Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering dreams

Default Remembering dreams

Do you remember your dreams? For me, I remember them vividly while I'm dreaming (!!), and I still have some lingering memory of it when I first wake up, but once I'm fully awake, I no longer remember much about the dream, only bits and pieces of it. But I do remember that I did remembered them vividly while I was dreaming.
    Last edited by PJ; 05-22-08 at 04:09 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I don't understand how you can remember something while it is happening, but I think I get your point. Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams other than remembering that I had a dream.

Every once in awhile though, I have these dreams where I remember every detail and can recount them days later. I can even tell people what they were doing in my dreams. This most often happens when I've eaten something out of the ordinary before going to bed.

Another question is do you dream in colour? I do. I've read that most people dream in black & white.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Well, as the matter of fact, I do remember most of my dreams, even when I'm fully awake. And I do dream in colors, though most of my dreams are black and white. And to tell the truth, I've had this dream where all the others were black and white, except for a few object. Like the two-handed sword I wielded, which was glowing with a purplish aura. Wondered why I had a sword? Well, I'm still wondering about that even now....
    It was often said, "Among horses, Chi Tu (Red Hare). Among retards, Lu Bu."

Vice-President of Wuji Haters Club!

Originator of "Wuv Kuddly Hamsty" activity.

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    Another question is do you dream in colour? I do. I've read that most people dream in black & white.
    Another interesting question is if you speak multiple languages, which language do you dream in?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I only remember some dreams but that's only normal. It's said that humans dream lots of stuff in sleep, but could only remember a handful every now and then.

Some, I remember the details very well, such as what I was doing, who's in there and so on, and it sticks. There are some others that I woke up remember, but details of it fade off in time that could span from minutes to hours later.

I'm currently writing a story that's based on my most recent dream.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

My dreams take place in a warped, surreal world, where nothing ever makes sense . . . .

"Hey look, a cow! It's growing into a tree! I'm a butterfly! Earthquake!!! At least the tree's still there . . "

Imagine keeping all that straight in your head. Very difficult to remember . . .

I usually can remember most of my dreams such as plot, items, major characters, but most of the time I'll forget the faces of supporting casts e.g. I get into a taxi with someone I know and the taxi driver would be someone I know but I can't remember who.

as for language it changes. and it's all in full high definition colour

Indonesia, where people will trap you in a Big Dipper formation if you steal a chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    My dreams take place in a warped, surreal world, where nothing ever makes sense . . . .

"Hey look, a cow! It's growing into a tree! I'm a butterfly! Earthquake!!! At least the tree's still there . . "

Imagine keeping all that straight in your head. Very difficult to remember . . .

Hahaaa! The same goes with me. I even KNOW that I'm dreaming when I'm in a dream. And as long as I could remember, I've never been in a dream where I walked. I always floated. I still remember this dream where I could fly so fast that I could overtake a sport car on a straight road.

And, there's this dream where I fought with so many zombies, but because I knew that I was dreaming, I intentionally floated and threw out some laser beams from my PALM! OMG

I am not that certain of, whether I could have remembered my dreams if I had a better memory.

However, some dreams I had did stay in my mind, even made me ponder over it because it seems to be telling me something.

I have this to share: Once I had a dream about this snake (something like an Anaconda), sprung in (from nowhere) at my direction through the window when I was about to put my clothes out to dry under the sun. It hisses, seemly in an attack mode but it's not (Maybe, because it's big).

I tried to defend myself, and most importantly my family, from getting any possible attack from this snake. It seems like very interested in my family but I, for some reasons, is blocking it away from them (me, in an about-to-attack mode).

This dream kept bothering me because I felt like there is something to it. I actually relate this dream to a friend, who is sort of a gypsy. She tried to give me possible meanings of this dream....and it happened that, I decoded this dream by myself, with her help, of course.

The snake, actually refers to someone, born in the year of snake (Yes, it is. Even though, this "snake" is a latin). As for the rest of the decodes....I'll keep it under the carpet.

The moral of my story is, if some dream is bothering you, it may be trying to tell you something. It could be a present situation (meaning: a reflection, possibly for you to think about) or something going to happen, in near future.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Usually I remember very vivid dreams. I know that we dream a lot every night, but 90% of the time, I don't remember having dreamt anything. It appears that I start dreaming less as I grow older...I still remember some of my dreams from when I was younger.

My dreams are almost always in color, and make sense most of the time......save for all the lightness kung fu that I'd use to fly from place to place. Sometimes I'd wake up knowing that I had dreamt about something that really bothered me, but I couldn't remember it. Usually I am able to recall it as the day goes on. Dreams are such pretty things. In my dreams, I've been to many strange places, got chased by ghosts, fallen down stairs, kicked many people's butts, got bad grades, met moviestars, yadda yadda.

I don't know if any of you here are like me, but I've more than once dreamed about having a whole gigantic feast with every kind of good food imaginable, and then just as I'm about to take a bite, someone just has to wake me up.

Well, "make sense most of the time" is not the appropriate phrase for me. You have superhuman abilities (can fly, shoot out lasers, throw some earth-shattering punches, see through walls, etc.) and surprisingly, not a single person think that you're cool! They all act normally! Try explaining THAT!

I remember some of my dreams and they are all in color. Some dreams were so weird that I still remember most of the details years later. Also, I have had dreams of when I was really young like 2 or 3 years old. When I tell my parents of my dream, they told me it really happened in real life. I don't know if my memories are coming in dreams or I heard the story from someone and dreamed it?
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

I had this dream where I fell from the 3rd floor and before I hit the floor I awoke in shock. I also remember a dream where I was playing basketball and my team mate made a sudden pass that I woke up in surprise holding both my hands forward as if trying to catch the blind pass. Sometimes I wake up having an erection, I always wonder what I dreamed the night before but I couldn't remember.

You do? Well, I think most people does. I myself had this dream where I was fighting a bunch of... err.... catfighters? I dunno, all I know was that they were all yelling 'miauw miauw'

And when I tried to punch one of them, which seemed to be their leader (oh cool, I've just realized that this particular dream is RPG-styled ) I woke up and realized that I was punching my pillow instead

Dreamt again. This time a much longer dream. About my army training. I was "protecting" an army mate (real mate) who was not able to perform effectivelye because he got "onion" feet. The officer (never seen this guy before) asked what the hell was that. My answer for "onion" feet was that his skin peeled off like onions. A logical answer? I informed the officer that I knew my army mate's condition as we were in the recruit training. Conversation then turned to our recruits' platoon commander. Rank correct but name wrong. And then the alarm clock rang.

I have been dreaming quite continuously. An ex-colleague noted that it is good to dream - that means you are sleeping soundly. But to me, I prefer a straight sleep: no dream.

Another dream. At a similar bus stop. Going to buy a drink for someone to take medicine. People are driving small motorised "car karting" cars around. Police asked me to take another exit instead of going by the entrance of the arriving cars. But the strange thing is that a lady is selling clothes right in front of the entrance.

I always dreamt of not able to find where I park my car, unable to find my way to my destination, not able to use my phone to call someone (unable to find the person in the contact list, the contact list malfunction etc).

Don't know what it mean.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I always dreamt of not able to find where I park my car, unable to find my way to my destination, not able to use my phone to call someone (unable to find the person in the contact list, the contact list malfunction etc).

Don't know what it mean.
    I am no expert in dreams. The three dreams has a commonality: No results. It may signify something you are doing and you realize that there is no result. Yet you are doing it.

Have not been dreaming recently. The latest dream was two days ago. A short one but a bad one. I was shouting and scolding someone I know. Need to exercise self control.

A few days without dreams. Had three dreams yesterday.
    1. A group of people cheering. Quite a long dream. But I do not know what they are cheering.
    2. Two people running about. Just running.
    3. Going back for reservist training. Clear dream but illogical. Initial part is about meeting an army friend in camp nd we were discussing what will be happening in camp. Then immediately, I am at home, packing to go to camp. Sequence is wrong. Also, I am thinking of what to wear to camp (wrong too). Worse still, I am wearing three T-shirts.