Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Default X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Coming out april 2009

cant wait, gambits gonna be in it

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photo.163.com/vawC2HU4-2bq73suhI_SuQ==/1773573828253927074.jpg')
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

i wanna see this one so bad.
    i guess i'll have to see it while i'm in vegas.

pics credit to yahoomovies.com
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/316ojgy.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/303gvpz.jpg')

.....but the real reason i wanna see this movie is because of my sweetie daniel henney!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/dwa0r5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/dyx43k.jpg')

Most *savvy* cyberspace user LOL, already watch this about three weeks ago when the leaked workprint version out on the net. I heard that there are not many differences between the final-cut and the workprint version.

I watch it and I think it's good for film student to learn the process of film making especially involving the use of green screen for special effect and CGI rendering.

It's kinda funny watching all those CGI scene incomplete LOL.

People I know that watched the workprint version didn't like it too much. But I watched it at the theater and it was a decent movie to me. Way better than spiderman 3 in my opinion.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Too little scenes on Gambit, which is my favourite character after Cyclops. There are still rooms for improvement of his (Gambit) slyness and agility, though, IMO.

Liev, the new Sabretooth, did a pretty good job, I feel. He projects a "smarter version" (in various ways) than the previous actor. Despite he didn't have the identical look of a Sabretooth cat.

Overall, the movie is not as messy as some reviews stated. Audience should be able to understand partial history of the Xmen through this movie. Well, I did.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 05-03-09 at 11:23 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

OK for gals, but definitely not enough eye candy for guys. I miss "Mystique"!!!!!
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

It was better than X-Men 3. I thought they did a good job of keeping the continuity between this movie and the X-Men films, even though they had different actors as Sabertooth and Stryker.

It wasn't as action-packed as the trailers had led me to expect, which was actually a good thing. If it had really had as much action as the trailers indicated, it would have had no plot, just a lot of action scenes pointlessly strung together.

I liked it that Gambit didn't have a ridiculous exaggerated Cajun accent. I also thought they did a good job of presenting Wolverine's past without going into too much detail. The explanation of how he lost his memory was also good.

But really I think Wolverine is better left mysterious. Explaining him brought up a lot of questions. How did Victor Creed get from the clever but amoral guy in this movie to the nearly mindless animal of the first X-Men film? Who were all those mutant kids, and why didn't we see them in X-Men? That's the trouble with doing a "prequel".
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    I liked it that Gambit didn't have a ridiculous exaggerated Cajun accent. I also thought they did a good job of presenting Wolverine's past without going into too much detail. The explanation of how he lost his memory was also good.

But really I think Wolverine is better left mysterious. Explaining him brought up a lot of questions. How did Victor Creed get from the clever but amoral guy in this movie to the nearly mindless animal of the first X-Men film? Who were all those mutant kids, and why didn't we see them in X-Men? That's the trouble with doing a "prequel".
    i liked gambit, lol. taylor kitsch is nice

and i read somewhere that they were planning on doing more x-men movies, and possibly even a wolverine sequel, which will probably start explaining some of the questions left at the end of this movie. they always have to leave some to leave room for possible more movies right? here's to hoping

loved the movie and its faithfulness to the comic books (with a few minor revisions to keep it in sync with the first 3 x-men movies, of course) but hated, absolutely hated Taylor Kitsch (did I even spell his name right?) as Gambit. Gambit is Cajun, for Pete's sake! He didn't even exert effort to put on an accent... why'd he thing his character's surname was Lebeau? Get somebody better looking, better at acting in the sequel. Even a no name who can act will do, just drop Taylor!!! Sorry to the Taylor fans, but I just love Gambit so much and was really just disappointed over the way he portrayed my favorite X-man..... I also wish they had given Ryan Reynolds more scenes as well.... Great acting for the rest and Liev Schrber was perfect as Sabretooth.... he should've been the actor they got for the role from the get go...

The X-men is really a great movie.I watched This movie last night.I really Love This Movie..
    SPCNET FORUM GUIDELINES

IV. a) Advertisements/Spamming - Advertising of pirated or copied VCDs, DVDs, and other related medias are not allowed.

I thought this movie sucked. It barely had a plot, the action was sub-par, the display of the different mutants' powers were poorly done. It was something to watch when you have nothing better to do. But not worth seeing in the theater.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

The X-men is a great movie. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    .....but the real reason i wanna see this movie is because of my sweetie daniel henney!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/dwa0r5.jpg')
    He was hot, wasn't he?

I saw this at the theater a couple days ago, and I thought it was okay... average at best. It provided for a few good laughs and eye-candy, but the plot (or lack thereof) wasn't too great. I still love the 3rd X-Men movie the most.

i like this movie, better than X men 3, and I love gambit, he is awesome, and the diamond girl, i want to see her more

hehe. eye candy

I just saw it and it's OK. Comparing it to the other X-Men movies, I'd say it's on par with the original, much better than X-Men 3 but not even close to X-Men 2.

On the plus side, the movie moves so fast that you can't really get that bored. Hugh Jackman and Liev Schriber are both pretty good.

On the negative side, since the movie's pace is so quick, you don't really get much chance to know most of the characters. Also, anyone other than Jackman that screams in frustration just comes off as goofy.
    SPCNET FORUM GUIDELINES

IV. a) Advertisements/Spamming - Advertising of pirated or copied VCDs, DVDs, and other related medias are not allowed.

Default Not Bad

Although there was a lack of eye candy for guys, the overall plot was pretty good. It was better than X-Men 3 which I thought was a disappointment, but not as good as the first two.

Whilst watching the last fight scene with Weapon X, I felt really sorry for the sword guy who got turned into Weapon X. His comments and non-stop talking was pretty funny at times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    Although there was a lack of eye candy for guys, the overall plot was pretty good. It was better than X-Men 3 which I thought was a disappointment, but not as good as the first two.

Whilst watching the last fight scene with Weapon X, I felt really sorry for the sword guy who got turned into Weapon X. His comments and non-stop talking was pretty funny at times.
    lack of eye candy? i thought the eye candy was adequate

but yeah. ryan reynolds was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lack of eye candy? i thought the eye candy was adequate

but yeah. ryan reynolds was pretty funny
    I think what The mighty bob was referring to was that as a guy, there's not much eye candy to see (not much hot girls onscreen).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Thanks for clarifying what I meant .

Sure Lynn Collins was nice, but I thought she looked OK at best (considering this was a major film).

Than again someone who looked amazingly hot wouldn't make the understanding as realistic (if you get what I mean) so I'm not that disappointed.