Thread: can someone help me with my thesis statement for my essay?

Default can someone help me with my thesis statement for my essay?

please?

i'm writing an essay comparing my opinion and the opinion of a character from the novel i'm studying in english class. the essay is about our perceptions of the "Canadian" identity, and what it means to be Canadian.

the character thinks that the real Canadians are English people, but i think that there is no real identity since Canada is so multi-cultural.

i don't know how to write a GOOD thesis statement for this topic.. can someone help me?
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

I think it would be better for you to come up with your own thesis statement. A thesis statement is a debatable point or claim which your entire paper is based on. Besides, we haven't read the novel, so its harder for us to come up without knowing what it is all about.

If you need help, I think this page is helpful: http://www.englishdiscourse.org/5.pa...ay.format.html

This is for a 5 paragraph essay, but it is still a good guideline for writing essays.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I concur with Suet Seung. Try writing a statement and then posting it here for a critique.

Quote Originally Posted by xcutie View Post
    please?

i'm writing an essay comparing my opinion and the opinion of a character from the novel i'm studying in english class. the essay is about our perceptions of the "Canadian" identity, and what it means to be Canadian.

the character thinks that the real Canadians are English people, but i think that there is no real identity since Canada is so multi-cultural.

i don't know how to write a GOOD thesis statement for this topic.. can someone help me?
    I agree with the suggestions from Suet Seung and sniffles. However, may I also add this point: I think to write a good essay, especially on the personality/characteristics/identity, you need to write your emotions. How you feel about it. In short, write your feelings. That's my POV of good essay.

To start off, briefly write how you feel and post in here. We can slowly arrange from there, rephrase it (when necessary) and more ideas to add-on, possibly. Good luck!

Keywords: Feel, then you Write.

P/s: Just my 2 cents, a native Canadian (imo) often has a jovial and friendly personality. (see. Just for Laughs, Just for Variety). Just my POV only.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 05-27-08 at 11:08 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?