View Poll Results: Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Los Angeles Lakers

10 55.56%
  • The Boston Celtics

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

Default Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

So...Lakers purple and gold, or Celtics green and white for the Larry O'Brien Trophy this year?

lakers win 4-1. i'll give the celtics a win on game 2.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lakers win 4-1. i'll give the celtics a win on game 2.
    The Celtics aren't that bad. They'll likely be the toughest of the four teams the Lakers have met during his year's playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The Celtics aren't that bad. They'll likely be the toughest of the four teams the Lakers have met during his year's playoffs.
    no way. the jazz was the toughest team. next will be san antonio. i'll only say the celtics were better than the nuggets.

the celtics have 0 bench other than posey who plays decent D and shoot 3s. and ray allen had been inconsistent throughout the playoffs.

right now, i see the biggest threat in the celtics roster is rondo, he has the speed of parker. i know garnett and pierce will do their things, but thats not enough to beat the lakers. rondo has the speed of parker, and derek fisher might be able to slow him down, but if farmar come in from the bench, hes going to get toasted. farmar is probably the worst defensive player in the lakers.

no way. the jazz was the toughest team. next will be san antonio. i'll only say the celtics were better than the nuggets.

the celtics have 0 bench other than posey who plays decent D and shoot 3s. and ray allen had been inconsistent throughout the playoffs.

right now, i see the biggest threat in the celtics roster is rondo, he has the speed of parker. i know garnett and pierce will do their things, but thats not enough to beat the lakers. rondo has the speed of parker, and derek fisher might be able to slow him down, but if farmar come in from the bench, hes going to get toasted. farmar is probably the worst defensive player in the lakers.
    I honestly didn't think the Jazz were that tough. They were about on par with the Spurs, who probably should have been tougher, but they were too burnt after the long Hornets series (and because they're so old).

The Celtics had the best defense in the league during the regular season, and their bigs match up well with the Lakers' bigs. The Celtics play a physical style of game that's well-suited to stymying the Lakers' fluid offense (which is pretty much the same story as it was back in the 80s when Magic's Lakers played Bird's Celtics).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I honestly didn't think the Jazz were that tough. They were about on par with the Spurs, who probably should have been tougher, but they were too burnt with the long Hornets series (and because they're so old).

The Celtics had the best defense in the league during the regular season, and their bigs match up well with the Lakers' bigs. The Celtics play a physical style of game that's well-suited for styming the Lakers' fluid offense (which is pretty much the same story as it was back in the 80s when Magic's Lakers played Bird's Celtics).
    jazz had quality bench and role players to go along with boozer and deron. also they had the best home record and were considered the most physical team in the playoffs. spurs only have the big 3. and also even though the celtics did have the best d in the regular season, they also had the best road record in the regular season but in the playoffs they are like 1-8 on the road. but i have to say that i dont ever watch boston play in the regular season and only started watching them in the playoffs (i hate the celtics ), so i cant judge them much.

and if the spurs were old and worn out from long series, the celtics are older and been in longer series

btw what do u predict for the outcome?

Kobe will carry the lakers to the promise land.....Lakers big 3 can play with Boston big 3...even better....

Kobe vs Ray
    Lamar vs Paul
    Pau vs KG

Boston can't seem to score much in the playoff while the Lakers score ton

and if the spurs were old and worn out from long series, the celtics are older and been in longer series
    Of course, the Celtics get almost a week off instead of the two days afforded the Spurs. Furthermore, the Celtics don't have to travel out of Boston for a while; the Lakers will come to them first.

Boston must win both games 1 & 2 to have any shot at taking the series. Games 3-5 are at Staples where the Lakers have yet to lose in the post-season. Boston has been a terrible road team in these playoffs, so I can't see them winning any of those 3 games. The Lakers on the other hand, have been the best road team in these playoffs. They won twice in Denver, which is a difficult arena to play in. They also beat the Jazz in Utah, and the Jazz were the best home team in the NBA this season. Winning in SA isn't exactly easy as well.

I think the Lakers will steal 1 game in Boston and then win games 3-5. Lakers in 5.

Lakers to win. Celtics can't win in a shootout which is what I think will happen.
    You need a hard defensive team to beat the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    Lakers to win. Celtics can't win in a shootout which is what I think will happen.
    You need a hard defensive team to beat the Lakers.
    celtics are the best defensive team, but lakers will still win

The spurs are a more defensive team. Even detroit are.
    Sure Garnett is a better defensive player than anyone else, but that's just one in the team.

im pretty sure celtics are the number 1 defensive team this year in terms of points per game allowed vs points per game scored.

There's no way the Lakers win this series with Boston's superb defense. Boston takes the series in seven games. I've always been a fan of KG and his passion and intensity for the game.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

i change my mind..Boston in 5.....Lakers going to come out and take the lead into halftime, but Boston will gain the lead in 3rd quarter.....game, set, match...kekekekk

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    i change my mind..Boston in 5.....Lakers going to come out and take the lead into halftime, but Boston will gain the lead in 3rd quarter.....game, set, match...kekekekk
    The poll we have is 10-4 in favor of the Lakers. Heck, even most NBA analysts pick the Lakers in six.

The Lakers played like crap in game 4.

BLAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Ji Gong View Post
    The Lakers played like crap in game 4.
    that's because kobe played like crap. I tipped Lakers because I assumed Ray Allen would continue playing like he had all playoffs but he had everyone fooled.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Am I the only one here who's routing for the Celtics? Because I want someone to gloat with.

if Boston win the 3th quarter....then Boston can start celebrating.... i was hoping for 7 games but look like it ain't going to happen

game 6 here we go! FAITH!