Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spiciest foods

The spiciest Thai food I had was in Minneapolis. My God, it took me so long to eat 1/2 of the little noodle bowl. I needed to take a 5 minute break per every 3 mouthfuls, in order to keep my mouth alive. And I'm from Sichuan, I eat spicy stuff all the time!

That was the result of me telling them I want "very spicy." From then on I got a new perspective on what those 2 words could entail at certain establishments.

As far as in Mainland China, somebody told me that Guizhou people eat the spiciest foods. Sichuan foods are famous for being spicy, but another quality that differentiates it from Hunan food style, is that Sichuan dishes mix numbness with spiciness. Sichuan is Ma La (numbingly spicy), while Hunan is just La (spicy) or Bao La (purely spicy).
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I think the thais got it for the heat. I have yet to try the SIchuan hot pot.. it looks really tempting.

and kim chee isn't spicy Who believes it is here?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

and kim chee isn't spicy Who believes it is here?
    tsk...store bought Kimchee doesn't count. You got to try the homemade kinds that hommonyee makes....ummmm...they are spicylious!!!!

Hands down it has to be Thai.

It's too bad they don't use habenero peppers. I eat those off the stem like candy.

BTW, PJ, which Thai restaurant in MPLS? There's an assortment of them here. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

definitely thai food! omg, if you've ever had their authentic papaya salad, then you'll understand why. seriously, i'm already sweating just smelling the darn spicy salad.

but i've had boiling crab's whole sha-bang shrimps (louisiana style seafood) in medium and it's already too hot for me. i've gotten too weak to handle spice in my old age.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I like spicy food like fruit salad or other spicy food. But I don't like wasabi.

Wasabi is very hot and the taste is very queer.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    BTW, PJ, which Thai restaurant in MPLS? There's an assortment of them here. . .
    I don't remember; it's been several years since I went there. All I know is it's located near a Big Bowl (but the restaurant I'm talking about is not Big Bowl).

So Gugu, aren't you from (around) Minneapolis? Can you identify this Thai restaurant (as "detailed" above) that almost crippled my taste buds 5 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    So Gugu, aren't you from (around) Minneapolis? Can you identify this Thai restaurant (as "detailed" above) that almost crippled my taste buds 5 years ago?
    loser! i knew i shouldn't have clicked on this thread! argh! umm btw..... R:A is asking you which restaurant for a reason. I believe he'll be your best resource at identifying the name. ^_^;

and you guys think thai food is spicy? hahaha i suppose
    and yes, i do like them really spicy too. i actually cook with habaneros every now and then. and just a few weeks ago we had a pepper eating game. well, only 4 of us ate the fresh habanero and the other ones backed out. wanna know how i looked like after the taste hit? go watch suju's exploration of the human body and watch hangeng when he ate it. my face turned red and i was crying.

and bella! i'm so glad you brought up homemade kimchi! i make my own kimchi too! and i use the thai prik ki noo instead of the regular korean kimchi pepper. hehehe my friend had the store bought kimchi before and when she came to my house she wanted to try my kimchi. let's just say, she took one bite and started to run after me with her fist. hahaha

R:A i still haven't gotten my ramen.

Hmm. . .could it be a Taste of Thailand? That's in uptown Minneapolis by Sushi Tango. Then again, there's a lot of restaurants in the Eat Street area as well. . .

PJ, you remember if it was by Chino Latino? And what was it you ordered? The Tum Yum Goong?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    Hmm. . .could it be a Taste of Thailand? That's in uptown Minneapolis by Sushi Tango. Then again, there's a lot of restaurants in the Eat Street area as well. . .

PJ, you remember if it was by Chino Latino? And what was it you ordered? The Tum Yum Goong?
    I think I ordered Pad Thai. I told them to make it "very spicy." This was a rather small restaurant, and they played upbeat Thai pop music when I was there.

Default spiciest foods

Hi Guys,
    I like the Chinese food. I like very much noodles and Manchurian also. I like hot and spicy Chinese foods.Its great na!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/prashant/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.logosguide.com/caines/images/chinese-food.jpg')

I was in this Szechuan restaurant, which specializes in spicy stuff. One dish was some sort of mince pork. I was the only Cantonese person at the table and my friends (from school) were ragging on me about Cantonese folks not being able to tolerate spicy foods, so I took a spoonful of the pork and ate it at once. Holycrap it was the first time ever I nearly gag on something spicy. But, I tried very hard to not show it so not to embarrass my fellow Cantonese ppl. Tears started welling up in my eyes, and my face started turning red, luckily the lighting was dim so I don't think they noticed it or let me off the hook for at least trying.

I shoulda known it was major league stuff, there was three peppers next to the dish name on the menu.
    This account is retired.

Wow, I love this thread since I love spicy food. More pics please. Laksa looks so good!

I think that Thailand has the spicest food, second to come is korean Kimchi. Its very spicy but nice.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    I was in this Szechuan restaurant, which specializes in spicy stuff. One dish was some sort of mince pork. I was the only Cantonese person at the table and my friends (from school) were ragging on me about Cantonese folks not being able to tolerate spicy foods, so I took a spoonful of the pork and ate it at once. Holycrap it was the first time ever I nearly gag on something spicy. But, I tried very hard to not show it so not to embarrass my fellow Cantonese ppl. Tears started welling up in my eyes, and my face started turning red, luckily the lighting was dim so I don't think they noticed it or let me off the hook for at least trying.

I shoulda known it was major league stuff, there was three peppers next to the dish name on the menu.
    It's ok, eating spice is not that good for your health anyway.

Nice story though