Thread: I need help!

Default I need help!

Any HR people around? I got a 2nd interview for an accounting job tomorrow. I only have one suit that I already wore to my first interview. There's not enough time to buy something else and I don't think I can wear the suit again, since the HR person already saw me in it and he'll be the one bringing me over to see the other guy. The first interview just happened yesterday when he saw me in it. I would have had the second interview on the day of my first, but the CFO who will be interviewing me was in a meeting. I'm worried because I don't know what kind of questions will he ask me. I was somewhat prepared for the first guy who ask really general questions such as tell me about yourself, the school and experiences I have had at my job, and what do I want in a boss.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Don't fret too much over your outfit. If you don't have another suit, then just re-wear the one that you have. As long as it's cleaned and pressed to promote a professional image, then it is acceptable. You should change the under shirt just to give the outfit a different look.

Congrats on landing the second interview. It means that you’ve passed the screening process and is one step closer to getting the job. Yes, the idea of meeting the CFO or CEO of a company can be quite intimidating. However, most of the time, the meeting involves a lot of listening on your end because the big Kahuna tends to do most of the talking/boasting/promoting the company and trying to convince you to work for them. One suggestion is to ask A LOT of questions. Questions (good or bad) reflect the candidate’s character. In addition, good insightful question is an indication that the candidate is knowledgeable about the company and is serious about the job. I highly recommend doing some research on the company in advance. The information will give you a better insight into the company’s culture and help you form your questions and answers more efficiently.

A lot of deep breathing in and out before the interview helps calm my nerves. Good luck with the interview!

Quote Originally Posted by bach_ngoc17 View Post
    Any HR people around? I got a 2nd interview for an accounting job tomorrow. I only have one suit that I already wore to my first interview. There's not enough time to buy something else and I don't think I can wear the suit again, since the HR person already saw me in it and he'll be the one bringing me over to see the other guy. The first interview just happened yesterday when he saw me in it. I would have had the second interview on the day of my first, but the CFO who will be interviewing me was in a meeting. I'm worried because I don't know what kind of questions will he ask me. I was somewhat prepared for the first guy who ask really general questions such as tell me about yourself, the school and experiences I have had at my job, and what do I want in a boss.
    Pretty much the same thing Bellamia said. Most of the time, companies ask behavioral questions since they know that you will go through training. The most important thing is, "always ask questions at the end."

Thanks for the responses you two. I feel so much better now.

Just be confident, try to connect with the interviewers, and smile a lot.
    Good luck
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」