Thread: Do you twitter?

Default Do you twitter?

Twitter's a great tool for micro-blogging or just to stay in contact with your friends and family. We set up a twitter account at http://twitter.com/spcnet

It'll be used to connect with our members and to make site announcements - it will be especially useful if (God forbid) our server ever goes down and you need to find out why/when/how.

Who here actually uses it?
    -SC

so this is like a facebook kinda thing or a msn kinda thing?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I squeak.

Haha. :P

Only birds and girls twitter.
    I had nothing but troubles with trying to sign up. I think it was because of my pop-up blocker which I hate disabling because of the crappy links they open up behind the scene. I gave up trying.
    Last edited by JamesG; 05-13-08 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    so this is like a facebook kinda thing or a msn kinda thing?
    It's like friendster's friendfeed, except you can hook twitter up to your mobile phone or instant messenger so that you get messaged whenever people you're following updates.

One possible usage that's pretty cool: you create a twitter account that your friends subscribe to. You guys decide to meet at a bar after work. You change location at the last minute so you send an update to twitter that will broadcast this to all your friends immediately. Your friends will get this message via SMS on phone or IM or whatever device they chose on their twitter settings. Everyone meets at the right bar.

Another cooler scenario: you subscribe to spcnet's twitter feed and get latest site announcements wherever you are (given you hook it up to your mobile phone). You'll know when spcnet tells you Forbidden Kingdom sucks and get off the line for movie tickets.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Only birds and girls twitter.
    I had nothing but troubles with trying to sign up. I think it was because of my pop-up blocker which I hate disabling because of the crappy links they open up behind the scene. I gave up trying.
    It's probably their image verification check to see if you are human. IE may ask if you want to block nonsecure links - their image verification - from showing up (or your pop-up blocker does this). So twitter thinks you're a robot...
    -SC