Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who do you -like- the most from the Condor Trilogy?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AnhHung View Post
    I too had difficulties in the beginning with mandarin names, but you get use to it very quickly.

This thread will help on the way. Look at page 2 and 3.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...?t=3975&page=3

PS. HYS is your no 5!

Oh oh, thank you so much! I think that thread should be on Sticky b/c it's very useful to non-chinese wuxia fans, hihihihi

Yay. ZWJ actually won one of these contests.

1. Xiao Zhao
    2. Guo Jing/Huang Rong
    3. Guo Xiang

Zhao Min
    H7G
    YD

Banned

huang rong of course, i wish she was my wife, rofl.

Favorites
    ZBT
    H7G
    HYS

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Zhao Min, hands down! Out of all the wuxia female characters, she's one of the best-rounded characters, in my opinion. A multi-dimension character - the line between good and evil is obscured when it comes to ZM. As a Mongolian Princess, she is cunning, ruthless and violent towards her enemies. But in lies a woman with a tender heart – as we get to witness a softer, gentler, and vulnerable side of ZM when she fell in love with ZWJ.
    Zhao Min reminds of Ren Ying Ying who is my favorite JY character.

Default Favorite Characters

I like Guo Xiang, Huang Rong, and Huang Yaoshi. Zhao Min is pretty cool. Wuji's cousin was my favorite character in HSDS. I was so sad when she died!
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Zhang Wuji followed his grand-teacher with his eyes as the old man walked westwards with Zhou Zhiruo. As the same time, the little girl kept turning back and waving until both of them disappeared behind a row of poplar and willow trees. Suddenly, Zhang Wuji felt so lonely that he started to cry again.
    "Brother Zhang, how old are you this year?" asked Chang Yuchun with frown. When the boy answered that he was already twelve, the man said, "I see. A twelve-year-old is no longer a child, so are you not ashamed to sob and cry like a baby? When I was twelve, I had already been beaten several hundred times, but never did I shed a single tear. A man sheds only blood, you know, not tears. If you continue to cry like a girl, I will have to hit you."
    "I cried because I could not bear to part with Grand-teacher," said Zhang Wuji. "If someone hit me, I would not cry at all! Go ahead and hit me if you dare. I will return each of your punches with ten punches of my own someday."
    1. Zhang Wuji, but specifically child doctor prodigy ZWJ, not adult Superman ZWJ (that ZWJ is still pretty cool, but nowhere near as cool as kid ZWJ).

2. That Indian doctor monk who was meditation buddies with Yideng and whose name no one knew. ROCH has an awesome hero everyone can look up to! But unfortunately it's not the main character.

3. Even though he was a complete ******* I have a soft spot for Qiu Qian Ren, as the only Greats level fighter who was a little guy.

Just like Guo Xiang was made to be loved her sister was made to be hated. I just think that Guo Xiang is so cool because she is eccentric and she doesn't care. She's like a nicer Huang Yaoshi and a more eccentric Huang Rong and a brighter Guo Jing.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by jhudsui View Post
    1. Zhang Wuji, but specifically child doctor prodigy ZWJ, not adult Superman ZWJ (that ZWJ is still pretty cool, but nowhere near as cool as kid ZWJ).
    Ah yes, young ZWJ was quite cool. I was quite disappointed how he turned out. Sorta skimmed through the last part of HSDS. Couldn't take it anymore.

Anyway, he's kind of the opposite of YG. Young YG less likeable, grownup YG more likeable.
    This account is retired.

Hmm difficult...

1. ZWJ (at the moment because i'm loving HSDS)
    2. YG and young GJ (young+old)
    3. H7G
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    Just like Guo Xiang was made to be loved her sister was made to be hated. I just think that Guo Xiang is so cool because she is eccentric and she doesn't care. She's like a nicer Huang Yaoshi and a more eccentric Huang Rong and a brighter Guo Jing.
    Just like Gwok Fu was too terrible to be true, Gwok Seung was too good to be true. The two sisters were so bipolar in their extremes that it was difficult to believe in either one as a character (although I found Gwok Fu's supreme b*tchiness more credible than Gwok Seung's "trying-way-too-hard-to-be-likeableness"). Gwok Seung was almost one of those so-called Mary Sue characters that are an anathema to fiction writers and readers alike.

A blend of Gwok Fu and Gwok Seung would have produced a more believable character, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Just like Gwok Fu was too terrible to be true, Gwok Seung was too good to be true. The two sisters were so bipolar in their extremes that it was difficult to believe in either one as a character (although I found Gwok Fu's supreme b*tchiness more credible than Gwok Seung's "trying-way-too-hard-to-be-likeableness"). Gwok Seung was almost one of those so-called Mary Sue characters that are an anathema to fiction writers and readers alike.

A blend of Gwok Fu and Gwok Seung would have produced a more believable character, I think.
    That might make sense. It seems sometimes Jin Yong dissected a character into two people.

Stupid given to Guo Fu and clever to Guo Xiang.
    Beauty given to Guo Fu and cute to Guo Xiang.
    Marriage to Guo Fu and nunnery to Guo Xiang.
    Bad martial arts to Guo Fu and good martial arts to Guo Xiang.
    Generation Yang Gor given to Guo Fu, generation Zhang 3 Feng given to Guo Xiang.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    That might make sense. It seems sometimes Jin Yong dissected a character into two people.

Stupid given to Guo Fu and clever to Guo Xiang.
    Beauty given to Guo Fu and cute to Guo Xiang.
    Marriage to Guo Fu and nunnery to Guo Xiang.
    Bad martial arts to Guo Fu and good martial arts to Guo Xiang.
    Generation Yang Gor given to Guo Fu, generation Zhang 3 Feng given to Guo Xiang.
    One problem. How is the antithesis of "beauty" = "cute"?

Guo Jing and Huang Rong! Love them so much.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 02-02-11 at 09:52 AM.

Can't speak about LOCH and HSDS yet (wonder if I ever get round to reading the whole trilogy), but as for ROCH, my sentiments haven't changed...

Zhen Zhibing and Zhao Zhijing. (Of course.)
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

I gotta say its West Venom Ouyang Feng. I can relate to his ambitiousness but I also feel really bad for him at the end of LOCH.... then ROCH came and I guess god had mercy for him. and HSDS my fav is... Xie Xun.

definitely XLN. she's the best.

Why nobody chose Mu Nianci? LOL she's one of the main characters in LOCH. And she's really in love with Yang Kang too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    No kidding. I remember looking at one of the 'new' TVB remakes of Duke of Mount Deer (Lu Dingji), took one look at Wei Xiaobao's 'beautiful wives', and literally said "Screw it."
    That's what he said (and did)
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」