Thread: Jing Wu Chen Zhen 2008 - Jordan Chan, Dong Jie

Default Jing Wu Chen Zhen 2008 - Jordan Chan, Dong Jie

Jordan Chan returns as Chen Zhen...

This has just been released... Jing Wu Chen Zhen is the sequel to Huo Yuan Jia 2007 (which starred Ekin Cheng) and also a remake of the 1980s ATV series Chen Zhen.

Opening theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3s4O-ZpThI

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.daqing.net/news/ent/upimg/20070903/102131_01_876.jpg')

Remake again....
    But there Dong Jie and jordan chan... that make it more interesting. I hope!

Thumbs down

Huo Yuan Jia 2007 fight scenes have been mediocre; the camera movement, the audio accompanying the fights and the fighting coreograph itself are not impressive. I'll expect a sequel to Huo Yuan Jia 2007 with the same quality.

I too wasn't impressed with HYJ2007's fight scene. I expected this will be the same but here is one fight scene and it doesn't look too bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X4ptebtvcs

i've seen this film, though i didn't understand what they were saying but i got the juice of the story.

there where some good fighting scenes but most of the time i was left dissapointed, the ending fight scene wasnt very exciting. the action director overused some moves, the rest was just okay.

Dong Jie and Jordan Chan did okay i guess, but their chemistry was very lacking, they didn't fit each other at all, Dong Jie had better chemistry with her brother, when she cried for him it was more believable then when she cried for jordan.

anyone know who tat actor is? Dong Jie fitted with him alot more, and they had alot of scenes that showed how close they were, it bordered on almost romantic for me. which is...eww...

Jordan chan underacted badly, i guess its because he naturally has a pretty goofy looking face so when he acted as Chan Zhen he had to put on a serious face that made him look stiff.

i was also expecting more plot with Chan Zhen but by the end of the series, he was more as backup to Dong Jie's character, he followed her around and helped her deal with her problems, most of the things he did afterwards was to help her.

if anyone notice, most of the scenes they are together he always stands behine her, like her bodyguard, cute but also detracks from the character.

Chan Zhen was suppose to be a man who was fighting for his country, not fighting for a woman, most of his earlier fight scenes involved her or for her, it wasn't till the end that he decided to fight the japanese one last time. but then again, that japanese guy, Norman Tse (i think), wanted to kill Dong Jie and the people around Chan Zhen, so it was more like protection for them then the country.
    Last edited by Linda; 05-16-08 at 01:41 AM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I just watched this series and I quite agree with Linda about it. I think the acting is quite ok. Dong Jie did a good job and Jordan Chan too. His face in fighting is very emotional and bloody .
    But I think the story is only good at the beginning when he was in disguise to protect a child. The remaining part is a bit meaningless, especially the "sacrifice" chain. A kid was sacrificed to save another kid. Then Chen Zhen sacrificed himself to save that kid. Then, again, his friend sacrificed himself to save him. He fought very hard, even captured a person, to save a kid but later, be captured so that his friends need to lose so many things to save him back, what is the meaning for that????
    The story also shows that Chen Zhen is a hero but a very stupid and selfish hero. In the whole series, he only killed two people. The first one is to seek revenge for his wife's brother, and the second one is his ultimate enemy. He never killed others, even they tried to kill him or his friends. Even if his purpose is to kill the boss, he never killed the followers and therefore, those followers kept bother him again and again. Is it a little stupid??? His reason of death is also very selfish. I personally think his wife is very pity. If he stayed in the city just to burn the supply for the occupying force, that is a great act to benefit his country. But if he went to kill some japanese guys whose jobs are totally finished, his country does not benefit at all, he himself was killed and his one-day wife was heartbroken, this action I think is very selfish and stupid. A hero that never considers others' feeling is a hero???

how come the storyline for this one is different than the 1995 version (the one with donnie yen)?
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

the story of chen zhen isn't well establish. most ppl's view differ. u would see the one from donnie yen's version is different from the ones wit Leung Siu Long and Bruce Lee (they are not the same ppl).
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

will there be any more actors or actresses from huo yuan jia 07 making an appearance in this series? (other than chen zhen and his younger bro)
    WU ZUN ! <3

I actually really enjoy this series. I agree that the love stories were not that interesting, and the chemistry between Jordan and the main actress was lacking and again very boring. But I enjoy every time Jordan is on screen or comming to rescue. I enjoy the fight sence also, way better than HYJ2007!

I've 3 clips of this up on my Youtube.

Watch the series from 2001 with Vicent Zhao as Huo and Wu Yue as Chen instead.

The series is kinda silly and fairly predictable but at least the actors can fight a bit.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner