Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70

Thread: Which Asian singers have the best singing tone?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,215

    Default

    The late 黄家驹 (Wong Ka Kui / Huang Jia Ju). He puts his heart and soul into every song voice evokes emotion. This is his trademark song, but he has so many other great ones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_qIycirRA


    I also like Eason.

    Jacky and Hacken are great singers, but to me their voices don't have the emotion that Eason's has.
    This account is retired.

  2. #22
    Senior Member expression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Screeching... I mean singing
    Posts
    3,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Wah, such a rare find. It's very very rare that I can encounter someone outside of my family who didn't find Jacky Cheung's voice appaeling. Many of my friends are either a fan of his or think his really great. I know he's a very good singer, but, somehow, like you, his voice didn't appeal to me either.
    I know what you mean, I tend to distinguish skill from the natural voice appeal. Though of course they do affect each other. Like I find Kelly Chen's singing voice pleasant but unfortunately she's not very skilled and it shows. Jacky's voice is ok but his top-notch skills make his singing still worthy of listening. Faye Wong is a rare gem gifted with a nightingale voice brought out to the full by superb singing skills.

    Eason's voice is very unique and I like it very much. It is very... 豪邁 and manly.

    I don't know why, but Nadia reminds me of Steven Ma 馬浚偉 (I know, what the??), who also possess a very nice voice. Different from Eason's, Steven's quite... bishounen, voice I mean.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

  3. #23
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    What does a bishounen voice sounds like?

    I like Steven's voice too, especially when he sings ancient songs.

    Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlSRVFH6brQ
    Last edited by kidd; 06-19-08 at 09:06 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  4. #24
    Senior Member KeongJai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    The late 黄家驹 (Wong Ka Kui / Huang Jia Ju). He puts his heart and soul into every song voice evokes emotion. This is his trademark song, but he has so many other great ones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_qIycirRA


    I also like Eason.

    Jacky and Hacken are great singers, but to me their voices don't have the emotion that Eason's has.
    I agree on all counts.
    I think Jacky's voice is great baritone. If he sticks to jazzy and ballard styles nothing can top it. Eason's voice is not as good in that range but he has a very versatile voice and can probably sing any type of song.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,638

    Default

    vivian chow
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

    Entries due July 31st, 2016!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    For female vocalist, I use to like Nadia's voice before she changed her singing technique. Now, her voice sound so thin, when it used to be so rich.

    Nadia Chan's voice

    pre singing technique change.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=is2t4_793Jk

    post singing technique change.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Khg9VahYpf0
    could be another recording company and another engineer mixing her vocal differently, it's pretty easy to change the voice during post production. Now a day most stuff is done with very sharp sound oppose to the old day with a more blurly/fat sound. Check out most of the songs done today, the vocal just shoot/slice through the music, apparently this generation likes it better like that

  7. #27
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    What does a bishounen voice sounds like?

    I like Steven's voice too, especially when he sings ancient songs.

    Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlSRVFH6brQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mekpHWCZPU

    soemthing like that... o.O MOst japanese pop stars now have it..
    Last edited by Sugar; 06-20-08 at 08:40 AM.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  8. #28
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    could be another recording company and another engineer mixing her vocal differently, it's pretty easy to change the voice during post production. Now a day most stuff is done with very sharp sound oppose to the old day with a more blurly/fat sound. Check out most of the songs done today, the vocal just shoot/slice through the music, apparently this generation likes it better like that
    But, she did change her singing technique. She admited so too. Plus, this change voice happen after she get singing training from Liu Jia Qiang. She's actually better now. I remember in her first mandarin album, where her voice first showed a difference, her voice was even thinner. I was so disappointed. The whole album and I only like 1 song. Usually, I like 80% of the songs in her album.
    Secondly, do you notice that beside voice, her enunciation also change. In the latter song, she seems like don't want to open her mouth wide or something and it shows in her singing. Compare it to the first clip. The is no such sound or it's not as obvious.

    Btw, which singing u like better? First clip or second clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mekpHWCZPU

    soemthing like that... o.O MOst japanese pop stars now have it..
    Steven's voice sounds so much more manly.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-20-08 at 10:19 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  9. #29
    Senior Member expression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Screeching... I mean singing
    Posts
    3,292

    Default

    Another "bishonen" singer: Chi Lam, both voice and face. How's that?
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post


    Steven's voice sounds so much more manly.

    I agree. I am not too crazy about j pop boy bands singing...

    Quote Originally Posted by expression View Post
    Another "bishonen" singer: Chi Lam, both voice and face. How's that?

    he is not bishonen
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  11. #31
    Senior Member expression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Screeching... I mean singing
    Posts
    3,292

    Default

    Lol I'm loosely defining bishounen as a cute guy.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    But, she did change her singing technique. She admited so too. Plus, this change voice happen after she get singing training from Liu Jia Qiang. She's actually better now. I remember in her first mandarin album, where her voice first showed a difference, her voice was even thinner. I was so disappointed. The whole album and I only like 1 song. Usually, I like 80% of the songs in her album.
    Secondly, do you notice that beside voice, her enunciation also change. In the latter song, she seems like don't want to open her mouth wide or something and it shows in her singing. Compare it to the first clip. The is no such sound or it's not as obvious.

    Btw, which singing u like better? First clip or second clip?


    Steven's voice sounds so much more manly.
    hard to say, I don't listen to her enough to tell, and youtube quality is pretty hard to distinguish. And certain people sounds different when they sings different type of songs .

  13. #33
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    I know is terms of singing skill, he still has a long way to go. But I like his voice.

    Calvin Chen
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMp0JyhbbrM
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  14. #34
    Senior Member i_fotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    vivian chow
    Seriously, she may not have the greatest range but she has such graceful, beautiful voice....

    Secondly, what does Bioshen mean?
    Last edited by i_fotted; 06-26-08 at 08:19 AM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member BearBearNweather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Personally, I love the voices of:

    Faye Wong
    Chyi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9ZN3w5Ruc

    Hacken Lee
    Emil Chau

  16. #36
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    Secondly, what does Bioshen mean?
    Bishonen - 'beautiful youth' or 'beautiful boy'.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  17. #37
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    I also like Joyce Cheng's tone.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6fRfpH0Ec
    Last edited by kidd; 06-29-08 at 08:58 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  18. #38
    Senior Member Qin_Shu_Bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Hmmm....

    Jacky Cheung
    Anson Hu
    Fei Yu Ching

  19. #39
    Senior Member jadebunny9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hoppingland
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    I love Chyi Yu's voice. It's so..........divine. And her English is perfect.

    Chyi Yu - Borderline



    And this song is one of my most favorite songs of all time. So emo...kekek....yeah her Spanish isn't great, but it's ok.

    Chyi Yu - Donde Voy

  20. #40
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    I like Chyi Yu's All Souls Night.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-13, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-31-07, 03:56 PM
  3. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 09-22-07, 09:17 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-13-07, 03:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •