Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bao Qing Tian 2007

I love Boa Qing tian seires, this one looks good. The cases good?

I've never seen a Judge Bao series, though I've heard about them. Why is the actor made up to look so dark-skinned?

And is this a mainland series? I recognize one actor, the swordsman in the blue robe on the poster, from a Taiwanese series I have on VCD. I can't remember his name.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I've never seen a Judge Bao series, though I've heard about them. Why is the actor made up to look so dark-skinned?

And is this a mainland series? I recognize one actor, the swordsman in the blue robe on the poster, from a Taiwanese series I have on VCD. I can't remember his name.
    its the way bao qing tian is. historically, he has always been described as very dark-skinned and having a crescent moon-shaped scar on his forehead. its just the way the guy is
    and i have no idea what kind of series this is, since ive never watched them. ive only ever watched the young judge bao series.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post

his name is kenny ho, he played in the first judge bao series, then he never played again as zhan zhao until now ( the best thing about judge bao ) after that many actors have played this zhan zhao character

This series is now out in vietdub just in case anyone wants to check it in their video rental stores. The name goes by Bao Thanh Thien II. If it was directly translated then the Chinese version should be called "Bao Qing Tian II."

I'm currently on the second case and have finished watching the first case. The first case is a redo of the classic case where a cat is traded in place of a prince and the rightful queen was banished to the cold palace. My take on the redo - for me, on an overall scale, everything was played out very nicely and it was a good case. However, what I found lacking was the change in character. They made the eunuch (Quach Hue/Guo Huai ?) very cowardice and even dimwitted when he was supposed to be conniving, scheming, and daring. Part of this is attributed to the actor's looks, he did not look anywhere near scheming or even evil. Rather he looked comical, cowardice, and dimwitted. In the original one, he was the one that initiated the idea of the cat trade with the prince. However, in this case, they basically made the queen at fault for everything and he was just a follower - a coward one. Also, the scene where the maid returned as a ghost to make him confess to Bao Zheng wasn't as memorable. If I remember correctly, in the old case, Bao Zheng had another person played the maid however, the ghost of the maid really did came back and possessed the double. However, in this one, the double was just an actress from some opera and there was no real supernatural phenomenon going on, which made it lack the mystical feel that the old one evoked, thus less memorable.

As for the second case, this is the one with Zhan Zhao falling in love. I haven't finished it yet and will voice my opinion on it later once I finish it.

Pics of the First Case

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20071218/Img254153862.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20071218/Img254153854.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20071218/Img254153856.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20071218/Img254153838.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20071218/Img254153858.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20071218/Img254153826.jpg')
    Last edited by Nightingale; 11-16-08 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    its the way bao qing tian is. historically, he has always been described as very dark-skinned and having a crescent moon-shaped scar on his forehead. its just the way the guy is
    and i have no idea what kind of series this is, since ive never watched them. ive only ever watched the young judge bao series.
    I just want to clarify that the fact that he is dark face with a crescent moon mark isn't historically accurate. It was just how the ancient Chinese operas portrayed him to be.

His dark skin and crescent moon are supposed to represent justice and impartiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    I just want to clarify that the fact that he is dark face with a crescent moon mark isn't historically accurate. It was just how the ancient Chinese operas portrayed him to be.
    oh really? i didnt know that! thanks for correcting me
    that's interesting. so i guess the real guy in history didnt have anything special?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh really? i didnt know that! thanks for correcting me
    that's interesting. so i guess the real guy in history didnt have anything special?
    Of course he was special, regardless of whether he possessed certain conspicuous physical facets or not. Otherwise, why would his legacy render him the epitome of justice for so many ?

I'm watching this series now and the three actors are still very good at their roles. Gongsun Ce is so cute. He's so perceptive, I mean more preceptive than anyone.
    I watched the one with the Cat switch with Prince story (which is a famous Justice Pao story). The 2nd one with Eddie Kwan wasn't nearly as interesting. Though Eddie looked good in his armor and stuff. I didn't like the story of his younger sister and Zhan Zhao.

I'm watching the third story with Benny Chan and he looks much better in this series than he did in that series with Sunny Chan and Linda Chung. I didn't know ZZ has a younger sister or any family left. They always protrayed ZZ without family. I sorta like ZZ's sister, she's smart and quick-witted person.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Qin_Shu_Bao View Post
    Of course he was special, regardless of whether he possessed certain conspicuous physical facets or not. Otherwise, why would his legacy render him the epitome of justice for so many ?
    oh oops. i meant like, physically.

