Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bride with White hair

  1. #1
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Bride with White hair

    I just watched the movie and I was interested in the backstory of the twins. Any experts out there? I wonder why they ended up the way they did...

    Also, anythihg different from the Brigitte Movie with the actual novel?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  2. #2
    Senior Member Extremer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    LOHAH - Land of Honour & Happiness
    Posts
    2,405

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I just watched the movie and I was interested in the backstory of the twins. Any experts out there? I wonder why they ended up the way they did...

    Also, anythihg different from the Brigitte Movie with the actual novel?
    Wow, this movie was like very long ago.. Isn't it?
    ..ext88

  3. #3
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,114

    Default

    I wonder, is that kind of twins even possible in reality? A brother sister twins that is joined at the back.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  4. #4
    Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    currently in malaysia
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    the story was way different from the movie. there's some translation of it in the forums, look for it. or try wuxiapedia. the 'bride' learnt her skills from the wife of the sword saint of tianshan. her skills combined the sword skills of over forty schools but were executed backwards. she was hated by the ordotox members for been a bandit but she wasn't evil.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Wow, this movie was like very long ago.. Isn't it?
    YEha, 1993.. and it was with Leslie Cheung.


    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I wonder, is that kind of twins even possible in reality? A brother sister twins that is joined at the back.

    I am not too sure. We know there are twins joined at the heads and hips.. hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    the story was way different from the movie. there's some translation of it in the forums, look for it. or try wuxiapedia. the 'bride' learnt her skills from the wife of the sword saint of tianshan. her skills combined the sword skills of over forty schools but were executed backwards. she was hated by the ordotox members for been a bandit but she wasn't evil.
    Would you happen to know the backstore of the twins? Like.. how did they get into the evil goonies they were? I only saw a small flashbacks of them being tied up and condemed by the orthodox clans
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  6. #6
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I wonder, is that kind of twins even possible in reality? A brother sister twins that is joined at the back.
    I am not too sure. We know there are twins joined at the heads and hips.. hmm
    The imposibility is not them joining at the back, but them being a conjoined twins of different sexes.

    According to current theory, conjoined twins can only be of the same sex. This is because conjoined twins come from the incomplete splitting of a single embryo. So, conjoined twins are actually identical twins and are always of the same sex.

    But, there are also new findings about semi-identical twins. This type of twins are formed when the egg split and fertilised by 2 different sperms. So far there is only one recorded case (correct me if I'm wrong), eventhough the theory has been around much earlier.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    The imposibility is not them joining at the back, but them being a conjoined twins of different sexes.

    According to current theory, conjoined twins can only be of the same sex. This is because conjoined twins come from the incomplete splitting of a single embryo. So, conjoined twins are actually identical twins and are always of the same sex.

    But, there are also new findings about semi-identical twins. This type of twins are formed when the egg split and fertilised by 2 different sperms. So far there is only one recorded case (correct me if I'm wrong), eventhough the theory has been around much earlier.
    True, i am not too sure myself. I kind of took it the way it was

    The sister seemed to have a thing for her brother tho o.O
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Similar Threads

  1. New White Snake Legend (starring Liu Tao as Madam White Snake)
    By NarutoSakura in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-09-11, 06:00 PM
  2. BRide with White hair with brigitte
    By Sugar in forum Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-08, 08:42 AM
  3. Romance of the White Hair Maiden
    By datanie in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-17-07, 12:21 AM
  4. The Corpse Bride
    By Animelover_ae in forum Movies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-12-05, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •