rest.

Marvel has their own studio in Hollywood now as well, so they'll be making all the future super hero movie, starting with their first ever film, Iron man. The Incredible Hulk is their next one, then possibly Captain America and so forth.
    thanx for the spoiler

$200 million over the weekend worldwide

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

With the introduction of the 10 rings organizations in this movie, it is clearly foreshadowing the arrival of the Mandarin as the main villain in the sequel and also the appearance of "War Machine" with the Rhodey quote
    Next time baby
    after briefly looking at the Mark II armor

Was a fantastic movie... I suggest if you haven't seen it, go see it!!!!
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

As someone who grew up reading alot of IRON MAN comics in the 1970s and 1980s, I must say that this movie was awesome. Robert Downey Jr. really brought Tony Stark/Iron Man to life.

This movie is great, and Downey Jr. did a great job as Stark. I like the story even I was not a reader of Iron Man (Now, I shall betray Spiderman).

My question is....what happened to Stark, is that piece of energy light considerably his heart? A replacement of his heart? Errr,...if someone undergo such surgery in real life, has it possible? (Of course I'm only curious...I won't do it. Lmao!)
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?