Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New San Guo Yan Yi (Romance of the Three Kingdoms)

Thanks for all the pics Lady Zhuge!

Lu Yi looks so different with a moustache--I looked him up a few days ago and was shocked at the change! I thought he was hotter before...ah well. Guess it might suit the character better. Also, if you hadn't mentioned Sha Yi was the Bai Zhantang actor, I would never have guessed--he looks so much better in ancient attire! In the modern pics he looks...erm, not-so-good. But in WLWZ I thought he was pretty handsome! ^_^ Which reminds me, I've always wanted to catch the full WLWZ (only watched random episodes cause it was always on the summer I went back to China!).

As for the girls, Chen Hao looks really gorgeous, and Ruby is cute. (I dunno, I've always thought of her as being cute rather than beautiful...)

Sha Yi is a good actor. But when his role annouced, so many people said he is not good for that role. Maybe because he is well known as comedy series. But I think he is really good choice for this role.
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Quote Originally Posted by myedi View Post
    Sha Yi is a good actor. But when his role annouced, so many people said he is not good for that role. Maybe because he is well known as comedy series. But I think he is really good choice for this role.
    I agree. Sha Yi will prove those naysayers wrong. The director does want him to lose 15 kg for the role, though.

Personally I'm not too pleased with the casting of Zhao Ke as Xiao Qiao. She is just not attractive...a far cry from He Qing, the most beautiful Xiao Qiao ever.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/2007-03-26/U1735P28T3D1493984F329DT20070326193443.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.mdbchina.com/P/2007_8_sina/110/11_2007-8-22-17-46-357.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Who is the actress plays Xiao Qiao? she's not pretty at all.

As much as I do like Lu Yi, there is just no way that he can surpass Tang Guo Qiang in my mind, because for me, TGQ=ZGL. I watched Romance of the Three Kingdoms when I was five or so, and TGQ's ZGL made a very lasting impression on me- his wisdom, his wittiness (sometimes a little 'cheek'), his loyalty... TQG portrayed it to perfection.

I don't really believe they should be doing a remake of Romance of the three kingdoms, because the old one was just an absolutely classic. I think they'll have a very hard time surpassing it.

Having said all of this though, I do look forward to the new adaptation, though I'm PRAYING AND PRAYING that this won't turn out to be a commercially-driven readaptation like Hong Long Meng with the most inappropriate actors and the most hideous costumes.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    I don;t know y or because of me...I don;t like Chen Hao as Dieu Thuyen...She is not that pretty...Ruby should get that role....
    Nah man, I believe that Chen Hao is beautiful and she suited the role perfectly

By the way does any one remember who China four beauty are?
    Can you help me out please..
    thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    As much as I do like Lu Yi, there is just no way that he can surpass Tang Guo Qiang in my mind, because for me, TGQ=ZGL. I watched Romance of the Three Kingdoms when I was five or so, and TGQ's ZGL made a very lasting impression on me- his wisdom, his wittiness (sometimes a little 'cheek'), his loyalty... TQG portrayed it to perfection.

I don't really believe they should be doing a remake of Romance of the three kingdoms, because the old one was just an absolutely classic. I think they'll have a very hard time surpassing it.

Having said all of this though, I do look forward to the new adaptation, though I'm PRAYING AND PRAYING that this won't turn out to be a commercially-driven readaptation like Hong Long Meng with the most inappropriate actors and the most hideous costumes.
    I agree 100% with LiYuanZhi that the old one was just an absolutely classic.

Tang Guo Qiang's Zhuge Liang is one of my most favorite character of all time.
    He was excellent as he portrayed Kongming ,his appearence and mannerism was prefect suited the role. I think his performance still classic and just right on the mark even more than 10 years pass.

