Thread: 十大奇案 Ten Cases

Default 十大奇案 Ten Cases

was just checking out some entries at oldcake.com
    since this is related to Big Sister, i'm gonna include this also
    (can't be certain if the official English title is "Ten Cases" though, but for simplicity, let's assume so until the proper title is discovered)

what i do know:
    Mak Dang Hung (producer of Dragon Strike and other RTV classics) was one of RTV's greatest heroes, he was willing to film and broadcast any film with themes sensitive to his time. Anything he produced became a hit. Ten Cases are based on top ten cases in the 1970s, it shook all of Hong Kong, and at that time it was almost rated R.

if you wanna read what one story is abou, read on; if not, skip to the bold words on the bottom

mbcheung: 我好記得o個間叫"長城公寓",因為我細個o個時俾呢單案嚇到幾晚都訓唔著,夜晚急尿都唔敢起身屙,幾慘呀 !
    I remember there was "Great Wall Apartment" because when i did not get any good night sleep for several nights after i saw it. even when i feel the urge to pee midnight i didn't dare wake up. it was so sad!

fumoon: 好少睇麗的d節目, 點知果晚就轉咗台, 睇咗呢集.....之後要開住燈訓, 足足有成個月, 果個(死人樣)嚇咗我幾年.....
    依傢講返我都仲好記得......佢殺咗果個女人之後鏡頭係冇直接影佢, 而係用牆上面嘅影子去交代佢响死者塊面上做緊d嘢......之後果幕講佢見鬼, 响個廳見到個(死人頭)响半空, 之後佢跑去門口,個(死人頭)又再次出現响右上角.(成 1/4 個螢光幕大....嚇到我死 ).....最後果幕講d差佬去返間公寓打開個冷氣槽攞包眼耳口鼻出黎......總之就恐怖啦..... 係個透明膠袋入面有d紅色嘢..... .....我仲記得之後過咗一排開始冇o甘驚啦, 點知有日呀媽去完街市買餸返黎, 我一打開個袋見倒包牛肉, d記憶又返返黎.....
    事隔三十年....講起都重有d feel......
    i never watch much of rtv, but when i change channel that night, i saw that episode and was freaked out by the look on the dead person's face for several years!...
    i could still remember... after he killed that girl the camera did not shoot her, instead they showed the shadow on the wall; then the canera showed him seeing a ghost, seeing a severed head floating in mid-air, and then he ran out the door and he was followed (the severed head filled up 1/4 of the screen!) finally, the police came and found the eye, ear, mouth, and nose he hid... pretty scary, red stuff through the plastic bag... eventually i didn't get so scared, but when my mom bring back beef from the market, those memories came back again...
    it's 30 years already, now that i talk about it i still have that "feel"ing, that impression

One part was Big Sister. It was two episodes. Finally it got so popular that RTV decided to make a longer version on this story. Big Sister becomes one of Hk"s icons.
    Last edited by JourneytoThreeKingdoms; 05-31-08 at 01:45 AM.

This is called "Ten Sensational Cases".
    Meanwhile, 十大刺客 is called "Ten Assassinations".

haha, i thought sth was missing in the english titles

wonder why it's called "Ten Assassinations instead?

thanks anyway

I don't know, you will have to ask the producers. Actually I found these two title names off an E-Book on internet. Try to search for RTV "Ten Assassinations" from google.

ooh! thanks!