Thread: Book and Sword 1992

Default Book and Sword 1992

Starred Kenny Ho.

Did anyone watch this? How is it comparing to the 2002 with Vincent Zhao? I plan to watch this series just to compare with the 2002 version.
    thanks

I watched it a long time ago, and even then didn't have the patience to sit through the whole serial, but I believe I saw over 60% of the show, and overall it was okay.

It suffers from some of the same faults as some of the Taiwanese melodramas- it draws out some of the parts to tedious lengths, and adds long whirls and curls to the story to maximize the melodrama. However it does give a large role to HQT and it was interesting to see her interactions with the villians and various members of the Red Flower Society.

click to show/hide spoilers

At the end, CJL actually couldn't decide between HQT and PF, so he didn't decide between them, and swore that he would never marry. It was a bit of a moot point by the end since it was so drawn out that I had lost interest.

I'm hoping this might set a precedent for the character HQT not to be in the wings after PF appears.

thanks, do you know who play pf and HQT? Along with 4th brother, Loubing and 14th brother? Did 14th brother love Loubing also?

Does anyone know the viet title of this series?

Hmm...I thought it was clear that he loved Princess Fragrance more though since he got really jealous when she was with the king. Then after she died, he didn't choose HQT and instead decided to roam the world. As for who played HQT, it was Liu Xue Hua who was a very popular actress in Qiong Yao's series back then. I don't know the name of the girl who played PF but she wasn't very popular. As a matter of fact, I think that's the only series I've seen her in. I'm actually rewatching the series right now. It's pretty good to me. Just a bit too long.

The title in vietnamese is "Thu Kiem Giang Son."

Sorry for the same question again. Do you still remember the Loubing and 4th brother's story? Does 14th brother Yu Tong love Loubing all the way until the end? Did 4th brother die? How about the girl Zhuan Zhi?

Hmm...I don't think that the series focused too much on the story with 4th brother and his wife which I think is the Loubing you're referring to. As for 14th brother, no he didn't love her til the end of the series. Although he did loved her a lot and yes, 4th brother did died if I remember correctly. Loubing vowed not to love another man after thus rejecting 14th brother's affections for her. As for Zhuan Zhi, I'm just guessing I know her because I don't know her Chinese equivalent name...she and 14th brother got together. Hmm....are you still planning to watch this? Wouldn't it be best to find out yourself though?

Btw, I do recommend this series. It's long but it paces quite fast to me. And besides..you get to see Kenny Ho! lolz I haven't seen the 2002 version though. But I doubt I would like it as much.

I do want to watch it very much so I could compare it with the novel. I just finish reading it, so long. And I want to compare it with the 2002 version. But I couldn't find it anywhere to purchase it. I'm also waiting for the new version. I own the 2002 version. I thought it was good, but I definitely think Kenny is hotter than Wen Zhou. I have been a fan of Kenny since Justice Bao and Body Guard.

Also, I'm a bit hesitated because I was never a big fan of Liu Xue Hua. I thought Ester Kwan did a good job portraying Hou Qing Tong. In the 2002 version. They did not focus much on HQT and CJL. Instead they focused alot on other characters such as Loubing, Tei Lai and Yu Tong, Zhang general and Zhuan Zhi along with 7th brother and his wife. That's why I like it so much. I'm not a big fan of the character HQT. But I want to watch it for adorable Kenny.

Does anyone know where to find this series in Chinese? I haven't found any copies in online stores.

I really like the theme song.

I thought the series was good, did fast forward some parts, watched it for Kenny Ho. Don't really remember much about it now...

Default -

Hi All,I am just wondering is there e-book edition of NR?If no, do we have any chance to see e-book version in the future?I need sometimes to consult with NR when I am travelling and printed/online versions are not available.

Good day! Very interesting.