Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most hated protagonists

Default Most hated protagonists

List the protagonists that you hate in wuxia. List them in order from most hated to least hated.... They do not have to belong to Jin Yong's novel, they can belong to GuLong, ect....

Mine are

1 Wai Sui Bo (DOMD).

2 Ding Bang (Against the Blade of honor). I don't know whether this series is based on wuxia novel or not, but the main character played by Lious Koo is very hated here.

3 Chen Jia Lok (book and sword). I seen this series played by Vincent Zhao. He is good here. He did not convince Princess Fragrant to become concubine of QianLong, but I remember someone here said that he did that in the novel... I dislike him about his love. He first met princess fragrant older sister and falling in love with her then immediately change his mind when he met princess fragrant....

4 The main character of "The romance of the white hair maiden". He is the husband of the White hair maiden...
    more.....
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 06-17-08 at 06:38 PM.

how can u hate wai siu bo, hes the most realistic protagonists of them all (in terms of not being the PERFECT one where all he has to do is walk out and 10 women will chase him around... he actually EARNS his women!)
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    how can u hate wai siu bo, hes the most realistic protagonists of them all (in terms of not being the PERFECT one where all he has to do is walk out and 10 women will chase him around... he actually EARNS his women!)
    He is a serial rapist....
    He raped many women with no remorse...

How can you like serial rapist???

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    He is a serial rapist....
    He raped many women with no remorse...

How can you like serial rapist???
    how is it rape if the women enjoyed it?

at least hes not someone like yang guo where he steals 10 women heart and make them not marry for the rest of their lives.

*GAK!*

You might want to rethink this one, Lune...

None of them had given consent at the time of the act, which means it was rape: even the victim can't retroactively go back and say it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    *GAK!*

You might want to rethink this one, Lune...

None of them had given consent at the time of the act, which means it was rape: even the victim can't retroactively go back and say it wasn't.
    but none of them complained afterwards, so even if it was a rape, its not a "good" rape , in fact, some were complaining about "not getting" it too

but none of them complained afterwards, so even if it was a rape, its not a "good" rape , in fact, some were complaining about "not getting" it too
    Really irrelevant. The point was that at the time he violated them against their wishes.

Some kidnappee's develop Stockholm Syndrome where they sympathize and grow feelings for their kidnapper, but it doesn't make the kidnapping right.

at least hes not someone like yang guo where he steals 10 women heart and make them not marry for the rest of their lives.
    How dare you compare Yeung Gor to a serial rapist like WSB. YG did not force these girls to do anything for him against their will. He is their good friend.... It was these women choice to stay single. I am not a big fan of YG, but he is considered a hero.

Lmao, Lunar you are classic. Comparing YG to WXB, I don't think any anti-YG would go that far.

My list:
    DY
    XZ
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

He "made" them not marry?? LOL It's not like he courted these women and then abandoned them. At the worst, he just flirted when he was young (cmon what guy here with self confidence doen't like flirting with pretty girls??), but once he realized XLN was the one he loved, he stopped all flirting.

____

As for WSB, he was a rapist. It comes with the territory. You either like him in spite of that or you don't. I personally like WSB. He is not one of my favs, but the rape was the only truly morally objectionable thing I can think of him doing. And afterwards, JY gave him a way out as the ladies didn't seem to mind so much to soften the blow.
    _________

As for most hated protagonist, it's not close. Chen Jia Luo by a landslide. I may even hate him more than GF.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Lmao, Lunar you are classic. Comparing YG to WXB, I don't think any anti-YG would go that far.

My list:
    DY
    XZ
    In real life, YG is a great lover and could be celebrity. On the other hand, WXB is a serial rapist like Paul Bernardo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo. Many of his wives are modern day version of Karla Homolka...
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 06-18-08 at 10:31 AM.

Ok, to make it clear. YG had one lover, and that was XLN, despite the fact that he could have had almost any woman he wanted. He waited 16 long years based on the longshot belief that his wife was still alive. He HAD to believe it because he would not be able to live on if he did not -- as he showed immediately after he found out the lie. He covered his face even to avoid unintentionally attracting attention from ladies because he felt so bad about what happened to Gongsun Lu Er and the Lu/Cheng cousins.

If he is a celebrity, he is a celebrity known for his heroism, not some sort of playboyism.
    This account is retired.

I don't think anyone can beat Chen Jialuo. There's nothing likeable about that guy. Wei Xiao Bao, apart from that crime, gave people plenty of things to like about him.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

With Chan Ga Lok being so incredibly unpopular, and his being the protagonist of the first major Jin Yong wuxia novel, it's surprising that Jin Yong was able to maintain enough popularity to write a second, third, fourth, etc., wuxia novel after BOOK & SWORD. You'd think that with the unpopularity of the story's hero, nobody would have given Jin Yong a second chance.

1. The women were all unconscious when he has sex with them. How can they enjoy it? Did Ah Ke enjoy it? Did Ah Ke feel elated the morning after? As far as know, she didn't.
    2. If that's the case, Zhen Zhi Bing/Xiao Long Nv must not have been raped too since XLN did enjoy it during the process.

Ah Ke didn't. She was very upset.

And your joke is not funny. It's disgusting and inhuman and a totaly insult to rape victims.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-18-08 at 09:51 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    1. The women were all unconscious when he has sex with them. How can they enjoy it? Did Ah Ke enjoy it? Did Ah Ke feel elated the morning after? As far as not, she didn't.
    2. If that's the case, Zhen Zhi Bing/Xiao Long Nv must not have been raped too since XLN did enjoy it during the process.
    o man, u got me here good points ok i think i am convinced that WXB did rape them and it was not a "good" thing. however i still dont think he should be the most hated protagonist just for that

Protagonists? Unquestionably, Chen Jialuo.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Protagonists? Unquestionably, Chen Jialuo.
    How was Jin Yong able to become a popular and successful wuxia novelist after his first major hero was such a dud with readers?

Or, perhaps, Chan Ga Lok was somehow better received by 1950s and 1960s readers than today's readers (different values, etc.)? My father read BOOK & SWORD, and he never discussed any disdain towards Chan Ga Lok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    With Chan Ga Lok being so incredibly unpopular, and his being the protagonist of the first major Jin Yong wuxia novel, it's surprising that Jin Yong was able to maintain enough popularity to write a second, third, fourth, etc., wuxia novel after BOOK & SWORD. You'd think that with the unpopularity of the story's hero, nobody would have given Jin Yong a second chance.
    The novel itself wasn't bad, it was just the main character. The guy was an arrogant dude who liked to act the part of the perfect confucian hero, full of ostensible honor and self-sacrifice. Made dumb decisions to look good. Messed up his Red Flower society and used a poor girl as a pawn.

JY didn't break the mode of the traditional confucian hero (ru xia / yu hup) until his 4th novel with YG.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Ah Ke didn't. She was very upset.

And your joke is not funny. It's disgusting and inhuman and a totaly insult to rape victims.
    i agree that ah ke was upset, i think it was only ah ke and the older sister of the hunan general sect that was upset. and it was not a joke, at least not how tvb portrayed it. i saw domd 98, the younger sister, shang er, and the girl that likes to play the flute on top of the moutain were gossipping about who WXB did and did not do it with.

but i will apologize if my post offended anyone because i had no intention to do so, sorry