Thread: Three Persian Ming Cultists Formation vs. Shaolin Demon-Subduing Formation

Default Three Persian Ming Cultists Formation vs. Shaolin Demon-Subduing Formation

In HSDS, there were two powerful three-fighter formations that gave even Cheung Mo Gei trouble: the formation of the Three Persian Ming Cult Emissaries, and the Demon-Subduing Formation of Shaolin's Dao-generation monks. Cheung Mo Gei was able to overcome both, but not without great difficulty.

So...what if the Three Persian Ming Cult Emissaries were to use their formation against Shaolin's Demon-Subduing Formation as practiced by the Dao-generation monks? Which of the two formations prevails?

I would say Du Monks. Their formation gets stronger as it gets smaller, and it will take no less than a Great to break it.

and wasn't the shaolin demon-subduing formation designed to combat unorthodox martial arts? so i venture to believe that shaolin will win over the persian emissaries.

ZWJ only had trouble fighting the Persian cultists because their martial arts were totally wacko. After a while, he got used to them and defeated them with relative ease (relative to the difficulty he had against the Du monks)

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    ZWJ only had trouble fighting the Persian cultists because their martial arts were totally wacko. After a while, he got used to them and defeated them with relative ease (relative to the difficulty he had against the Du monks)
    It was more a matter of Cheung Mo Gei finally getting the complete Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee from the Emissaries' Sacred Flame Tablets. Since the Emissaries' martial arts (and their formation) were based on the Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee, once Cheung Mo Gei had the entire thing, he knew how to attack all of their weaknesses.

the Persian formation was preformed by pretty weak ppl. the shaolin formation was performed by the highest ranked monks of all of shaolin. if both persian and shaolin formations was performed by ppl of the same rank it would be hard to know which is better. u wouldn't necessarily be able to justify that the shaolin formation was stronger just cause wuji defeated the persian formation with ease.

These two seems to be the best formations portrayed in HSDS. Although it would be interesting to see how Wudang's Zhenwu Formation with only three men would fare against these two formations.
    ..ext88

I think we can be pretty certain that JY's bias towards Central Plains culture would dictate that the Shaolin formation would top the Persian one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It was more a matter of Cheung Mo Gei finally getting the complete Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee from the Emissaries' Sacred Flame Tablets. Since the Emissaries' martial arts (and their formation) were based on the Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee, once Cheung Mo Gei had the entire thing, he knew how to attack all of their weaknesses.
    That wasn't it. The tablets only contained a few wacky moves that have traces of the 1st Level of QKDNY.

ZWJ's struggle with the Persians' weird martial arts only highlights his inexperience. He could've blasted all 3 of them into oblivion with his 9 Yang & MA at the time instead of worrying about how to solve their wacky moves. To be fair though, as usual, he wasn't really trying to fight them and didn't want to kill anyone.

ZWJ later on did use the Tablets kungfu (backed up with QKDNY level 7 and 9 Yang) against the 3 Shaolin monks and nearly got himself killed if it weren't for Xie Xun telling him to quit it and switch back to his usual styles. There you go, Ken: the Shaolin formation won.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I think we can be pretty certain that JY's bias towards Central Plains culture would dictate that the Shaolin formation would top the Persian one.
    +1

That's probably how it is.

i agree with candide's analysis. the shaolin formation was meant to combat "devil" moves and wuji's use of the persian style was like making a demon bathe in holy water.

So the Central Plains top kungfu being superior to that of outsiders, does that also mean the Murong family's Shifting Stars is better than Qiankun Danuoyi?
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    So the Central Plains top kungfu being superior to that of outsiders, does that also mean the Murong family's Shifting Stars is better than Qiankun Danuoyi?
    The Murong family didn't originate from the Central Plains. They were descendants of the Xianbei, IIRC.

Edit: that's confirmed - just checked the novel, and see also this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xianbei

The Xianbei people actually consisted of a federation of sizeable non-Han groups of which the most important was the Tuoba (拓跋). They first became a significant part of Chinese culture during the Han Dynasty, where they occupied the steppes in Mongolia, Hebei and Liaodong. After the fall of the Han dynasty, the Xianbei formed a number of empires of their own, including the Yan Dynasty, Western Qin, Southern Liang and most significantly, the Northern Wei (see Sixteen Kingdoms). By the time of the Tang dynasty they had largely merged with Han populace by adopting its customs, administration and language. The emperors Yang Guang of the Sui Dynasty and Li Yuan of the Tang Dynasty were born of Xianbei mothers and therefore half-Xianbei.
    Remember how the Murongs went on and on about restoring the Yan dynasty?
    Last edited by Candide; 05-19-08 at 09:46 PM.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the persian ming cultist were about the same level as central plains ming guardians only. the du generation monks were far superior and equal to ZWJ with QKDNY and fire tablet skill, while the ming cultist were not.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    ZWJ's struggle with the Persians' weird martial arts only highlights his inexperience.
    What about Jinhua Popo? She was subdued in one stance. She has 20+ years of experience.

He could've blasted all 3 of them into oblivion with his 9 Yang & MA at the time instead of worrying about how to solve their wacky moves.
    I have some doubts. Judging by how fast the Persian messengers moved, I think they could easily evade the LDAs and move around to attack Zhang in other areas. Even though Zhang has the advantage of 9 Yang auto-protect, we can see that it doesn't protect himself against the messengers' sharp needles.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

On the original topic, I think the Shaolin formation would win easily. The Persian formation is good against a single person, but I doubt it would be effective against a well-guarded 3-person formation.

OK, now that I've gotten further in the novel, I've found that Jinhua Popo intentionally underperformed against the 3 Persians, so that she could disguise her Persian identity. So I retract my earlier statement about her.