I read somewhere Eric Suen is in this series too? Where?

For more information of the historical Bao Zheng/Justice Bao:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bao_Qingtian
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-01-08 at 02:02 AM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I'm watching this series now and the three actors are still very good at their roles. Gongsun Ce is so cute. He's so perceptive, I mean more preceptive than anyone.
    I watched the one with the Cat switch with Prince story (which is a famous Justice Pao story). The 2nd one with Eddie Kwan wasn't nearly as interesting. Though Eddie looked good in his armor and stuff. I didn't like the story of his younger sister and Zhan Zhao.

I'm watching the third story with Benny Chan and he looks much better in this series than he did in that series with Sunny Chan and Linda Chung. I didn't know ZZ has a younger sister or any family left. They always protrayed ZZ without family. I sorta like ZZ's sister, she's smart and quick-witted person.
    what happen in the second case, i don't mind spoiler please

Quote Originally Posted by kblyear View Post
    what happen in the second case, i don't mind spoiler please
    I skipped the ending of the 2nd case, so I don't know.

I skipped the ending of the 2nd case, so I don't know.
    that bad huh? what didn't you like about zhanzhao with his sister(who's sister btw,eddie kwan sister?) ?

that bad huh? what didn't you like about zhanzhao with his sister(who's sister btw,eddie kwan sister?) ?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Eddie Kwan's sister (she's in the first page of this thread). ZZ first saved her from some bandits trying to sexually harrass her. They immediately fell for each other. She's got this disease where she coughs up blood and GongSun Ce at first can't cure her and then finds a cure. But ZZ is acting all loverboy and blah when she's just a weakling and I don't know why she's attractive (personality wise). Why is that ZZ likes damsels in distress? I don't like it. Eddie plays the bad guy and well the case isn't all that interesting.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Eddie Kwan's sister (she's in the first page of this thread). ZZ first saved her from some bandits trying to sexually harrass her. They immediately fell for each other. She's got this disease where she coughs up blood and GongSun Ce at first can't cure her and then finds a cure. But ZZ is acting all loverboy and blah when she's just a weakling and I don't know why she's attractive (personality wise). Why is that ZZ likes damsels in distress? I don't like it. Eddie plays the bad guy and well the case isn't all that interesting.
    yea i know what you meant, not kind of my character type either, i kinda forget who are zhanzhao's ( kenny ho's version) love interest in the old judge bao ( i think more than one), but i do remember one case, when zhanzhao fell in love with a girl that turn out to be the villain, she died anyway, kill her self, i don't know zhanzhao has a sister, too bad , she looks good with zhanzhao as a couple,maybe she adopted, did'nt have blood related to zhanzhao,
    Last edited by kblyear; 12-01-08 at 04:19 AM.

So far, case 1 is pretty much a remake of the more classic version. Case two was way too draggy for my taste. I only found case 3 to be the most interesting so far. Hopefully the remainder cases will be much more interesting and less draggy.

yea i know what you meant, not kind of my character type either, i kinda forget who are zhanzhao's ( kenny ho's version) love interest in the old judge bao ( i think more than one), but i do remember one case, when zhanzhao fell in love with a girl that turn out to be the villain, she died anyway, kill her self, i don't know zhanzhao has a sister, too bad , she looks good with zhanzhao as a couple,maybe she adopted, did'nt have blood related to zhanzhao,

Yeah, I watched that one too. I believe Mimi Kung played that love interest for ZZ.

Also, in another case, ZZ met this damsel in distress that looked EXACTLY like his fiance who died ( I assumed the fiance is the Eddie Kwan's sister here? don't know, didn't watch the whole thing).
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Yeah, I watched that one too. I believe Mimi Kung played that love interest for ZZ.

Also, in another case, ZZ met this damsel in distress that looked EXACTLY like his fiance who died ( I assumed the fiance is the Eddie Kwan's sister here? don't know, didn't watch the whole thing).
    You know, I've pretty much given up on ZZ having happy love life where he gets married and have kids because IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! He's destined to serve Justice Bao for the rest of his life and have no love life.