In my opinion, Lu Yi as Kongming is look not bad because he has a look of 27-30 ages man when he joined Liu Bei. He is look good with his smile
    Lu Yi may has his way to portray Kongming , I just give him a chance.
    But he can't surpass Tang Guo Qiang's Kongming in my mind.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/svlina/tangcap4-6-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/svlina/tangsmall3.jpg')

Absolutely. Those are my sentiments exactly. And because of that, it's pretty much impossible for me to think of another actor as Kongming. It's like Liu Xiao Ling Tong's Sun Wu Kong.

Some article I read pegged TGQ as "The Kongming in the Hearts of the People", Takeshi Kaneshiro as "The Hottest Kongming", and Lu Yi as "The Youngest Kongming." I beg to differ a bit, 'cause I actually think TGQ's Kongming is also the hottest.

One thing I think they can improve on is NOT having multiple actors playing the same roles or the same actor playing multiple roles.

Me too, I'm looking forward to this version because I like the story and the era very much. Some people are already calling this adaptation an "idol version of SGYY", probably because of the cast. I hope that won't turn out to be the case.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Aha, TOTALLY agree with your comment... TGQ is definitely the most handsome Kong Ming. It's not in the looks, it's 'qi zhi' and 'feng du' as well. Like I said, had a total crush on TGQ's Kong Ming when I was younger.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

I think Tang guo qiang's Kongming, he looks charm and sexy with the classicist on every step of his performance.

I like all casts except the actress who plays XQ. She's not pretty at all. Anyway, when other casts confirmed?
    Music, the greatest good that mortals know, And all of heaven we have below.

I dont really like Ruby Lin but it doesnt matter tho as she's not playing Diao Chan. I like Chen Hao though but never seen her playing these types of roles.. i mean as one of the four beauties. Normally she plays someone tough..
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by s2tranga View Post
    By the way does any one remember who China four beauty are?
    Can you help me out please..
    thanks..
    Diao Chan, Xi Shi, Wang Zhaojun and Yang Guifei.

Is Zhao Ke the girl who acted in Drive of life? She's pretty but surely can't possibly be the divine beauty that Xiao Qiao was? I believe Chen Hao will do Diao Chan justice - she's far prettier than most of her photos suggest, and with suitable make up should deliver a very good performance. I'll never forget her Ah Zi, and it's great seeing her in a heroic role. Ruby Lin seems to be a bit too maidenish to be Sun Shangxiang, but she does look more mature in those photos - so maybe she'll do it well. Better a weak casting for Sun than for Diao Chan.

The 1994 version was definitive, marred only by actor changes for several characters - Lu Su and Yuan Shao were just totally disruptive, although others like Zhao Yun could be explained due to age. A small blemish on a classic, but one which is very noticeable, especially as in all cases the changes were for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerain View Post
    Anyway, when other casts confirmed?
    According to the director, July 15th.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This will be one of the china project I'm looking forward for.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

ohhhhhhhhhhh...cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Absolutely. Those are my sentiments exactly. And because of that, it's pretty much impossible for me to think of another actor as Kongming. It's like Liu Xiao Ling Tong's Sun Wu Kong.

Some article I read pegged TGQ as "The Kongming in the Hearts of the People", Takeshi Kaneshiro as "The Hottest Kongming", and Lu Yi as "The Youngest Kongming." I beg to differ a bit, 'cause I actually think TGQ's Kongming is also the hottest.

Me too, I'm looking forward to this version because I like the story and the era very much. Some people are already calling this adaptation an "idol version of SGYY", probably because of the cast. I hope that won't turn out to be the case.
    That's the problem when a particular role is so successfully portrayed by one actor. It's hard to imagine another playing Zhuge Liang. Not Takeshi, not Lu Yi.

This version does look as if it's China Idol drama series with its current cast, just like the movie version, Battle of Red Cliff which only seems to be a collaboration of famous actors and actresses. But who knows, the drama (and movie) may turn out better than expectated...or at least I hope they will.

Xiao Qiao's costumes
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3821/post61214191039ft3.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Zhou Yun's look
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4955/zhaoyunpd6.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。